What would you do on a solo day

PK56

Long time listener, first time caller
If you had one full day before the rest of your family arrives, which restaurant(s) would you do?

Splurge on V&A!!
I did it on my solo trip last May.
I thought I might feel weird there by myself but I didn't.
The staff was so attentive and sweet and WOW was the food AH-MA-ZING!

It was so nice to savor each course at my own pace without worrying about anyone else.
It was a true joy.
:thumbsup2

Oh, and getting a table for 1 is not difficult.

I guess it would depend on how your food tastes compare to the rest of your family. If they are very different, then go to the restaurants that you know they won't enjoy.

For example, all of my family are foodies, so I know that we would be dining at mostly TS restaurants with a heavy sprinkling of signatures. And I know that I would probably do a solo day at Epcot. So I would probably be quite happy to just do CS that day.

However if I was going to be meeting up with my inlaws who have ridiculously restricted palates, I'd be getting my fill of some of the more 'different' options out there. Maybe Sanaa or Tokyo Dining (I know they'd never set foot in either of those places).

Depends. How's that for a great answer? :rotfl:

If there were things I loved that my family didn't so much, I'd probably target those. So for me, while not really a "meal", I'd relish a nice quiet hour or so sitting in La Cava del Tequila with a margarita and some guacamole.

Just a personal preference, but for a regular meal, I'd favor sitting at the bar somewhere. Flying Fish, Bluezoo and Jiko come to mind. FF has a great chef's counter meal that is more casual and fewer courses than V&A and really fun and interactive. Jiko also features great interaction with the chefs. The Territory Lounge at the Wilderness Lodge is another favorite - they have their own menu but believe you can also order off the Artist Pointe menu as well. I've also dined solo at Brown Derby in the studios and loved it.

Have fun!!

Splurge on V&A!!
I did it on my solo trip last May.
I thought I might feel weird there by myself but I didn't.
The staff was so attentive and sweet and WOW was the food AH-MA-ZING!

It was so nice to savor each course at my own pace without worrying about anyone else.
It was a true joy.
:thumbsup2

Oh, and getting a table for 1 is not difficult.

Hmmm! I am thinking this is a great idea since my fiance would never go to anyplace that would make you dress up. I would hit the parks early and go all day, do the parades and eat every single snack that I wanted to! Dole whip, caramel from EPCOT, maybe relax and take in some entertainment shows which we usually don't do, and take the time to do some pick a pearls from Japan. And shop more than I do now......I would probably go broke in one day!

I'd be in DTD at the Raglan Road Pub. Great meal and some great entertainment following. And there is all you can drink beer there. If you have enough money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter