What would you choose?

redheadmc

Earning My Ears
Going to book a Disney cruise for January 2013. I will be traveling with my 3 DD's (10, 7 and 5) Husband will be away on a business trip so he can not attend.

I can't decide between:

8 Day out of Galveston Tx (includes Disney World)
7 Day Fantasy to Puerto Rico, etc (Jan 12, 2013)
B2B on Dream (4 day then a 3 day Jan 12-Jan 19th, 2013)

Any suggestions or recommendations. The cost is similiar, with the TX- children free, being less. I have been on the Wonder and the Magic. This will be the kids first time on a Disney Cruise. We did NCL last Dec. When we drove up to PC last year and the kids saw the Disney Dream, they flipped, thinking that we were going on that ship. They were a little disappointed when we went on the NCL Sun.:hyper:

Definitely the Fantasy, since you've already done the Magic and the Wonder. Your kids will love the Aqua Duck.

The B2B Dream would repeat shows and menus. The Fantasy will have seven different shows and menus.

Going to book a Disney cruise for January 2013. I will be traveling with my 3 DD's (10, 7 and 5) Husband will be away on a business trip so he can not attend.

I can't decide between:

8 Day out of Galveston Tx (includes Disney World)
7 Day Fantasy to Puerto Rico, etc (Jan 12, 2013)
B2B on Dream (4 day then a 3 day Jan 12-Jan 19th, 2013)

Any suggestions or recommendations. The cost is similiar, with the TX- children free, being less. I have been on the Wonder and the Magic. This will be the kids first time on a Disney Cruise. We did NCL last Dec. When we drove up to PC last year and the kids saw the Disney Dream, they flipped, thinking that we were going on that ship. They were a little disappointed when we went on the NCL Sun.:hyper:

I'd go with the Fantasy. Generally my thought is longer is better, but I've been on the Magic, and not the Fantasy.

:cutie:

I would choose Magic. 8 night. We love sea days and it has 4!!

I gave my kids the choice between the same cruises and they choose Magic.
They like the smaller ships. They felt like they got to know more of the kids and counselors on the Wonder and Magic.
They have been on all 4 ships. (twice on the Wonder a 4 night and 7 night to aLaska)

We are booked on the 8 night over Easter.

ETA: my kids are 14 and 11

Fantasy....breathtakingly gorgeous ship with tons of stuff to do for all ages!!!

MJ

I would choose the Fantasy because it's my favorite ship.

The Magic is still a wonderful ship and 4 sea days would be great.

Skip the B2B on the Dream, you will spend a day sitting in port. With the shorter trips everyone tries to cram everything into the short time. On 7+ things are more relaxed, people aren't rushing as much.

Definitely the Fantasy, since you've already done the Magic and the Wonder. Your kids will love the Aqua Duck.

The B2B Dream would repeat shows and menus. The Fantasy will have seven different shows and menus.

I second this!
Especially since your kids wanted to go on a new Disney ship!

Enjoy!! :rotfl:

For a similar price, the Fantasy. We chose the Magic over the Fantasy even though the price was the same only because we were able to drive to Galveston in a few hours vs fly/drive all day to PC.

I would definitely NOT do the B2B. There isn't a point when you have other options and you will have the same things repeated. Plus it won't be as relaxing and you will have to check out and then check back in again.

I would choose based on whichever itinerary interests you most. Personally I would eliminate the B2B since it repeats shows, menus, ports, etc as pps have said. We have always enjoyed our trips on the Wonder and wouldn't hesitate to sail on one of the smaller ships again.

I also recommend the Fantasy. You would get to participate in the second night at Animator's where you could all see your designs come to life. It's a lot of fun. And there are so many cool things to see and do on this ship. We really enjoyed our week on board.

Choose the Fantasy :) My daughter, 10, and I are on the same cruise :) We're looking forward to it. There is an active kids discussion group on here for this cruise as well :)

I would definitely choose between sailing the Fantasy or the Magic. The B2B on the Dream wouldn't be a contendor when you have the other 2 options.

I guess for me, it would come down to which ports, itenerary you might prefer. CC is a stop for both. Do you want a free day at WDW? That might draw you to the Magic. If you want down south ports, then the Fantasy.

Your kids may not notice the fact of being on the Magic compared to the Fantasy, but just being on a Disney ship. I think they will find lots to do on both ships and have a TON of fun regardless of which ship they sail on.

Good luck deciding!!

P.S. If you decide on the Jan Magic cruise, come join us on facebook:goodvibes

I would definitely choose between sailing the Fantasy or the Magic. The B2B on the Dream wouldn't be a contender when you have the other 2 options.

I guess for me, it would come down to which ports, itinerary you might prefer. CC is a stop for both. Do you want a free day at WDW? That might draw you to the Magic. If you want down south ports, then the Fantasy.

Your kids may not notice the fact of being on the Magic compared to the Fantasy, but just being on a Disney ship. I think they will find lots to do on both ships and have a TON of fun regardless of which ship they sail on.

Good luck deciding!!

P.S. If you decide on the Jan Magic cruise, come join us on facebook:goodvibes

I agree w/ this post. GL deciding and Happy Sailing! :sail:

Wow! Thanks everyone! I think I am going to do the Fantasy! I am excited about the ports. I have never been to Puerto Rico or St. Thomas/Johns. Since I will be without my DH, the adult area seems nicer or slightly larger than on the Dream. Very excited! Plus they have the GTY rates for this cruise out. I will check out the Facebook group too. A little nervous about being alone.

Wow! Thanks everyone! I think I am going to do the Fantasy! I am excited about the ports. I have never been to Puerto Rico or St. Thomas/Johns. Since I will be without my DH, the adult area seems nicer or slightly larger than on the Dream. Very excited! Plus they have the GTY rates for this cruise out. I will check out the Facebook group too. A little nervous about being alone.

I'm alone with my daughter on this cruise and I know there is at least one other mom traveling with just her kids on the cruise from our meet group. You'll have a great time. Maybe our 10 year olds can hang out :) Have her join the kids group on here and maybe they can chat before hand. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter