What would you do?

*LuckyMom*

Earning My Ears
We will be arriving in WDW on Feb 22. My DS is 2yo and drinks rice milk. I called WDW and they advised the only place on property to get rice milk is GF (guess it pays to stay deluxe, we are staying CBR). They also told me there is a drugstore nearby that delivers. Would you use the drugstore, ship it down, pack it in a checked bag, or use a grocery service? Ahh!!!! We will be there for 8 days, so I will need a good amount!

We had rice milk delivered, along with other groceries, from Garden Grocer. It is not listed on their site, but we listed it as an add on. Just be sure you are specific about what you want. We didn't have any trouble getting it.

We are having gardengrocer.com deliver to us at CBR during our May/June trip. I think it's much easier just to have them deliver once you arrive, rather than worrying about buying, packing, and carrying to the resort.

I wanted to add that if you made dining reservations please tell them of any allergies you have. We too only use Rice Milk and at every meal the chef came out to talk to us and they were wonderful. The kids even had Rice Cream for dessert! (Rice ice cream)

Thanks for all of the info. Do you know if I can have it delivered to bell services on the day of my arrival, or do we have to checked in and in our room?

You might want to ask GG what types of rice milk they stock. Some taste better/different than others. It would be a real bummer if you order a bunch of r.m. and your 2yo won't drink it. (Were it us, I would pack it)

If the ricemilk is the only grocery item you need, I would pack it (assuming she drinks the non-refridgerated kind). Plus, you'll have room for souvenirs on the way home!

If you need more groceries, I would get delivery. I used wegoshop in the past and had great service. If you pay with a credit card over the phone they will leave it at bell services for you.

We usually get cereal, milk, oj, bananas, yogurt, sodas, and a roll of paper towels delivered for the week.

Have fun!

We have the same problem. My ds9 only drinks soy milk and on our first trip we tried every type of soy milk in orlando and he didn't care for them (we are from Canada and he was used to a particular brand that you can't get in the US). Now I bring the individual tetra packs that don't need to refrigerated. It works out great.:thumbsup2 I say bring them along.

My DD (1) drinks Soy milk...my older dd did too until she was 3 or so and could tolerate cows milk. We always packed enough of the individual servings for the trip. I was nice not to worry whether they can get the brand she drinks...cause they do have a different taste.

My first instinct was to pack the rice milk in a checked bag, but was concerned they would be confiscated by airlines if I had to large a quantity of lliquid packed. Maybe I can try to pack a smal cchecked bag w/ only the milk in it.

When we traveled when DS was still allergic to both dairy and soy (he's outgrown both now, thankfully), we just skipped it for the week. Plenty of other stuff to eat and drink. He didn't seem to even notice.

We will be arriving in WDW on Feb 22. My DS is 2yo and drinks rice milk. I called WDW and they advised the only place on property to get rice milk is GF (guess it pays to stay deluxe, we are staying CBR). They also told me there is a drugstore nearby that delivers. Would you use the drugstore, ship it down, pack it in a checked bag, or use a grocery service? Ahh!!!! We will be there for 8 days, so I will need a good amount!

Why not take a trip tp GF and just get what you need for the visit? It is a lovely resort and you can "see" it and get what you need! Easy enough trip from MK (isn't it monorail or boat?) I am having brain freeze, sorry!
Good Luck!!

I personally would bring my own. My daughter only liked the ride dream and it had to be Enriched. Sometimes the enriched is not available, and thought that there is no point of making sure she got the rice milk if it didn't have the calcium she needed. If you'd rather not bring it, then I'd say to just check and make sure it's exactly the kind that you need.

I liked that we could get the individual juice box size containers because they were great for bringing to the parks, but I can't always find those in the enriched rice dream.

I have brought 2 weeks worth in my checked luggage without any problems with security. I put them in ziplock bags just incase they leak.:thumbsup2

Try Garden Grocer. I needed soy nut butter for my son, they asked me what brand I typically get. I told them, and that's what they got. They can deliver it the day of your check in, even if you haven't checked in. You can order refrigerated stuff even and the hotel will keep it cold for you. Just make sure you get both the cold and non-cold stuff when you pick it up! We only got the refrigerated stuff until we noticed a few hours later that we didn't have our cereal. :thumbsup2

I only drink sweet acidophilus milk, and I have never been able to find it in Florida, so I do without milk (and cereal) during Florida trips. Good luck to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter