What would you do?

pointgirl12

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone! First time poster here....

My best friend and I are planning a trip to the World in Sept...booking a grand gathering...4 people in my family, 6 in hers, and her parents will stay at the campgrounds. We originally thought we would stay at CSR but my friend has a military discount and there was no more availability at CSR...so the CM suggested AKL...which was totally fine with us...so she booked it for us there. I called back another time to check on something, and out of curiousity asked if we would be ok at check in since the military member was not staying with us at the hotel...but he is a part of our grand gathering. The CM said it would be fine but he had to be there at check in.

So I call to make a payment and the CM says that he could not keep my friend's reservation as a military ressie since noone in her room was military...(My room is booked with a 40% discount pin). The CM then said he would drop the existing ressie and rebook with my discount for now until I could switch people in my friend's room...he was the military member in there (he was supposed to be in the campground)...he said he would hold the ressie with the 40% rate but when we called back tomorrow, there is plenty of availability at the military rate at that hotel and we would rebook with the military person's info today.

When I called back, the rude CM told me that we would not be able to book the room because the military person wasn't with us...I told her what the last guy said and she informed us that there were no rooms with the military discount at AKL anymore....but we still have the room booked with the 40% off but it will be $400 more expensive this way.

I feel like I should talk to a manager because I'm feeling like I have to jump through hoops to solidify this ressie. All we want is our 2 rooms...at the price we thought we were signed up for...

What would you do????? Thanks in advance!

How confusing for you. This is one of those times you would have wanted to take down the name of the CM who helped you and said you could get the Military price.
It does make sense to me that the military person has to stay in the room for the discount.
My girlfriends husband works for the govt, but unless he is in the room, she can't claim that discount. I know because we are planning a girls road trip, and she can't get his discount if he's not there!

It's true that some CMs are more knowledgeable then others, so it is possible to get mis-information.

But 40% is a great pin! I would take that. AKL is a great resort. Enjoy your vacay.

The Military Discount is 40% off and the Pin is 40% off. I don't see how the rate could be $400 higher.

Just a few things.....a Military person can book up to 3 reservations with their discount and must be there at check in AND must be staying at the same hotel. A person with a Pin Code can book up to 3 reservations as well and they all must be staying at the same hotel.

I totally agree about the misinformed CMs...I know I should have paid more attention...I just figured they knew what they were doing! :)

The reason it is so much cheaper is that my friend would be able to book room only at 40% off, pay for the dining plan without having to buy tickets because of the military code and then purchase 4 tickets for her family for $99/ticket...that's where the savings come in...So if she is buying the regular 40% package, the price is higher because of the tickets, thats all...I really want to help her get the best deal possible so she can afford to go, that's all!

Thanks so much for your replies!!!!!

This is one of those times you would have wanted to take down the name of the CM who helped you and said you could get the Military price.
Military person can book up to 3 reservations with their discount and must be there at check in AND must be staying at the same hotel

Originally Posted by pointgirl12
We originally thought we would stay at CSR but my friend has a military discount

The friend has a military discount because of being a spouse? Or, what is the friend's relationship to the military member?

Hi Everyone! First time poster here....

My best friend and I are planning a trip to the World in Sept...booking a grand gathering...4 people in my family, 6 in hers, and her parents will stay at the campgrounds. We originally thought we would stay at CSR but my friend has a military discount and there was no more availability at CSR...so the CM suggested AKL...which was totally fine with us...so she booked it for us there. I called back another time to check on something, and out of curiousity asked if we would be ok at check in since the military member was not staying with us at the hotel...but he is a part of our grand gathering. The CM said it would be fine but he had to be there at check in.

So I call to make a payment and the CM says that he could not keep my friend's reservation as a military ressie since noone in her room was military...(My room is booked with a 40% discount pin). The CM then said he would drop the existing ressie and rebook with my discount for now until I could switch people in my friend's room...he was the military member in there (he was supposed to be in the campground)...he said he would hold the ressie with the 40% rate but when we called back tomorrow, there is plenty of availability at the military rate at that hotel and we would rebook with the military person's info today.

When I called back, the rude CM told me that we would not be able to book the room because the military person wasn't with us...I told her what the last guy said and she informed us that there were no rooms with the military discount at AKL anymore....but we still have the room booked with the 40% off but it will be $400 more expensive this way.

I feel like I should talk to a manager because I'm feeling like I have to jump through hoops to solidify this ressie. All we want is our 2 rooms...at the price we thought we were signed up for...

What would you do????? Thanks in advance!

This one is hard to follow, Is the military member the one who made the reservations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter