What Would Happen if We Didn't Add

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by lync, Jan 3, 2013.

1. lync

lync Mouseketeer

My brother to the reservation? He's only coming for a couple of days and he isn't sure what days they are. We have a 2br and we are not maxed out (even when he comes). We have the DDP so if we add him, we have to add him to the DDP. It will cost him$275.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

Add him when he gets there and you will not have to pay DDP.

4. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Plus he will have to pay out of pocket for all his meals. He will get no dining credits. Hopefully, he doesn't need Magical Express because he needs to be on the reservation to get that.

5. lync

lync Mouseketeer

He is driving so he won't need ME. He's only there for 3 days so he would spend less than $275 for the time he is there. We have 3 adults staying in a 2br. Can we get a parking pass for a second car?

6. cwt580

cwt580 DIS Veteran

there is small fee for each adult over 2 in each room like $25 per person per night.......

if you add him to room when he gets there thats all he has to pay for besides tix and food. cant add him to DP for only the days he is there....everyone has to have the same length of days on the plan.

7. Polydweller

Polydweller DIS Veteran

However, you must make the hotel aware that he is staying there. You are renting the room on Disney's terms and by renting you are agreeing to abide by those rules. Failure to notify the hotel is unfortunately fraudulent since you would violating that agreement.

Sorry, but as a hotelier that's just the way it is. We rent rooms with conditions and your agreement is a contract with the hotel. The contract goes both ways and you have to meet you side of the contract.

You will have to talk to the hotel and see if your accommodation will allow this arrangement. The hotel may also have a third adult charge for the accommodation. Your safest bet is to contact the hotel about this and follow what they say. Failure to do so can get you removed from your accommodation. Again sorry, but that is how the hotel business works.

8. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

I'm not sure the additional adult fee is required for 2 bedrooms. They don't do it for the cabins/suites - I imagine 2 bedrooms would be the same.

9. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

No extra adult fees for villas. Just ask at the front desk for an additional parking pass for your brother.

10. wdwrich

wdwrich DIS Veteran

Will you be using EMH? If so, your brother would need to be registered for a resort ID.

11. sharadoc

sharadoc Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving

You can add him at check-in, get a resort ID and a parking pass for him. He can buy tickets on his own but needs that resort ID for any extra magic hours. No reason to avoid adding him if you're not at capacity. If you do it at check-in, you'll have everything you need for him and he won't need to go to the front desk.

12. lync

lync Mouseketeer

I was planning on adding him until I realized he will have to pay for the DDP. That us my only reason for not adding him.....

13. sharadoc

sharadoc Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving

The DDP cannot be added less than 3 days out from check-in, you can't add it at check-in, so when you check in, tell them you are adding another person who is checking in on xX date. They will give you a resort ID but tell you that he can't go on your dining plan, it's too late to add him.

14. Marthasor

Marthasor DIS Veteran

You will be fine! Simply add him when you check in. There is no extra adult fee for your villa, they won't add him to the dining plan and they will give you a parking pass. They will give you a room key for him and he can then pay OOP for whatever he needs when he is there. This is a completely legit way of adding him to the room without adding him to DDP.