What would you add?

ArcticCat

Mouseketeer
What would you add to the campground to make it better? Even if it was a pay to use item?

I think a counter service restaurant that opens early and stays open late would be a great addition to The Fort.

I would like to see: the River Country pool reopened for Fort guests, a good counter service option, a tram/ train/ Stage Coach transportation option for internal routes, ice cream, produce, and bakery carts or trucks that visit the loops daily.

I think a counter service restaurant that opens early and stays open late would be a great addition to The Fort.

+1 About the only thing the Fort lacks to me is a good counter service option. Maybe that will be rectified if/when a DVC resort is added.

1. some version of River Country just for Fort quests
2. turkey dinner delivered to campsite for Thanksgiving and Christmas
3. bring back the Fort theme, totem poles, etc.
4. better notification of when your site is ready
5. propane fill up

REAL "SECURITY" !!
Anyone can come and go as they please to the Fort. The security at the Fort is simply political correctness, just a buncha bovine scatology.
If you aren't PAYING TO STAY AT DISNEY , then you shouldn't be allowed to come in any time you please and roam the Fort if you are not paying to stay at Disney !
Now I am not talking about coming to eat at TE or the Hoop De Doo , I mean the campground. Only paying customers and their strictly INVITED guests ONLY should be allowed .And that's what I'd like to see.

I'll have to agree with the counter service restaurant. I think that would be the most popular option Disney could add.

We only get to the fort once a year so maybe I didn't notice anything else I've been missing but having somewhere to get an easy meal would be most welcome. They could also serve beer at that counter, I'd be happy with that too. :thumbsup2

Jeanne

I would like to see: the River Country pool reopened for Fort guests, a good counter service option, a tram/ train/ Stage Coach transportation option for internal routes, ice cream, produce, and bakery carts or trucks that visit the loops daily.

I'd love to see that again too! I remember when they had those when the Fort first opened and for a few years beyond that.....

Here here. DH and I had to go to WL to get dinner one night because we missed the food times at the Tavern and TE. Pain in the rump! :lmao: A late-night Counter Service option would be fantastic!

An ice cream truck! Now THAT would be a fun addition! Even one of the bike-powered ones would be great!

Counter service restaurant in addition to TE. If they can't (or won't) offer counter service then I would like to see, at the minimum, a "roach coaches" circling the loops from 7 a.m. until 9 p.m. Of course, the best idea would be counter service, "roach coaches", and produce/dairy wagons. :cloud9:

I agree with everyone. Here are my choices. Sorry if some are repeated:

1. Counter service like Roaring Fork at the lodge. That place rocks for counter service

2. I whole heartedly agree with Born2fish. SECURITY. Put a gate after the horse crossing but before the unhitching pull off where only registered guest can drive into the actual campsites

3. gate the pool so it's only accesible with your key card. This will prohibit outsiders from using the pool

4. Have paying Disney guest use thier Key card to access the busses that travel the fort. Way too many times I see the local yokals park in the lot an take the bus to the 1500 loop stop with all thier rafts, swimmies, coolers and drag them to the pool. That's BS in my book. We pay for the amenities not them

5. Go back to open air trams for internal fort transportation vs. buses.

6. Stop underage driving of golf carts and enforce it

7. Re-open the bridge by the meadows trading post for golf cart usage and also the path to the 1400 loop.

8. This may sound selfish, but keep the campfire for the campers not every disney guest to come and bombard and take all the seats and marshmellows..lol

9. Plant more faster growing shrubs between all sites to promote more privacy

10. BAN THE PRESSURE CLEANING VENDORS (hope this is done already)

I can go on, but I think at least 9 out of 10 are good ideas

+1 for River Country and the ice cream truck :thumbsup2

REAL "SECURITY" !!
Anyone can come and go as they please to the Fort. The security at the Fort is simply political correctness, just a buncha bovine scatology.
If you aren't PAYING TO STAY AT DISNEY , then you shouldn't be allowed to come in any time you please and roam the Fort if you are not paying to stay at Disney !
Now I am not talking about coming to eat at TE or the Hoop De Doo , I mean the campground. Only paying customers and their strictly INVITED guests ONLY should be allowed .And that's what I'd like to see.

I agree, but how to enforce it? Have a turnstile requiring use of our cards? Wristbands? There's got to be a way, but it can't be too intrusive on FW guests.

I agree, but how to enforce it? Have a turnstile requiring use of our cards? Wristbands? There's got to be a way, but it can't be too intrusive on FW guests.

:confused3, I don't know,,but I would be game for what ever they'd come up with. You have some goo:thumbsup2d ideas,

I agree, but how to enforce it?
I would think a card swipe gate would do it. Other resort guests use their cards to get into their room. A gate would be our "room door". This wouldn't keep non-fort guests from getting on an internal bus and heading to the Meadows pool or the play grounds, but it would discourage people from just driving in.

One question though. I've only stayed at the fort 3 times, but I never felt there was a security issue. I never noticed too many people that didn't seem like they belonged there.

The settlement gets crowded with the HDD crowd, but you expect that.

j

1. Wi-Fi - PLEASE
2. LOVE the idea of an ice-cream truck! I'll pass that idea along to my friend.
3. Counter service would be great - the snack bar at the pool always seems to do well.
4. ENFORCE the rule that unattended children at the fire pits will flaming marshmallow sticks will be sold on eBay! I am always afraid to go sit around some of the kids as they casually wave the sticks around. It astounds me that no one has lost an eye yet! I won't let my son anywhere near there.

Some good ideas. Here's my 2 pennies worth.

From the time of our first visit, roughly 30 years ago, we felt River Country should 'free' for use by the Ft Wilderness guests.

WiFi

Love the ice cream truck idea.

WiFi

We're not fans of the golf carts, period (except for the handicapped). But if they are going to be allowed, enforcement is needed.

WiFi

Don't like the 'Urban' vibe of the busses. Go back to the trams.

WiFi

We never had the opportunity to ride the Ft Wilderness train. I'd like to see it return, bigger and better. There could be a couple stops within the campground, one at the Settlements, one at Wilderness Lodge, then on to the TTC.

And last, but not least: WiFi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter