What Would YOU Do?

princess.april120

The journey from Pooh to a princess
I have a dilemma, and as I need some help, thought I would put it out to you pros here on the boards.

I have two reservations booked (some of our family deciding not to go last minute) for a 8night stay the last week of February. Both are room only reservations, so I can still get my deposit refund on the unused reservation. What would you choose?

1. 8 nights at the Polynesian garden view room, for the price of Port Orleans Riverside with a 40% annual pass discount, (so somewhere @ $140/night). We were upgraded because of the delay of the completion of the new Royal themed rooms.

2. 8 nights 1 bedroom villa at Bay Lake Towers, Magic Kingdom view, no discount.

3. Spit stay, 4 nights at the Poly, then 4 nights at BLT .

Our trip now only includes myself, my husband and my 4 year old son. It is his first trip to WDW. My husband & I made our last WDW trip 15 years ago, and neither of us has ever stayed on property.

I love the idea of being able to walk to the MK ( where I anticipate we will be spending most of our time) having a washer/dryer in the room (as not to pack as many clothes), and having the option to eat our food "at home" rather than "eating out" for an entire week.

And yet, I know we have been blessed with pixie dust to get such a discount at the Poly. We will never stay there at a better rate, and I know they have a laundry room available. My son is excited about spending at least one evening in the Neverland Club, and the monorail location can't be beat. I am saddened that the volcano slide will be closed @ the Poly during our stay.

So, will we miss the villa at BLT enough to justify the cost, or perhaps will we love the Poly so much, we will regret even doing a spit stay?

Any thoughts or suggestions are most appreciated. Thanks!

I would say go for the Poly deal (by the by, I am a POR girl and I am so sad about the RR's; pixie dust coming your way).

You can always rent points at a pretty good rate, and get BLT at a later date.

You can always do a split stay to save money. I would wait until DS is a bit older, and it won't be such a hassle changing mid-way through your week to another resort

I don't think you will ever be able to do the Poly on the deal you are getting due to the issues at POR.

Go for it!

I would also snatch up that great deal for a garden view room at the Poly. Catching either the monorail, resort boat or ferry (from the adjacent TCC) to the MK is so easy from the Poly. You might consider placing an order with Garden Grocer for delivery to your room in order to eat breakfasts and have snacks there so that you do not have to "eat out" all the time. That's what we did when we took our two granddaughter's in May 2009. You'd have to be happy with cold or room temperature foods for this plan to help. For instance, we had cereal, milk, juice, yogurt, some fresh fruits & bottled water.

I'd go for the Poly deal this trip for sure!!!! Have fun!

I agree with everyone else that I would go with the Poly. You can't beat that rate and you can always rent points in the future for a stay at BLT, as Missytara said. The Poly is an awesome resort and I don't think you'll regret it.

I'm a split stay lover and I LOVE both the Poly and BLT, so I'd go with option 3:thumbsup2 The only down side to split stays is chk/in chk/out day. We use that day to sleep in - which we need by day 5 - then we drive over to the new resort if we have a car and chk in. If the room is ready we get settled and do whatever for the rest of the day/evening. If the room is not ready, we check our bags with Bell services and either head to the pool or to a park. It would be easy to move from Poly to BLT even without a car - just take your bags with you on the resort monorail - check in for BLT is at the CR front desk, just a quick elevator ride down from the monorail stop.
You could still pack lighter because you will have the washer/dryer after day 5 - your DS could enjoy the Neverland Club sometime during the first 4 four days - and enjoy the great slide at BLT for the rest of the trip. There is also a Community Center at BLT for the kids - my DGrD loves it there.
Either way, you can't go wrong - both BLT and Poly are wonderful resorts:thumbsup2 Have fun deciding.
Another thought - though Poly rooms are very roomy - at BLT your son can sleep on the pull out sofa and you and DH will have a King bed in the bedroom (with a door that closes for some privacy). The one bedroom also has a jacuzzi tub (which I love to use by the end of the trip - eases my achy feet and legs).
But really - that IS an AMAZING rate for the Poly!!!- Congrats on that!

I would say go for the Poly deal (by the by, I am a POR girl and I am so sad about the RR's; pixie dust coming your way).

You can always rent points at a pretty good rate, and get BLT at a later date.

You can always do a split stay to save money. I would wait until DS is a bit older, and it won't be such a hassle changing mid-way through your week to another resort

I don't think you will ever be able to do the Poly on the deal you are getting due to the issues at POR.

Go for it!

My first thought was to do the split stay, as I love BLT, but on second thought, I agree with this post 100%. I priced a Garden View room at the Polynesian on New Year's Day, which I know is expensive, but it was over $800 per night before tax! Go for the Polynesian, even with the Volcano slide closed. :)

I would go with the Poly for this trip! You will most likely never get as good of a deal as you are going to get this trip for the Poly. I would jump on it! You can always stay at BLT next trip! :) While the volcano slide is closed, you always have the beach at the Poly! I really hope that you enjoy your trip!!!! Have a magical one! :wizard:

The entire stay at the Poly, not only do I LOVE the resort but I do not like to switch resorts during our stay

We have stayed at Poly 4x and BLT 1x. Both are amazing, but I'd go with Poly all the way with that awesome discount. I wouldn't split stay either, just to make your little guy's first trip a little easier. Take advantage of that discount and stay at Poly the whole time. :)

If I were you, I would not give up such a huge discount on the Poly. That's a lot of extra money. It would probably almost make up for eating out more and paying for a load or two of laundry. Plus, you'll still have a fridge, where you can keep supplies for sandwiches, cereal, etc. Do you really want to come back to the room every day after the parks and cook a meal?

Whatever you do, enjoy!

Like everyone else, I would stay at the Poly the whole time! That's a fantastic deal.

I have a dilemma, and as I need some help, thought I would put it out to you pros here on the boards.

I have two reservations booked (some of our family deciding not to go last minute) for a 8night stay the last week of February. Both are room only reservations, so I can still get my deposit refund on the unused reservation. What would you choose?

1. 8 nights at the Polynesian garden view room, for the price of Port Orleans Riverside with a 40% annual pass discount, (so somewhere @ $140/night). We were upgraded because of the delay of the completion of the new Royal themed rooms.

2. 8 nights 1 bedroom villa at Bay Lake Towers, Magic Kingdom view, no discount.

3. Spit stay, 4 nights at the Poly, then 4 nights at BLT .

Our trip now only includes myself, my husband and my 4 year old son. It is his first trip to WDW. My husband & I made our last WDW trip 15 years ago, and neither of us has ever stayed on property.

I love the idea of being able to walk to the MK ( where I anticipate we will be spending most of our time) having a washer/dryer in the room (as not to pack as many clothes), and having the option to eat our food "at home" rather than "eating out" for an entire week.

And yet, I know we have been blessed with pixie dust to get such a discount at the Poly. We will never stay there at a better rate, and I know they have a laundry room available. My son is excited about spending at least one evening in the Neverland Club, and the monorail location can't be beat. I am saddened that the volcano slide will be closed @ the Poly during our stay.

So, will we miss the villa at BLT enough to justify the cost, or perhaps will we love the Poly so much, we will regret even doing a spit stay?

Any thoughts or suggestions are most appreciated. Thanks!

Without a doubt I'd stay at Poly and thank my lucky stars for such a great upgrade!

Normally I would say BLT, because of the location, but you really can't beat that Poly rate, plus you said you aren't getting a discount at BLT. If you are concerned about ease of getting to and from MK, don't forget that you can always take the ferry or express monorail to the TTC and walk to Poly. Depending on your room location, sometimes this is much easier than going to GCH and catching the resort monorail. You can also walk to TTC to catch the Epcot monorail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter