What would you like in a FP+ cancellation thread

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
Folks the DIS has always been a great place to see how DISers help other DISers.

FP+ is proving no different and has spawned a whole variety of threads.

Probably one of the best examples is messaboy2's FastPass + Basic Info.... here

A few threads have been posted up regarding DISers letting others know when they cancel a FP+ reservation so that others may have a chance of grabbing the reservation themselves and others posting up requests FP+ (A&E and 7DMT) Cancellation Thread, August A&E/SDMT FP+ Cancellation Thread, September,October

The Anna and Elsa meet n greet and Seven Dwarves Mine Train are just two examples of the most elusive FP+ tickets to get.

Since a few threads have been popping up I thought it would be useful for us all (TPAS posters and moderators) to have an open discussion about how these threads might work.

By the way this can operate the same or differently to the ADR cancellation thread on the Dining board as the moderators on this board will have picked what works best for their board
I will post up my own views later, so as not to steer the conversation.

Please use this thread rather than the current cancellation threads for comments and as always please respect others view points :)

There are threads like that on the restaurant board. They have one rule I think.

Only cancellations can be posted. No using the cancellation threads to ask for a reservation for yourself.

And, any back and forth conversation between DISers is deleted by a Mod within a few hours to not bog down the Thread.

Coordinating a "cancelation/pick-up" time is to be done by PM.

The cancellation or potential cancellation is the only thing posted in the thread - all other comms with regard to the cancellation can move to private message. None of this childish I was first, its my sons bday , no its my daughters bday and especially no begging.

Copied from other thread :)

I don't believe that anywhere in my post did I say that my view point was the only view point. I was just using the very successful ADR cancelation threads as an example of how the FP+ cancelation threads could work most efficiently. I don't think it warranted a personal dig at me.

A sub-forum would be best as there will always be 3 consecutive months of cancelations being posted. Right now, there would be separate Threads for August, September, and October. On September 1st, a Thread for November would have to be Posted.

A sub-forum would be best as there will always be 3 consecutive months of cancelations being posted. Right now, there would be separate Threads for August, September, and October. On September 1st, a Thread for November would have to be Posted.

I will answer this one for now. TPAS has a number of sub-forums - doing the happy dance, special promotions, community. I do not think FP+ cancellation needs a sub forum. I suspect that posters would still post on the main board as the sub-forum have their own communities.
The main board just needs thread(s) that suits folks trip planning purposes :)

I will answer this one for now. TPAS has a number of sub-forums - doing the happy dance, special promotions, community. I do not think FP+ cancellation needs a sub forum. I suspect that posters would still post on the main board as the sub-forum have their own communities. The main board just needs thread(s) that suits folks trip planning purposes :)

Thanks, Cyrano. That does make sense. It's just that not many appear to Search... look at the number of Frozen Fireworks threads that began on the same day and pose the same question. :)

I will answer this one for now. TPAS has a number of sub-forums - doing the happy dance, special promotions, community. I do not think FP+ cancellation needs a sub forum. I suspect that posters would still post on the main board as the sub-forum have their own communities.
The main board just needs thread(s) that suits folks trip planning purposes :)

The dining reservations board has a sticky at the top of the page that has links to all the months and the rules for using the monthly threads (cancellations only, no asking or looking for requests). Each month then has a thread on the reservations board that moves whenever someone posts to it, but with the sticky you can easily find the month you're looking for. Anyone who posts a new thread saying they are cancelling something usually has it moved to the appropriate month thread by the mods. "Asking for" threads and posts tend to be deleted.

I would like to see a main thread like ADRs cancels only, all business, and any coordination done in PMs, and then a commentary thread, "I got one, thanks thread!"

I think some success feedback would be encouraging to folks (still, no asks, no pleas, etc). The commentary thread could maybe have a first post that's a compilation of everybody that wants to brag about getting A&E/7DMT with the help of Disboards.

I believe a cancel thread could be a powerful tool. I'm excited about its potential.

I don't think a thread full of asks and pleas works. It drowns out any real exchange.

I think using the same guidelines as the ADR thread will definitely be a success. In the above threads, I've seen that it has worked and that is the main goal. But no asking or pleaing posts whatsoever and if any, it should be deleted ASAP!! Same as well to any coordinating conversation posts. That should be taken to PM or other arranged communication!!

Well, the September Cancelation Thread already isn't operating very well. If the "first responder" to a cancelation post is shunned for a later responder, there really isn't anything that will ensure the "first responder" is entitled to the posted cancelation nor is there any recourse for the one who shuns.

DISers on the Dining Cancelation Threads are very respectful and I have enjoyed coordinating with others who need specific ADRs.

I think using the same guidelines as the ADR thread will definitely be a success. In the above threads, I've seen that it has worked and that is the main goal. But no asking or pleaing posts whatsoever and if any, it should be deleted ASAP!! Same as well to any coordinating conversation posts. That should be taken to PM or other arranged communication!!

I like this idea. It seems kind of silly, but since I have nine days at WDW, I may just book a A&E FP+ for two (my limit) in order to release it to others. I don't need it but with the luxury of a nine day visit, I may be able to brighten someone's stay. I would prefer the way the ADR threads work so I can simply say, "I am releasing A&E FP+ for two on such and such date, please PM if you would like to coordinate". I would NOT do so on a thread that was overly long with people "begging" for the FP+. That would actually make it unlikely to book it to begin with.

The dining reservations board has a sticky at the top of the page that has links to all the months and the rules for using the monthly threads (cancellations only, no asking or looking for requests). Each month then has a thread on the reservations board that moves whenever someone posts to it, but with the sticky you can easily find the month you're looking for. Anyone who posts a new thread saying they are cancelling something usually has it moved to the appropriate month thread by the mods. "Asking for" threads and posts tend to be deleted.

I think this is the best course of action...

I also think it should be operated like the ARD thread. Other wise the cancelations will get drown out by all the request post. It will be easier to navigate as well. I think it should only be for the popular / harder to get ones. Should there be a separate thread for same day cancelations?

Well, the September Cancelation Thread already isn't operating very well. If the "first responder" to a cancelation post is shunned for a later responder, there really isn't anything that will ensure the "first responder" is entitled to the posted cancelation nor is there any recourse for the one who shuns.

DISers on the Dining Cancelation Threads are very respectful and I have enjoyed coordinating with others who need specific ADRs.

Those ADR threads are also fairly heavily moderated. If, for example, in the Sept FP thread, if that whole exchange were removed, the thread would be back on track...

Well, the September Cancelation Thread already isn't operating very well. If the "first responder" to a cancelation post is shunned for a later responder, there really isn't anything that will ensure the "first responder" is entitled to the posted cancelation nor is there any recourse for the one who shuns. DISers on the Dining Cancelation Threads are very respectful and I have enjoyed coordinating with others who need specific ADRs.

Those ADR threads are also fairly heavily moderated. If, for example, in the Sept FP thread, if that whole exchange were removed, the thread would be back on track...

Itinkso the only reason it's not operating well is because I don't have the ability to delete members posts. Trust me, if I did this never would've happened. I would've deleted the "I need this date... My kids birthday" Bam... Fixed lol!! Like it was never there!!

Ziravan thank you exactly!!

Itinkso the only reason it's not operating well is because I don't have the ability to delete members posts. Trust me, if I did this never would've happened. I would've deleted the "I need this date... My kids birthday" Bam... Fixed lol!! Like it was never there!!

Ziravan thank you exactly!!

I was just pointing out that within a few posts the thread wasn't of assistance to a poster who was the first responder. The only way a Cancelation Thread can be successful is if a Moderator provides diligent, swift, and consistent action.

I was just pointing out that within a few posts the thread wasn't of assistance to a poster who was the first responder. The only way a Cancelation Thread can be successful is if a Moderator provides diligent, swift, and consistent action.

Right!! I agree too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter