What would you do.....

Pennyguy23

DIS Veteran
Ok for some reason we are having a hard time deciding. Should be take DCL transpertion or just take a towncar/Limo. Some of the fun starts when you get on the DCL bus and head out to port.(watch the little video) But we are staying at AKV and our bus doesn't leave until 12:30pm. I want to be at port by then. Should we just stay at the Hyatt and take the bus from the airport early in the morning. What times do they leave? Or should we just get a Town Car?

What would you do?

First question? How many are you?

If you are more than 2, I would ABSOLUTELY use a car service, or rent a car...

We prefer to go on OUR time schedule, and I am anal about getting to the port early. We used to go with a towncar, and I loved that. We are just a comfortable point now to rent a car. MUCH cheaper, and you can multi stop on the way..

Either way, I would not use DCL's buses, as much fun as they are, they just are very $$$$, and much too late for me.

There are 4 of us. I don't think I want to rent a car because then we have to drop it off and find our way there. I don't really know if its easy to rent or not I guess. We never really even thought of that as an option. $ not the problem I just don't want to get to port at 3:00 pm. You know?

How much is a towncar ride. I think I saw it for like 120$, Does that sound right?

Take a town car/limo. That's what we've done both times and it so very much cuts down on the stress of the trip. We're going to be on a boat with a lot of people all week, it's nice to have a car all to ourselves. Nice and quiet.

We took DCL transportation all 3 times and taking it again this cruise. The excitment starts as soon as DD and DS step on the bus. To them that's where the trip actually starts. We usually take the 10 or 10:30 bus and still end up waiting another hour or so to board the ship anyway, so bus schedule doesn't bother us a bit. Most importantly is we never have to worry about handling the luggages especially for the return trip. Once we collect our pieces from the port, you walk out to the airline check-in counters right outside of port. You check in and take they take your luggages, you board the bus and never see your luggages again until you get home. That was a major bonus for me. I love walking off the bus at the airport terminal not having to worry about lugging stuff and worry about check in lines. I'm sure everyone have their preferences, it's whatever's important to you that counts :)

Have fun.

Ok for some reason we are having a hard time deciding. Should be take DCL transpertion or just take a towncar/Limo. Some of the fun starts when you get on the DCL bus and head out to port.(watch the little video) But we are staying at AKV and our bus doesn't leave until 12:30pm. I want to be at port by then. Should we just stay at the Hyatt and take the bus from the airport early in the morning. What times do they leave? Or should we just get a Town Car?

What would you do?

We've done both and here are our preferences

We book a towncar (actually a van bacause we need 2 boosters) to go to the ship. We like the relaxed feeling of having the driver waiting for you when you're ready to go and being to leave whenever you decide to. We too didn't want the hassle of one parent returning the vehicle while the other lugged kids and luggage into the terminal. The fee was well worth it and provided a calm beginning to the vacation.

On the way back to MCO we do the DCL transportation. The kids like the bus ride and bacause there are so many busses upon disembarkation, it's really no faster or easier to travel to the airport any other way IMHO.

Hope that's helpful.

I would rent a car. Budget has an office in the Doubletree at Downtown Disney. They will pick you up and take you back there to complete the process. Since you will be returning the car in the morning you could rent it the afternoon before. That will give you lots of time to pack up and you can head out as early as you want to the next day. You can even make a stop for water/wine/beer/etc. on your way.

Once at the port just drop off your family and luggage and then return the car. You can hop the shuttle back to the terminal and you're all set! It's really very easy and should cost less than $50 for all of you!

What would you do?

Here's my 2 cents....

We decided to have ground transportation (we used Sunrise Florida) and I was very happy with the decision. I wanted to be at port right away at 10, so by using a service we got to schedule exactly when we wanted to leave. There were 5 of us, so it was less expensive. We did not stay at the Hyatt or a Disney property, so using the DCL bus going to the port would have been more difficult for us logistically anyway. I hate driving in unfamiliar areas, so having a driver made both legs of the trip much less stressful. I think we were all SO excited to go on the cruise (our first) we could not have been any more excited had we been on the DCL bus.

Whatever you do...have fun!

When does the ship leave port? I guess since we already have our room #'s and we will be on board for 15 nights. Whats a couple of hours right?

Here's my 2 cents....

We decided to have ground transportation (we used Sunrise Florida) and I was very happy with the decision.

Did you take a towncar or a bigger vehicle? I have booked them for our trip and now am wondering if the towncar will be big enough for DH, me, and my two daughters (one in a carseat and one in a booster.) Thanks!

I have also been wondering what to do about transportation to the port. :confused:

I have a couple questions for those that have used DCL transportation:- 1. Which resorts do they pick up from?
2. Do they collect your luggage or do you take it on the bus when you board?

I'd really like to spend my last few hours in WDW at a park - not in a hotel lobby.:headache:

TIA;)

:surfweb: Would love to hear more replies. Debating on renting a car for going and coming too. We have a 12:35 flight with SW going home and am little concerned we won't have enough time to pick up and drop off the car, drop our luggage and print our boarding passes in time for the flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter