What would you do?

jesusluvsu2005

Mouseketeer
We're going to Orlando the last of June to attend a conference. We found out we could get a partial day ticket (we would go to MK) for a discount. It would include park admission starting at 2pm and we could stay on site that night to get EMH which go till 1am the night we'd go. We had thought about doing Ohana as our splurge but we could do these partial day tickets for around $140 more. My question is do you think we could get our money's worth from 2pm-1am in MK? We've never been that late in the summer either so I'm worried about it being too hot as well. So, what would you do?
Amanda

2pm to park close was our normal touring plan for doing WDW when we went in June or July:rotfl:use a FP for Splash Mountain and Space Mountain, Buzz, and Thunder Railroad during the afternoon. While you wait for your FP time, take in Country Bears, Small World, Tiki Birds, Hall of Presidents, and Philharmagic which are all sit down shows running continuously. Yes it will be very hot, but even portions of the lines are in AC. It would be a quick monorail ride to the Poly for Ohana's ADR around say 7pm to break up the park time or try the new BOG in Fantasyland for an in park dinner break. After the evening parade/fireworks, there will be one exodus of people from the park--that's a fun time and we had no problem getting into any and all we wanted. You'll be tired and ready for a nice shower by park close, but WHAT A DAYpixiedust:

I was staying on WDW property for a conference a few months ago and it KILLED ME not to go to a park. But I had a wonderful time exploring the hotel properties. I went to the Boardwalk, rode the ferry to the back entrance of Epcot and had a picnic and visited the other nearby hotels.

I would vote for a relaxing dinner at O'hana. You could watch the fireworks from the beach- sounds like fun to me!

I would go, have a great time, and not worry about "getting my money's worth." If you enjoy it, then it's worth it.

go for it! I have heard the last few hours of EMH are a great opportunity to go on lots of rides.

Late EMH at MK is one of our favorite things to do! Go for it.

We're going to Orlando the last of June to attend a conference. We found out we could get a partial day ticket (we would go to MK) for a discount. It would include park admission starting at 2pm and we could stay on site that night to get EMH which go till 1am the night we'd go. We had thought about doing Ohana as our splurge but we could do these partial day tickets for around $140 more. My question is do you think we could get our money's worth from 2pm-1am in MK? We've never been that late in the summer either so I'm worried about it being too hot as well. So, what would you do?
Amanda

Yup.

We went down last year bc my DH had a conference in Orlando. We decided to go down a early and stay at Pop because the price was the same as his hotel was going to cost for the same night. We decided to spend the extra money so we could have some family time in the parks. DH wouldn't be able to go to the parks until the evenings bc of his conference. It was the best day of our trip. I would totally do MK for those hours. :thumbsup2

Thanks everyone! I think we're just going to go for it. Already made the ressie at POR and just need to buy the tickets now. We'll skip 'ohana (can't do both, too much $$) and eat at Columbia Harbor House instead. We LOVED it and it's much cheaper. Thanks again! Just hope the heat is bearable! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter