What would you do?

Lampoon2012

Earning My Ears
Hi all!
We are planning a family trip in November-the week leading into Thanksgiving. MVMCP has MK closing at 6p most of the weekdays we are there. We have a Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday that have no party. We arrive on Tuesday and last day is Monday. Right now, I am thinking we will leave check-in day open and see how we feel. Would it be better to do MK on Wednesday or over the weekend? What would you suggest for the weekend? My favorite parks are AK and HS. My daughter will be celebrating her 13th bday on Saturday. We have never traveled to Disney during this time of year. So we are unsure what to expect. We are usually April people....before spring break week.

What time do you arrive on your check in day? Flying or driving?. It's been my experience that MK is more easily navigated on a weekday than a weekend. In general November is a very nice time of the year to visit.

If you can to MK early enough on Wednesday to justify burning a full-day ticket I'd def do that. If you have park hoppers I'd finish up any MK things you missed on Sunday morning.

HS has really upped their game on the Christmas decorations. I would definitely recommend spending Saturday there if your daughter is up for it. I'm a big fan of dessert parties, which could be special for a teen's birthday! AK would be my other choice for Saturday.

I would do MK on Wednesday. We arrived that same week last year and it was very pleasant.

What time do you arrive on your check in day? Flying or driving?. It's been my experience that MK is more easily navigated on a weekday than a weekend. In general November is a very nice time of the year to visit.

We have not booked our flights yet, but we plan on booking the first flight out so we would arrive at MCO at 9am. We figure we'll be to the resort by about noon-ish since we will be using DME.

If you can to MK early enough on Wednesday to justify burning a full-day ticket I'd def do that. If you have park hoppers I'd finish up any MK things you missed on Sunday morning.

We do have hopper passes.

HS has really upped their game on the Christmas decorations. I would definitely recommend spending Saturday there if your daughter is up for it. I'm a big fan of dessert parties, which could be special for a teen's birthday! AK would be my other choice for Saturday.

I would do MK on Wednesday. We arrived that same week last year and it was very pleasant.

We do really enjoy HS and I was hoping we'd be able to spend a full day and not get "bored". As much as we love that park, we always finished it early. I can't wait to see the Toy Story renovations! What kind of dessert party is there in HS? We are thinking of doing a rope drop-ish breakfast at H&V for the characters with the little and we were trying to figure out a fun dinner/dessert.

We do really enjoy HS and I was hoping we'd be able to spend a full day and not get "bored". As much as we love that park, we always finished it early. I can't wait to see the Toy Story renovations! What kind of dessert party is there in HS? We are thinking of doing a rope drop-ish breakfast at H&V for the characters with the little and we were trying to figure out a fun dinner/dessert.

We did the Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam party last year on Friday, November 17. It was really fun and I definitely recommend it. The viewing area is a bit close for the fireworks, so make sure to go as far back as you can if you do it. :)

Hi all!
We are planning a family trip in November-the week leading into Thanksgiving. MVMCP has MK closing at 6p most of the weekdays we are there. We have a Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday that have no party. We arrive on Tuesday and last day is Monday. Right now, I am thinking we will leave check-in day open and see how we feel. Would it be better to do MK on Wednesday or over the weekend? What would you suggest for the weekend? My favorite parks are AK and HS. My daughter will be celebrating her 13th bday on Saturday. We have never traveled to Disney during this time of year. So we are unsure what to expect. We are usually April people....before spring break week.

You will want to plan at least one day at MK on a day MK DOES have the party. Crowds are low and lines are short on those days. Leave around 2 or 3 to hop to another park for the evening. If you need more than one day at MK, I'd do two of these.

As for the best day to do MK so you can see HEA, since you have hoppers, I wouldn't be there at all during a non-party day and just hop to MK for the evening. Either plan a dessert party or get there an hour or more before HEA and set up camp where you want to watch. There are no parties Thanksgiving week, sopeople coming in on the weekend for that week have all week to see it, whereas people there your week, ONLY have that Wed. I'd plan to hop to MK on Sun evening for HEA.

Thanks. I think we will plan to do the bulk of MK the day of a party night and then hopefully catch HEA one of the other evenings. As for Saturday, I have us scheduled for HS. I hope this won't be too crowded. She wants to do Fantasmic that night, so we'll go in for a late breakfast and spend the day.

Is it just me, or is it super frustrating to plan your meals for a week when they don't have their hours listed for more than 180 days out? Ugh, I'm having such a hard time making my touring and meal plans. I don't want to wait too long since I know over the next couple days I'll miss out on everything with Thanksgiving vacationers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter