What would you do?

corkevem

Mouseketeer
Going to the park October 29-Nov. 2 for our honeymoon. Looking for advice. We aren't doing a Halloween party, so which park would you go to on the 31st? Should we start out in California Adventure and stay until early afternoon, then switch to Disneyland? Or just stay in Disneyland for the whole day? Crowd wise which plan works best?

We are going to be there during the same time frame. We also don't have OBB tickets for the 31st. We are planning on starting in DCA and staying til about 2pm. After that we are going back to our hotel for a break. Depending on how maxpass times are, I'll be stacking them for the evening in DL. We have dinner planned in DtD and afterwards we'll head to DL for the night via the monorail.

So long story short, I'd do DCA to start that day, and if you'll have maxpass (highly recommended) stack them for the evening at DL.

Just a heads up: if you won't be doing the OBB because tickets were sold out, Disney released a new block of tickets on the phone lines only (not online). Call the ticket line to see if any tickets are still available for the party on the 31st. People have reported getting tickets to the sold out parties since the new block of tickets were released. Also, if you will be staying on site, a certain number of tickets have been available to registered guests at each of the on site hotels on the morning of each party.

I would probably stay in DL all day, thinking that many other people will do the "DCA until they kick us out" plan.

I was in DCA much of the day last Thursday which was a party night. Crowds were very reasonable. Party attendees started pouring in between 3 and 4.

Thank you all for giving me things to think about. Hubby doesn't want to do the party, If anyone else who went on a party day and went to Disneyland during the day wants to report how the crowds were there i'd love to hear the feedback.

If you have a FP for RSR with a return time between 5:30-6 pm on a party night, be prompt with that return time and allow extra time to get through the FP line. We had a 5:55 pm return time, scanned in a few minutes early, and the line was back to the overpass. The FP line did move, but more slowly than usual. And we saw one family have to leave the line with crying kids because the kids needed to use the restroom and there was no way they'd make it all the way through the line and the ride, too, and they wouldn't be able to make it to the restrooms and back to the ride before the park closed for the party. So take care of those needs beforehand, if possible, too. When we exited the ride, several security CMs were posted at the ride entrance to bar a large crowd from trying to enter without wristbands.

Everything I have gleaned is from these boards. (I have been twice before but that was quite some time ago). We will be there same days 29 Oct - 2 Nov (5 park days) at the GCH. If you have EMM remember these are, DL 29, 31, 2 and DCA 30, 1st so you’ll want to make the most of these. For example, we have Storytellers booked for 10am on the 30th but will go to DCA at 7am till we cross over to Storytellers which will be quick and easy.

From what I can see, the crowds are expected to be light during that period especially the first few days.

We are doing OBB on the 29th but will do DL early till late lunch and then rest until OBB. The plan at this stage is to rest each afternoon (go from 7 - 12 or 1 each day, go back to hotel for 3 or 4 hrs, then back to the park).

We plan to use MP (recommended by most from my reading of these boards) because it will be more convenient (instead of crossing between parks) and the next pass can be obtained 30mins sooner. From last time, the FP were great, make sure you use either them or the MP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter