• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What would you like for Mother's Day?

As silly as this sounds I really really want "Minnie" to be clean

I want to get in her w/o smellin French fries, seeing toys , piles of sand or dried up sticky juice spills in the cup holders.

I really want a CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN "Minnie"

This sounds incredibly selfish, but I just want to do what I want to do for Mother's Day. It's the 18th Mother's day that I will celebrate as a mom, but it still all has to be about my mom. My sister became a mom 7 years ago and now it's all about her and my mom and working around my sister's ILs. I never get a vote or say in the planning, it's just "this is what we are doing, you will show up and you will like it".

This sounds incredibly selfish, but I just want to do what I want to do for Mother's Day. It's the 18th Mother's day that I will celebrate as a mom, but it still all has to be about my mom. My sister became a mom 7 years ago and now it's all about her and my mom and working around my sister's ILs. I never get a vote or say in the planning, it's just "this is what we are doing, you will show up and you will like it".

:( Sorry, that stinks. But you always have the choice to do what *you* want to, since you are a Mom. :hug: Nothing wrong with starting a new tradition today. :)

:( Sorry, that stinks. But you always have the choice to do what *you* want to, since you are a Mom. :hug: Nothing wrong with starting a new tradition today. :)

I realize that I could do what I want, I just know that the result would be a big problem with my parents. They still have a very hard time understanding that I am a grown up. That is compounded by the fact that my sister is way too co-dependent on them.

In my opinion, I don't need to call every day. I don't need to consult with them on every little detail of my life. I don't need them to raise my kids or tell me that every thing I do is wrong.

The few times I try to assert myself, I just get in hot water with them so I pretty much just go along to get along and stay away when I can. Mother's day is not a day that I could stay away without it being a huge issue.

Some cash as I picked out a beautiful pink vintage cake stand. A clean house would be the ULTIMATE gift ANYTIME!!!!!::yes::

What I really want: hydrangea bushes (I'll get them for myself next week, since they are not in my girls' budget ;) )

I will get cards, my girls will make dinner, and they usually pool their money to get me some flowers. I love every bit of it (and still have all of the homemade cards from every year). :lovestruc

I realize that I could do what I want, I just know that the result would be a big problem with my parents. They still have a very hard time understanding that I am a grown up. That is compounded by the fact that my sister is way too co-dependent on them.

In my opinion, I don't need to call every day. I don't need to consult with them on every little detail of my life. I don't need them to raise my kids or tell me that every thing I do is wrong.

The few times I try to assert myself, I just get in hot water with them so I pretty much just go along to get along and stay away when I can. Mother's day is not a day that I could stay away without it being a huge issue.

Read the part I bolded :)

Yeah it might cause some trouble now, but you need to stand up for yourself so you can stop constantly worrying about what they want.

I told my husband that I want a piece of jewelry with the kids' birthstones. It doesn't have to be expensive and actually I prefer that it isn't expensive. Other than that, I want a nice family day together.

Etsy has some really nice stuff that isn't too expensive. Dh got me a necklace a few years ago there. It has the kids names punched in metal and their birthstones.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day! My birthday is right around (and sometimes on) Mother's Day, so I usually get the "combo gift". I think this year it will be new pillows for the bedroom. What I would love would be a trip to Disney, but since DH is job hunting for his first "after military retirement job" I think any trips are out of the question right now.

Good luck to your dh in the job hunt and congrats on retirement!

It doesn't sound selfish to me at all. Why are you the only one left out? If it's worked around your sister and her her inlaws and your mom, why don't they take you into consideration? Don't let them step all over you.

My mom is like that on mother's day. She already called my brother and TOLD him where she made reservations and where he is taking her for dinner. I feel bad in a way because I moved so far away I don't have to deal with her crazy anymore but he bears the brunt of it being local. She used to demand my dad buy her cards too and while it's a nice gesture, when it's forced like that it sucks.

I would love to be at the beach with my kids for the day but we are a bit far for that!

A nap and a night without colic ...

DD 6 weeks gets bad crying every night, and is up ever 2 -3 hours.

I wouldn't hate a hot breakfast .... BUT NOOOOO dishes.

To not have to work. I think I have had 2 Mother's Day's off since I had kids. OK my oldest is 11 & she was born a week before it & the 2nd one, a nurse wanted to switch with me.

But I am working & taking care of someones mom (or Aunt, dad, uncle, sister, brother, etc...) & I will be home by 3:30 at the latest.

I do want mulch & I told my dh last night that he can get me mulch for Mother's day. That and a new perenial (sp) but I will pick out what I want, lol. Oh & it's my anniversary too so I am happy with a 2nd trailer load of mulch.

Having brunch with my 3 kids, DH, in-laws, and my parents! I'm sure DH and the kids will have treats for me, my mom and my MIL! :goodvibes My DD usually takes care of the gifts and collects the $$ from the boys and DH after the fact. :thumbsup2

I think I'd like to go to the Iris farm and have a picnic lunch again. We did that last year, it was so much fun. Of course then we walked through the flowers and ordered a bunch of bulbs (which I planted this year and they have all sent up shoots, no flowers but shoots). We won't get any bulbs this year but I would love to have some new photos of the girls in the flowers. :)
As for gifts, I'd like new bedding for the master bedroom, our comforter is wearing out and I'd like a new one. I'd also LOVE a KitchenAid mixer, but I will never get that as a gift, DBF's Mom ingrained in him that appliances are never to be given as gifts, which is fine and I agree with 100% UNLESS I've specifically requested that item be given as a gift.....lol So eventually I'll buy my own KitchenAid.... :) The girls usually make cards for me, I love that and I probably won't get any actual gifts, but again, it's totally fine with me. Whatever they do for me I will love. :)

A nap and a night without colic ...

DD 6 weeks gets bad crying every night, and is up ever 2 -3 hours.

I wouldn't hate a hot breakfast .... BUT NOOOOO dishes.

I have been there. My oldest DS had colic bad! He did outgrow it around 4 months. At the time it seemed like it would last forever. Now it was seems like it was just a moment in time...

What I want is for our house to close by this weekend and my house to pack itself. :cool1: What I am hoping for is a nice calm Saturday at the Farmer's Market and lunch at a resturant I like. I am dreaming of breakfast in bed. I already told DH this. I told him I like donuts and coffee!:lmao: The house should close by Memorial Day, so I REALLY should start packing. :hyper:

A job. :goodvibes Then my ds and I can get an apartment and "go home". I lost my job the day before christmas eve and to avoid eviction we had to let go of our apartment in February. I moved in with my sister and her family but there wasn't enough room for both my son who is now 21 and was going to school and has a part time job plus her home is too far away from his job. We were very fortunate that his best friends family is letting him live with them till we get back on our feet. I'm not able to pay the rent on my salary alone so ds is looking for full time work to help out plus he has never been able to drive as of yet due to the cost of insurance so he also wants to be able to buy a car and help pay for his insurance. He and I are our own family....small but we are a family just like Stitch said. His father walked out on us for his secretary when ds was 5. We were doing pretty well till 2006 when I lost my job where I had worked really hard and became a manager. I worked there for 11 years. Ever since has been really rough and we have lost a great deal. The last thing to lose was my car which was paid for but in June of 2010 we needed to pay rent and just didn't have enough so I had to sell my car. We went 4 months without any transportation and I truly regretted selling the car. By the grace of God and my brother-in-law his parents just bought a new car and he bought their old one and gave it to me cause he said if there were and emergency or something you need to be able to drive. It's a 1989 Acura Legend, the A/C/Heater doesn't work, driver window doesn't role all the way up, too many things to mention are wrong with this car or broken but it drives and that's what counts. So right now I just desperately need a good job. I've been on about 8 interviews since February and I have to say that age discrimination is alive and well, unfortunately. I miss my son very much and he misses his mom. We get together once everyweek but we hold back the tears when we hug goodbye. It's hard to be a family splitup and that's why what I want for Mother's Day is a job. Happy Mother's Day to all.:flower3:

Shannon

Gosh your post touched my heart. You sound like an amazing woman and mother. Keep up the good fight and God bless you and your son.
:hug:

Gosh your post touched my heart. You sound like an amazing woman and mother. Keep up the good fight and God bless you and your son.
:hug:

Thank you so very much for your kind words and support. I truly have the best son in the world and I am very proud of the man that he has become and goes out into the world everyday. :thumbsup2

God bless you and Have a Wonderful Mothers Day!:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter