• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What would you add?

bring back fort wilderness railroad. bring back the petting zoo, bring back the shoe tree, bring back river country, let you swim in the lake and put the floating dock back out in the middle

Free Wi Fi!
and a swip or someting to get into the pool area! You have to have a wrist band at Stormalong Bay.

I know this shouldn't even have to be said, but it's happened to me on my last two trips to the Fort. A sign that says " KEEP YOUR VEHICLES AND GOLF CARTS OFF THE ROAD". Had very tough time trying to back into site with car and golf cart 3ft into street and owners nowhere to be found.
Counter service would be a great addition.

The Fort already has a horse drawn Ice cream wagon
4402243751_6aa7e662c8_z.jpg

fwicwagon.jpg

All Disney has to do is put up the old KTTW gate back up in the old location. That will keep not guest from driving around the Fort.

The Fort already has a horse drawn Ice cream wagon
4402243751_6aa7e662c8_z.jpg

fwicwagon.jpg

All Disney has to do is put up the old KTTW gate back up in the old location. That will keep not guest from driving around the Fort.

Ain't say'n it's not there, but all the years we be hitt'n the Fort, we've never seen it. :confused3

Free Wi Fi!
and a swip or someting to get into the pool area! You have to have a wrist band at Stormalong Bay.

:confused3, I don't know,,but I would be game for what ever they'd come up with. You have some goo:thumbsup2d ideas,

I would think a card swipe gate would do it. Other resort guests use their cards to get into their room. A gate would be our "room door". This wouldn't keep non-fort guests from getting on an internal bus and heading to the Meadows pool or the play grounds, but it would discourage people from just driving in.

One question though. I've only stayed at the fort 3 times, but I never felt there was a security issue. I never noticed too many people that didn't seem like they belonged there.

The settlement gets crowded with the HDD crowd, but you expect that.

j

I really like the idea of wrist bands for use of the pool. If they already do that on another Disney property, it sounds like a no brainer. We've stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine, TX a couple of times and I really like how they handle things. They issue everybody a waterproof wrist band with a chip inside. The chip opens your hotel room and the wristband gets you into the water park. You can also charge things to your room using the chip in the wristband. I wonder if WDW is looking into something like that?

ooo, I hate wristbands!

I dont even wear a wristwatch!

but I do wish they would secure the pools from non-guests.

I see you're going back to the Fort in 1 month, will you be going back in December again? We would like to see you there again.

I know you will enjoy the Fort in the Spring.

No, not going in December. Sorry! We'd like to see you again too. We hope to return late October/early November for the Food and Wine Festival.

ooo, I hate wristbands!

I dont even wear a wristwatch!

but I do wish they would secure the pools from non-guests.

I'm not a big fan either, but I can't think of an easier way for security to identify people that are supposed to be there versus people that aren't. Plus, if you're swimming, you wouldn't need your wallet or room card. Just a quick swipe from the wristband and you can get in & out of the pool area and charge food and beer. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter