What would you pay for OOP vs. DDP?

andy4608

Earning My Ears
All meals are dinner unless otherwise stated. I need help deciding which of our meals we should pay OOP for. We will have 5 TS credits to work with and the rest will be OOP.

LeCellier 1TS
Cal Grill 2TS
Cape May 1TS
Rose & Crown 1TS
Jiko 2T
The Wave 1 TS
LeCellier (lunch) 1TS

Thanks for your help!
Tracy

This is a difficult decision because it will overall depend on what you order.

I can give our experience.

I believe that many people think use the credits for the sigs and pay for the single table service... this is not always the case.....

For instance:

Our 1 ts lunch at Le Cellier $157
Our 2 ts dinner at Jiko $187

So you can see the meal at Jiko may have cost more money but that 2nd credit really only used $30 compared to the $157....

I would seriously think about paying OOP for the 2 signature restaurants and then use your credits for all the others,

or

Pay OOP for Cape May, Rose & Crown, and Jiko... and use credits for the rest.

If you would like to see some price breakdowns for our meals which were for a party of 3 adults,you can check out the dining review I have been doing by clicking below in the signature line... each review breaks down the prices of beverage, food, tax, total.

Have a great trip!

I agree, you have to figure out what you would order. We were going to book Narcoosees for our upcoming trip because #1 we would probably all order the surf and turf and #2 I figure we will have plenty of CS credits, so using those 2TS credits 'opens up a dinner slot' & lets me avoid leftover CS credits.

The DDP plan is more cost-effective if you plan to eat at the buffets because everything is included for that $30-something price. (I can't comment on the deluxe plan because I have not priced that out).

I have heard that during our trip (April spring break) there will be a price increase in buffets so it makes sense to use mostly 1TS for our dinners. (my kids like the buffets)

Generally speaking it's a better deal to pay OOP at Signature locations. The almost certain exception to that is Narcoossee's and it's not a concern in your case.

Consider that the average inexpensive entree at a TS location is about $22. There is no one single entree at California Grill or Jiko that equals $44. So the better value is to pay for two $22 meals with your credits versus one $44 meal.

However, I do agree with the other posters take a look at what you are going to order. If you're getting the $16 Bangers and Mash at Rose and Crown and a $14 Chicken Breast Sandwich at LeCellier for lunch - then those may be your better OOP choices.

This Sept. we payed OOP for Hoop De Doo and use the 2TS to add Coral Reef dinner and Crystal Palace for breakfast.

Thanks for the input. Just when I think I won't have to think about anymore planning for this trip...

Does anyone know the cost of the DDDP for adults and children?

You all are a great source of info.

Tracy

$69.99 per night for Adults
$19.99 per night for children (3-9yo)

Each person receives:
A refillable mug to use at your resort for the length of your stay.
3 Meal credits per night (use them for TS or CS, all counted the same)
TS meals DO include an appetizer, entree, dessert and non alcoholic beverage
2 Snack credits per person

As with any Dinng Plan children must order from the child menu at each restaurant (some places don't have one, one menu for eveyone).

Hope that helps.

By the way I'd love to have your dining schedule!

$69.99 per night for Adults
$19.99 per night for children (3-9yo)

Each person receives:
A refillable mug to use at your resort for the length of your stay.
3 Meal credits per night (use them for TS or CS, all counted the same)
TS meals DO include an appetizer, entree, dessert and non alcoholic beverage
2 Snack credits per person

As with any Dinng Plan children must order from the child menu at each restaurant (some places don't have one, one menu for eveyone).

Hope that helps.

By the way I'd love to have your dining schedule!

I don't think that this will matter in the scheme of things when you're running numbers on the DxDDP - but this is right for 2008. In 2009 the prices go up $2/adult. Kids stay the same next year. :goodvibes

Thanks for being on the case Mod Tricia! :thumbsup2

$71.99 and $19.99

:rotfl: I just absolutely cannot even live with myself some days!! I loathe being so anal about numbers, I just cannot help it.

Maybe there is a 12 step program for people like me ;)

(You know - because $10 over the course of a vacation is really going to make a difference :rolleyes: )

Hey if its two adults that's $20 bucks and I bet the child would love a $20 game room gift card, so in the end it does all add up!

All meals are dinner unless otherwise stated. I need help deciding which of our meals we should pay OOP for. We will have 5 TS credits to work with and the rest will be OOP.

LeCellier 1TS
Cal Grill 2TS
Cape May 1TS
Rose & Crown 1TS
Jiko 2T
The Wave 1 TS
LeCellier (lunch) 1TS

Thanks for your help!
Tracy

If it was me, I would just pay OOP for the Signature restaurants Cali Grill and Jiko. JMHO:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter