What would you do about this??? (about my Disney Magic Crusie)

Reading what other people have written, could you have your mother and MIL cover the hours you are usually open? Then you don't have a gap in business.

No, she works full time for the town we all live in, and my mom can't do it all the time, because she can't leave my dad that long (he has mid stages of alzheimers).

I'm all for plan B. You're fortunate to have someone willing to keep an eye on the place and help you out! Bring her a fantastic souvenier!

Hey,
RRBB told me of your predicament...

There is a restaraunt I eat at a lot, nearby and yummy. They close a week every year. I say that the girls need it. Go for it.

I do have a few points though;

1) Check your lease/landlord... We have restrictions in some of our leases.
2) Put some flyers outside the door with a "Back From Vacation Special"
3) Since you are a servive industry, I would try to have someone there for an hour or ywo a day...If for no other reason to make sure that the store is still there.
4) extend your trip a day or two so we can meet up (our flight arrives at 10:00ish on the 27th ;)

:figment:

As you know Sandy, we have our own business and have to obviously close when we go out of town.
We notify people in advance and tell them that things will either have to take place before or after we come back.

I think you and the family should go!

Post a notice on the store window in advance stating when the store will be closed, but don't go into too much detail.
If you can have your mom or mother in law be there each day for at least a couple hours, just to watch the place and keep an eye on it.
Have it stated on the notice in the window that the store will be opened limited hours and for what days.

Don't leave your insurance agent in charge of anything!!
Yes, she is a friend but she's not familiar with your business or operations.
If an item is important a customer can pick it up before you leave or wait a week's time to get it, or stop by when your mom or mother in law are there in the store. It's ONLY a week!
Also have your college aged employee there on the weekends to assist your mom or mother in law.

go cruise.

plan b sounds well thought out, altho i agree.. dont ask the neighbor to get things from the shop she doesnt have prior to your leaving, as this means asking her to leave her business to cover yours...

if you can have some onbe there for a couple hours a day, great, otherwise, dont worry, let hte customers know in advance, ( start by putting sign near register two months in advance, then in windows month then signagge the week before,) and go enjoy your kids. they grow up way to fast not to. we didnt have the oportunity until dd was around 6 to start taking time off, but its become very important to us now. even with my new job, which did cause us to cut back from several week ends away to justa few, we still try and get out of town. in fact at some point b etween now and end of august we Are taking two days and goingto neareest amusement park

Thanks for all your continued advice!!!! :)

I really appreciate it!!! :goodvibes

I would definitely say plan B. DH's mother owns her own business and she lets her customers know in advance when she will be gone and for how long. It seems like common practice for a small family business to close for certain things. Not only do your girls deserve this special family vacation but you and you DH do as well. You will make magical memories that you just cant put a price on. Have fun sailing away!

Another vote for plan B. Go on your cruise and enjoy your time with your family.

My dry cleaners close for vacations several times a year, usually when there is a long weekend. (They're normally closed every Friday, Sat, & Sun) They post a sign on the door, and remind their customers that X is the last day to drop off if you want your clothes before they leave, otherwise, you have to wait.

I just plan accordingly, as they have always done an excellent job. I'm sure your customers can do the same, and will feel the same.

Plan B I see that all the time. I would do that and not even think twice about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter