What would you do?

markey

DIS Veteran
We will be arriving on a 10:15 am flight in August. Staying at HRH for 4 nights with a three day pass, but will be leaving Sat. morning for a 7 day cruise. I first thought I wanted down time on Tuesday, and just swim and then do the parks on Wed, Thurs, and Fri. But now I wonder if we should go to the parks when we arrive and go to a water park, have a flex ticket from last year, on one of the other days. Do you think it would be wasting park time to only arrive at lunchtime? I'm really confused, I keep changing my mind every day! Maybe if I had some idea of the park hours, 8/14 to 8/18. Never been to Universal/IOA in Florida, this is a first for a devoted WDW fan, this board and the literature I picked up at the airport last year helped to make the decision. Also 2 kids 6 and 7. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. My husband says I am driving him crazy, worst then a kid! Thanks

I'm pretty sure last year's FlexTicket won't do you any good. They run for consecutive days only.

Other than that, my advice is to make maximum use of your FOTL privileges at the parks. I think you'll find it a big improvement over WDW's FastPass.

Call 407-363-8000 for park hours. Should be open 'til 9 or 10.

we did the hrh 2 weeks ago, arrived sat at 1005, got to the hotel at at noon and in the parks at 1230. park closed sat 700 but still had a great day. fotl is great, you can relax and still hit all the rides you want. went back to the hrh and swam, nice pool for kids, mine are 5 and 7, they loved the pool cause it is shallow and they loved the slide, you can wait for them at the bottom and catch them and they can wear life jackets to go down the slide. we spent 3 nights at the BC where they would not let me catch thekids at the bottom of the slide and would not let them wear life jacket down the slide, BC bummer! :mad: :mad: any way, three days is plenty to catch everything in ioa and universal with fotl, and the pool and hotel was great. as they say, you can check out but you can never leave

you could also go over to city walk for lunch and look around then head to the hotel and swim and grab dinner there then head to bed early. ##days with FOTL is plenty to do US/IOA. you could really do the parks in 2 days then head to a water park or sea world for the 3rd (or even Downtown Disney)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter