What Would You Do With An Extra $800?

A true WDW fanatic needs to stay at least once at the Contemporary (IMHO.) I'd spend my last night there and stash the rest for my next trip.

How large is your pary and what are the ages of the people in your party?

Here are some ideas:

Adult Only
-- Dinner at Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge (signature dining I haven't tried yet, I'd love to do this with DH // think he'd love it // not worth it to go with picky kids, though, for me)
-- If you're a foodie and don't mind spending beaucoup bucks on a unique dining experience and don't mind dressing up a bit, I have heard rave reviews about Victoria and Alberts at the Grand Floridian (Disney's only five star resturant). It wouldn't be worth it to me, but I'm guessing DH would absolutely love this.
-- I'd like to try the Titanic dinner theatre experience on I-drive too (a retirement party for Captain Smith) // I've heard great reviews regarding both entertainment and food.

All in Party are Age 16+
-- I'd love to try the "Key to the Kingdom tour" (requires admission to the MK too). Must be 16+ to participate. We plan to go on our next trip (DS turns 16 at the end of August). Cost is somewhere around $60 pp plus you need MK admission. // This tour gets rave reviews, and I've always wanted to see the utilidors (staff area that MK is built above), and you do see them briefly on this one. The tour lasts about four hours, I believe, and includes lunch.

Excellent permanent shows in the Orlando area (picks for adults only and/or families with tweens/teens (I wouldn't be as inclined to do these with young children, but some families do)
-- La Nouba (Cirque de Soliel) at downtown Disney
-- Blue Man Group at Universal City Walk
These are excellent shows, and each is in a permanent/custom venue. These are bargain yet the same quality compared to similar shows in Las Vegas. If you have any interest in doing these and haven't been to a similar show before, Orlando is the best place to do these from a quality/economic stand point.

A unique dinner break / sit down table meal for an MK day (good for the whole family)
-- Ohana at the Polynesian hotel for dinner. Even kids like coming here (very family friendly, and I thought the food was excellent). Not truly a foodie place, but foodies would like it too I'm guessing. I think the food and atmosphere would appeal to most people. Price is $35 or so pp for anyone age 11+ // younger children are less. Visit the grounds and walk around a little after dinner too.

Family with little kids who like the Disney Characters
-- Do a character breakfast or dinner (I don't have recommendations because my son was never interested in this. When younger he was scared of the character. When no longer scared the character they really didn't interest him // only as a teen has he ever stood in line to meet any) My brother and his family did this once every trip when his children were younger, and they loved it.) // Ask specifically for recommendations in another post if this is of interest.

I would use part of it to buy a Disney Dooney & Bourke purse.

As someone else said, if you already have the dining plan you could use it to upgrade to the Deluxe Dining Plan depending on how many ppl there are in your party. $800 might not be enough to upgrade.

Or you can save that money and apply it towards a future Disney trip.

My husband enjoyed the parasailing and the sky diving experience where you aren't outside, but in a wind tunnel.

We love the Disney segway tours but this last Dec we did the private one in Kissimmee and it was fantastic. I would do at least two of the three on any trip I could.

I too would upgrade my meal plan and enjoy some fancy drinks with those meals.

I have heard nothing but great things about the Richard Petty driving experience so I would do that too.

What ever you do ....ENJOY!:banana:

Thanks for all these great ideas! I am looking into some of them.

Also, I did not know about the Titanic Dinner Experience. Wow! That is right up my alley. Need to go check that out now.

Thanks again, everyone

Upgrade to Deluxe dining plan or to club level at a resort. Or, use to to drink around the world...a few times! :cool1:

The Segway Tour around Epcot....this was just incredible

A day at the Spa

La Nouba (Cirque de Soliel) for sure. You could use the money to stay longer. More souvenirs? More expensive food choices? You can do so much with an extra $800. When you are at Disney, that can make for even more magical memories. Whatever you choose, I hope you enjoy every minute.

I'd do some behind-the-scenes tours, or perhaps stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge (which is normally out of my price range).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter