• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What would you do?

Mom2OakandEm

Mouseketeer
We are going to DL on May 22 & 23. We do have park hopper. Originally I was going to focus on DCA on the 22nd and then DL on the 23, but the 23 is grad night.

I heard the gards will usually hit DL in the morning/day since their party is that night at DCA so should I switch my plans and focus on DL the 22nd and DCA during the day on the 23?

Truthfully, I don't know that it's going to make a big difference which park you go to on which day. You may see more high school seniors on Monday in DL as a function of Grad Night, but Sundays tend to be very busy in DL also because it's a weekend day. I've been in the parks on Grad Nights and while I did notice more high school groups than the preceding or following day, it didn't really seem to make that much of a difference overall. Some of the groups were well-behaved, others not so much, but it was not that dissimilar to any other time in the parks (you'll see well-behaved groups and not-so-well-behaved groups and age doesn't always make any difference).

The grad do have park hopper tickets and we noticed them starting around lunch time. There didn't seem to be that many of them there at opening, so the first few hours of the day didn't really seem all impacted by grad night attendees.

Truthfully, I don't know that it's going to make a big difference which park you go to on which day. You may see more high school seniors on Monday in DL as a function of Grad Night, but Sundays tend to be very busy in DL also because it's a weekend day. I've been in the parks on Grad Nights and while I did notice more high school groups than the preceding or following day, it didn't really seem to make that much of a difference overall. Some of the groups were well-behaved, others not so much, but it was not that dissimilar to any other time in the parks (you'll see well-behaved groups and not-so-well-behaved groups and age doesn't always make any difference).

The grad do have park hopper tickets and we noticed them starting around lunch time. There didn't seem to be that many of them there at opening, so the first few hours of the day didn't really seem all impacted by grad night attendees.

Thanks for the insight - Sounds like my best bet is to just be there at opening get all the big not to be missed rides/attractions in and then consider anything we get done in the busier times a bonus :-)

I asked this same question about the same dates last week and decided to keep my plans the same- DL on the 22nd and DCA on the 23rd. My decision was based on the fact that we won't have any Magic Morning on our tickets so we want to avoid the park with MM. We want to enter DCA with everyone else and have a chance at RSR fast passes. We have 3 people in our group that have never ridden RSR and need to get to ride it. We also won't have hoppers so we get one day in each park and that's it. Not sure if this is the right decision for crowds but we'll just have to deal with it. Good luck to you!

I asked this same question about the same dates last week and decided to keep my plans the same- DL on the 22nd and DCA on the 23rd. My decision was based on the fact that we won't have any Magic Morning on our tickets so we want to avoid the park with MM. We want to enter DCA with everyone else and have a chance at RSR fast passes. We have 3 people in our group that have never ridden RSR and need to get to ride it. We also won't have hoppers so we get one day in each park and that's it. Not sure if this is the right decision for crowds but we'll just have to deal with it. Good luck to you!

Thanks and good luck to you too :)

They don't open fast pass for any ride until the park is open to all guests, so you should still be able to get FP for RSR even on an early entry day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter