What Would You Purchase to Put Together a Romantic In Room Dinner?

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
My DH & I are considering having a romantic dinner in our room on arrival night. I was thinking we'd gather stuff at Epcot to take back to the room. We could get a baguette in France, along with a cheese plate. We can also get pastries in France &/or Norway, & chocolate covered strawberries in Germany. I'm not sure if we'd get wine in Epcot or bring it from home. We live an hour away, so it's easy to bring anything we want. We'll definitely be bringing our own music. I need suggestions for other things to pick up too.

So, what would you choose in Epcot to put together a romantic meal in your room? We could also pick up stuff in DTD, if there's anything there that you think should be added to the meal. Naturally, we could add stuff from room service, but I'd rather have everything from Epcot or DTD.

I would pick up a platter from Tangierine Cafe, or sushi from Japan. And maybe a Grey Goose slushie for while I'm walking.

Guac and chips are always romantic for us...but we love to vacation in Mexico, so maybe that's not for everyone....

We also luv a scotch egg (they do have them at Rose & Crown...but they are served hot, we always had them cold)....had many a great night at English bars in NYC! :)

I think you just have to think about what means something to you guys and go with it!

I think you have some fabulous ideas! I'd ask you to pass them along to dh, but we're goin' with the kiddos! LOL

Have a great trip...it sounds like it will be a good one!

aw how cute... i think you can get sushi from a counter service in japan?

Guac and chips are always romantic for us...but we love to vacation in Mexico, so maybe that's not for everyone....

We also luv a scotch egg (they do have them at Rose & Crown...but they are served hot, we always had them cold)....had many a great night at English bars in NYC! :)

I think you just have to think about what means something to you guys and go with it!

I think you have some fabulous ideas! I'd ask you to pass them along to dh, but we're goin' with the kiddos! LOL

Have a great trip...it sounds like it will be a good one!

We had our kid days too. :) Our DS is now 19, so we travel alone most of the time. I'd love to go back to the days of him being little, & would happily give up signature restaurants & romantic meals. Enjoy your kids, while you can.

We've never tried a scotch egg. We'll have to check it out. Do you know, if you can get those at the CS in England or to go from the bar?

aw how cute... i think you can get sushi from a counter service in japan?

Anyone know if sushi will still be okay to eat, if we carry it from Epcot to our hotel? It would be a nice addition to our meal, if it will still be okay to eat.

1) Some wine from France.
2) Some pastries from France.
3) Some wine from Italy.
4) Some wine from Germany.
5) Some chocolate from Germany.
6) Some Guac and chips from Mexico.

NOTE: With enough of #1, #3 and #4, the others might be needed.

When our DD was 1 one night it was really cold and we didnt want to take her out so we had a feast in our room. DH went around Epcot and brought back tons of food. We had a Schwarma Platter, Cheese Plate, Ham and Cheese Sand, and Pastries from France, a bottle of wine, Fish and Chips

In addition to the other suggestions from previous posters...

Not sure how much of a sweet tooth you guys have, but I would include some Baklava (sweet pastry with nuts and syrup) from Morocco, and maybe some of Germany's caramel sweet baked goods.

On the savoury side, a German pretzel and french quiche

Sounds a lovely idea :cloud9:

Hope you have fun - let us know what you choose!

Miranda

When our DD was 1 one night it was really cold and we didnt want to take her out so we had a feast in our room. DH went around Epcot and brought back tons of food. We had a Schwarma Platter, Cheese Plate, Ham and Cheese Sand, and Pastries from France, a bottle of wine, Fish and Chips

How did he carry it all back? Did they put the food in a bag for him?

1) Some wine from France.
2) Some pastries from France.
3) Some wine from Italy.
4) Some wine from Germany.
5) Some chocolate from Germany.
6) Some Guac and chips from Mexico.

NOTE: With enough of #1, #3 and #4, the others might be needed.

Do you happen to have a fail safe hangover cure we could pick up to go with this wonderfully solid meal? :rotfl:

Wine
Whipped cream
Jello

I'm guessing you're a man. ;) My DH said that's something he'd suggest. :laughing:

Thanks for the suggestions. That was a great idea & a definitely a feast. Things like that are the ones we remember more so than the well laid out plans we make.

In addition to the other suggestions from previous posters...

Not sure how much of a sweet tooth you guys have, but I would include some Baklava (sweet pastry with nuts and syrup) from Morocco, and maybe some of Germany's caramel sweet baked goods.

On the savoury side, a German pretzel and french quiche

Sounds a lovely idea :cloud9:

Hope you have fun - let us know what you choose!

Miranda

I have a huge sweet tooth. My DH also likes sweets, but he doesn't plan his whole meal around them like I do. :rolleyes1 I hadn't thought of getting a quiche. We both really like them, but have only gotten sweet treats in France. We usually eat 2 TS meals a day & don't really have room for snacks. I'm excited about the possibility of trying more of what WS CS & shops have to offer.

We'll definitely be going back to the caramel shop in Germany. We ended up bringing the things we bought there home with us last month, but it was a nice treat to have at home. I plan to get strawberries there for our in room meal & some of the other candies for the room or to bring home.

How did he carry it all back? Did they put the food in a bag for him?

Good question. I'm planning to take ziploc bags, plastic containers, & a reusable grocery bag. If they will package things in a container & bag for us, we won't need to do that. The only place I know for sure that will use containers & a bag is the caramel shop in Germany. That's really a shop instead of a counter service location though. We've never tried to get food to go at the CS locations.

I'd go with....

1. Mickey waffles
2. Dole Whip
3. A giant smoked turkey leg

But that's just me.

Anyone know if sushi will still be okay to eat, if we carry it from Epcot to our hotel? It would be a nice addition to our meal, if it will still be okay to eat.

as long as you go straight back yes. do not wander around Epcot for 3 hours first. in other words.. pick it up last. you could also bring a small re freezable ice pack that you can nestle the sushi against, although the fish has been cooked so it won't go bad. only if you wanted sashimi would I advise against doing so on a very warm day. just for the smell alone heheheh.

Thanks for the sushi tip. I may take something to keep it cool. I'll have to decide, if I think it's worth carrying the extra stuff around. We definitely don't want any smelly fish. :rotfl:

Moet & Chandon champagne (french) buy at liquor store (cheaper than disney)
Strawberries.
Chocolates
Whip cream ;)
Barry White cd :rolleyes1
Flowers :flower3:
and you're all set :love:

And a good time to be had by all......:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter