What would you add?

One_Song

DIS Veteran
We received our BEO today, and I am thrilled (and shocked) to say that we have a little room for additions. Now I'm trying to think of what things we passed over, sure that we couldn't afford them. What additions would you choose? I should say that my fiance and I aren't interested in an MK shoot.

We have around 5-7k of wiggle room. Our current extras are the tulle canopy, Cinderella's coach, and a lounge area in the reception. We have a WP ceremony, WHP cocktail hour, and GF ballroom reception. I still can't believe we came under budget! :yay:

That is great you came in under budget and I wish I had this problem when we were planning our VR!!:lmao:

Some things to add:
Characters! Having Mickey at our VR was definitely a highlight of our event.

Confetti cannons (they can use rose petals and they set them off at the WP when you exit)

Candy bar or extra desserts like the sorbet in the ice glass slipper that is lit up (I had to omit both due to budget)

Motor coach to transport your guests (if you don't have this already) our onsite guests loved that they didn't have to worry about transortation.

Dessert party (the one thing I wanted that we didn't do due to the time of our VR)

That's all I can think of right now, sorry!

I would DEFINITELY add the ice slipper sorbet! It was such a huge hit at our wedding! About $25 per guest. I would also do a photobooth! That was the other huge hit. Ours was about $700 (not through Disney)

(I wish we had the 'problem' :sad2: just got our BEO and we're over)

But, Congratulations! I would do a Dessert Party, or maybe even some additional entertainment/actors?? (just and idea!)

I would get a band instead of a DJ! But that's just me lol

Another option would be to throw it into your honeymoon budget and go somewhere really awesome like French Polynesia.

Will you have time to take the wedding party & possibly parents out on a fireworks cruise on the Grand I?
It's a fantastic time and you all would love it~

How about upgrading welcome bags for your guests? Those are the things people remember~

Something fun like water mice for all....great fun and pictures!

I agree with the photo booth, we went to a wedding last year with one and it was so much fun! There were some hilarious pictures!

I agree with many of the before mentioned ideas. Characters are always a good option, everyone loved Minnie and Mickey. I also second the photo book option... we went with a thing called photomingle, which I have posted here on the board before. It's a photo booth with a twist... http://www.photomingle.com/. Our guests absolutely loved it!

I agree with many of the before mentioned ideas. Characters are always a good option, everyone loved Minnie and Mickey. I also second the photo book option... we went with a thing called photomingle, which I have posted here on the board before. It's a photo booth with a twist... http://www.photomingle.com/. Our guests absolutely loved it!

We are having a Photomingle too! And live band so we can boogie. :banana::cool1:

Thank you so much for all your input! We've got some thinking to do, there are so many fun options...

Throw in another vote for the Dessert Party. Then if you can swing it, add "guests".

At our wedding, we were at the WP. Someone actually yelped at the confetti cannons (which made for a great picture).

We also had Mickey and Minnie at our wedding, and for people who had never been to Disney (95% of our guests) and the few who have been before (3 couples, including us), it was so great. Even my mom danced with Minnie (and I have PROOF).

But the piece de resistance was the Dessert Party. Again, only 3 couples (including us) have ever been to Disney, and EVERYONE, including the 3 couples said that was the best part of the night. You get your own private viewing section, and you feel like you are king and queen of your realm - no one else can get to your area except you and your party. Made us feel like we had the whole fireworks to ourselves!

Hope this helps - best wishes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter