• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What would you do?

If you could do/have one of the following, what would you choose?

• Get annual all expenses paid trip for your family for 2 weeks to WDW/Disneyland?

• Receive $200,000 dollars cash?

• Be a cast member, get free access for yourself and immediate family?

• Live your life as you do today, visiting Disney whenever you can afford and/or are able to go?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pignanny

Earning My Ears

1. Get annual all expenses paid trip for your family for 2 weeks to WDW/Disneyland?
2. Receive $200,000 dollars cash?
3. Be a cast member, get free access for yourself and immediate family?
4. Live your life as you do today, visiting Disney whenever you can afford and/or are able to go?

I'd defintely take the money. I'd help the family with some financial issues, pay for my GRE's and apply to graduate schools. After grad school I could get a great career and afford to travel often.

I'd also pay off my student loans and help my sister through college.

I think even if I were in a fantastic financial situation I'd still take the money to spend on two week vacations all over the world.

Gimme the money, baby! I LOVE Disney but there really are more important things in life. ie. Helping the less fortunate, college for my kids, financial stability.

1. Get annual all expenses paid trip for your family for 2 weeks to WDW/Disneyland?
2. Receive $200,000 dollars cash?
3. Be a cast member, get free access for yourself and immediate family?
4. Live your life as you do today, visiting Disney whenever you can afford and/or are able to go?

I am choosing 2. When do you plan on delivery the cash? If are you not going to be in Central Florida anytime soon I would settle for a check. :laughing:

Jason

I am choosing 2. When do you plan on delivery the cash? If are you not going to be in Central Florida anytime soon I would settle for a check. :laughing:

Jason

Ah the beauty of polls. If only they were real....that said, in the spirit of good form I'll send you a check.

It's gonna bounce higher than a kite though.

I'd prefer the cash. That way I could enjoy a nice trip to WDW, plus be able to pay off the remaining balance on our land up north, and put a small log cabin on it as well. The best of both worlds. :)

:confused3What an odd poll

Who in the heck would choose being a minimum wage Castmember over $200K??????;)

I'd take the money and invest it in something that actually pays a return.

This is an odd poll. The choices are not equal. I would take the money and then live my life as I do now.

:confused3 I know. Who would choose a two-week paid vacation to Disney in favor of $200,000 where you could buy your own two-week paid vacation to Disney AND live your life the way you want to?

:confused3 I know. Who would choose a two-week paid vacation to Disney in favor of $200,000 where you could buy your own two-week paid vacation to Disney AND live your life the way you want to?

Ahh, but if you figure it as I did, it does make sense.

For my family of six, a 2 week vacation on property would easily cost $5,000 ~ multiply that by the number of years (40 is what I'm thinking, maybe more) I think I can still realistically go to WDW on a yearly basis (the poll said an ANNUAL WDW trip, not a one time trip) and it comes to the same $200,000.

It not only evens out but it guarantees me a wonderful trip each year.
Taking the money would have its own reward of course, but anything that came up over the years would subsequently come out of that money and there is no guarantee I'd make it back to WDW each year.

The practical choice? Maybe not.
The fun choice? Without a doubt! :thumbsup2

Ahh, but if you figure it as I did, it does make sense.

For my family of six, a 2 week vacation on property would easily cost $5,000 ~ multiply that by the number of years (40 is what I'm thinking, maybe more) I think I can still realistically go to WDW on a yearly basis (the poll said an ANNUAL WDW trip, not a one time trip) and it comes to the same $200,000.

It not only evens out but it guarantees me a wonderful trip each year.
Taking the money would have its own reward of course, but anything that came up over the years would subsequently come out of that money and there is no guarantee I'd make it back to WDW each year.

The practical choice? Maybe not.
The fun choice? Without a doubt! :thumbsup2
But I don't know that I'm going to want to be spending 2 weeks at Disney every year of my life until I die (I'm 45 now). I'm a different person now than I was 10 years ago, and I expect to be a different person 10 years from now than I am today. That annual WDW vacation could turn out to be more of a curse than a blessing.

I'd rather have the money and spend it the way I want to spend it.

But I don't know that I'm going to want to be spending 2 weeks at Disney every year of my life until I die (I'm 45 now). I'm a different person now than I was 10 years ago, and I expect to be a different person 10 years from now than I am today. That annual WDW vacation could turn out to be more of a curse than a blessing.

I'd rather have the money and spend it the way I want to spend it.

And of course, you're entitled to that choice and I totally see where you're coming from!

I was just answering your question in regard to WHO would choose the trip ~ that would be me. :rotfl:

I have no doubt that I will still wanting to be going to WDW every year as long as I am able. But then again, my feelings toward Disney haven't changed at all over the years ~ I have an inherent love of Disney.

I realize not everyone (even on the Dis ;)) feels that way.

And of course, you're entitled to that choice and I totally see where you're coming from!

I was just answering your question in regard to WHO would choose the trip ~ that would be me. :rotfl:

I have no doubt that I will still wanting to be going to WDW every year as long as I am able. But then again, my feelings toward Disney haven't changed at all over the years ~ I have an inherent love of Disney.

I realize not everyone (even on the Dis ;)) feels that way.

I used to feel as you do-when my kids were in the 8-12 age group. we'd go every year and loved it

When they were teens they refused to go-wanted a beach vacation-which we did-wonderful

Now that DH and I travel alone-we are really not happy with how crowded WDW has become(and how the restaurants are not the special dining places they once were) and do other vacations-seeing the wonderful real slendors of America.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter