What would you do?

cruisindisney2007

Earning My Ears
currently booked on Disney Fantasy December 27th with a one night stay at the Contemporary on the 26th; been thinking of switching to August 16th sailing and then three nights at the contemporary including park tickets and meals - have to say this is for a group of 11......can't decide what to do....

I would want to take the option with more days at WDW. That having been said, you do have to consider the cost of one option vs the other. It is tough to plan a trip for such a large group so you may have to go with what the majority would like to do. Going in August means more days to have fun at WDW plus warmer weather. Going in December means holiday decorations and festivities. What are your family's priorities for this trip? As you know, one cannot do EVERYTHING on these trips so you should pick the option that you feel would be most fun (and cost effective) for all.

I am leaning towards that one myself however I have always wanted to be away for the holidays especially New Years Eve and everyone was excited when i told them (my husband and I are paying for everyone); however after pricing the august cruise and disney world it actually comes out cheaper for a longer vacation.......big discussion with the hubby this weekend i guess; the kids are good either way; they get a vacation lol......

Weather and crowds are a huge factor to me! Cruise length the same? I've been to wdw tons so the cruise would be more important.

currently booked on Disney Fantasy December 27th with a one night stay at the Contemporary on the 26th; been thinking of switching to August 16th sailing and then three nights at the contemporary including park tickets and meals - have to say this is for a group of 11......can't decide what to do....

I like the parks, so extra days there is nice. However, have you looked into renting a vacation home? for that many people you would save a lot of money and have a lot more space to spread out in. Most come with private pools, hot tubs, game rooms etc.

I would not even attempt a park in December; it would be Downtown Disney time and dinner; I have stayed at condos before in Disney off site and they were nice but we all like the freedom of staying onsite; everyone can come and go as they please especially my 17 year old.....thanks to all; have a lot of thinking to do this weekend.....

I would not even attempt a park in December; it would be Downtown Disney time and dinner; I have stayed at condos before in Disney off site and they were nice but we all like the freedom of staying onsite; everyone can come and go as they please especially my 17 year old.....thanks to all; have a lot of thinking to do this weekend.....

interesting that you consider it freedom staying on the Disney property, we have just the opposite opinion and feel it's freedom to stay offsite. By staying offsite we feel less trapped by the cult of Disney and free to come and go from it as we please. We also are free to experience all the other things that are available in the Orlando area and even take off on day trips to one coast or the other.

Sounds odd I know but we love the Disney feel of everything so we don't want to venture off site and I don't worry about my 17 year old who knows the monorail and bus system extremely well when she ventures out into the parks with friends. I think I would worry more about her if she was driving there and I like the feeling of coming and going with someone else driving if that makes sense.

I am leaning towards that one myself however I have always wanted to be away for the holidays especially New Years Eve and everyone was excited when i told them (my husband and I are paying for everyone); however after pricing the august cruise and disney world it actually comes out cheaper for a longer vacation.......big discussion with the hubby this weekend i guess; the kids are good either way; they get a vacation lol......

I was at WDW for one NYE (I am sure Christmas would be the same) and I swore I would NEVER do it again. The crowds were scary big with tons of long waits for everything. I have never, ever seen so many people at a Disney park as NYE and the day after. People could not even push strollers. I would possibly stay at WDW then if I just stayed at the resort and not in a park.

I have always wanted to be on the ship for either Christmas or NYE....one year will get around to do this.

MJ

I have read it is crazy crazy in the parks around the holidays; that's why if we flew down in December I specifically said I would not pay for park tickets; if anyone wanted to attempt to get in they can pay their own way and good luck; we wouldn't be able to get to parks until noon or after anyway.......i love extra magic hours but not paying 90 dollars plus for three hours for a park. I believe we have decided August is a much better option for us; leaving August 16th for a seven day on the Fantasy and then four days after at Disney World........i realize how lucky we are; some people save for years to be able to go to Disney World and/or Disney cruise; I always tell my kids that.....thanks all for your input....it really helped....

We are on the 8/16 Fantasy sailing and the price has double in most categories since opening day. All but the veranda rooms are sold out at this point. Although the 35 % room discount after the cruise is enticing.

I would do whichever gives you the better price for the vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter