• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Would You Do...

Renaek

Earning My Ears
I was hoping that you would be able to help me in my Disney Vacation issue...

Ok so here is the deal. I was lucky to get the coupon code 40% off. The only time that I was able to book was Nov 29th to Dec 6th.

That is at the AKL concierge with tickets and quick service dining. OR

Or Dec 7th to Dec 13th :I was able to get a corporate rate at Disney Beach Club waterview room no dining or tickets b/c of corporate discount. (room price is almost the same small amount more)

My question is what would you do...Also my bday is Dec 9th so if we do BC I would be able to get the gift card so that would cover the price difference. :)

I want to say THANK YOU in advance for all of your help...I know that you guys will help me....:dance3:

Ohh that's a tough one, I personally would go for AKL concierge. I enjoy BC but I am not over the moon for it! I don't think that you can go wrong with whatever you decide !

I would go BC to avoid post-Thanksgiving travel crowds on Nov 29, especially if there is any weather. I also think the BC location is better ...so close to Epcot and DHS for the wonderful Christmas decorations, dining and entertainment....not to mention the Boardwalk.

As pp mentioned, you really can't go wrong either way! Happy planning!

Thats tough! We have stayed both and really enjoyed both but I would prefer the location of the BC over the AKL.

We have not stayed at the AKL but we have stayed at the BC this past Dec 3 to the Dec 9. It was wonderful and really is my resort of choice. I love the location even with my 2 small children. We have a ressie for the Poly in Aug but I think I am calling to return to the BC. The BC was very clean and the atmosphere was so relaxing. We liked being able to walk to HS and well as right into the World in Epcot. The Boardwalk right there is an added bonus. Very much enjoy the BC. My bother who lives in FL and go to Disney ALOT stay at the BC. They have stayed at AKL and choose to go to the BC every time.

We did Beach Club and the kids LOVED it. I just wonder if the weather is going to be OK for the pool. I have also been told that the AKL pool is great. I know its not BC but I have never been...

Just trying to determine if I want to have concierge AKL or BC waterview...The timing is also a week apart. Uggg what to do what to do

Help Me......

If I am getting it right, the AKL with tickets and CS dining plan vs. the Beach Club with no tickets or dining plan for all about the same price! I would go with the AKL!

If I am getting it right, the AKL with tickets and CS dining plan vs. the Beach Club with no tickets or dining plan for all about the same price! I would go with the AKL!

No, sorry let me say it this way...

Nov 29 to Dec 5th we can stay ALK concierge, quick service dining and tickets (package)

OR

Dec 7th to Dec 13th we can stay BC waterview (no package have to buy tickets and meal) BUT the hotel is the same almost the same price per night as the AKL concierge per night.

So I am saying that I can get the AKL conciege and get the package or change my dates and get corporate discount at BC waterview room only.

The rate is the same almost per night for AKL concierge as the BC waterview.
That is my confussion. What to do...

Yes, if this is the case, go with AKL for sure! I think AKL would be my choice for a deluxe... where else in the world, besides the real Africa, can you find a hotel like that?? The BC looks great, and I definitely would like to stay there someday too, but I feel like AKL is more unique experience! Good luck with your decision-- and think about it this way... You're lucky that these are the resorts you're debating between! Have a great trip.

No, sorry let me say it this way...

Nov 29 to Dec 5th we can stay ALK concierge, quick service dining and tickets (package)

OR

Dec 7th to Dec 13th we can stay BC waterview (no package have to buy tickets and meal) BUT the hotel is the same almost the same price per night as the AKL concierge per night.

So I am saying that I can get the AKL conciege and get the package or change my dates and get corporate discount at BC waterview room only.

The rate is the same almost per night for AKL concierge as the BC waterview.
That is my confussion. What to do...

Oh ok! Well then... Umm, I think I'd probably still go with AKL.

I agree, AKL CL. I would choose any CL over non CL if it was similar in price anytime, regardless of resort. I hope you have a wonderful stay!

i love akl, and agree that it is just amazing, like no other hotel out there. and, to stay there concierge, for the same price as a regular room somewhere else, would be no contest for me, AKL hands-down. :thumbsup2

I would choose BC. The Epcot Resorts have location, location. location.
The ability to walk to the International Gateway at Epcot, as well as to DHS is great.
There are many restaurants to choose from between the YC/BC, Swan & Dolphin, the Boardwalk and the nearby International restaurants at WS.
SAB is the best pool on property.
The Boardwalk has free entertainment at night.
The AKL is isolated and off by itself. Although I think it is beautiful, the themeing is dark to me.
I love the BC and it would be my choice.
Have a Great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter