What would happen if we are late to an Adr? Will they hold it or charge a fee?

Tigpooh

Disney Fanatic!
  • Is there a grace period if you are late for an adr? I found a late reservation for beaches, but we have a dinner adr in MK that will probably end about the time everyone is making a rush for the gates. We would have from 7:40pm to 10:30 to eat dinner and get from BOG to Beaches. MK closes at 9 that night. Is it possible? If we are a few minutes late will they tell us no and charge a cancellation fee?

We were late to our ADRS a lot....like it was almost ridiculous how we couldn't get our act together to be on time. The latest we were was probably a half hour and they were totally fine about it - no extra charges or anything.

There is no official "late" policy. Most likely, you be fine showing up 15 minutes late. But they could refuse to seat you if you are even a minute late. And you'd be charged the no-show fee. So, how risk-adverse are you?

How late is B&C open?

If you are on time for dinner, figure you will be leaving about 9, right? Are you watching wishes? Or leaving at 9?

If you are running late, you can always grab a taxi or call uber to get you to beach club

Keep in mind that an ADR isn't "we are holding a table for you," but "we have a place in line for you that starts at this time."

If you're late and a party walks up at that moment? They may declare you can't rejoin the line when you arrive and give that spot in line to the walk-up, AND charge you for your no-show.

good point. If you get delayed and can't get out of the MK during the crush of the crowd, that could be a timing issue. I actually had to exit backstage once, no one could move through the hub or down main street. It was kind of scary

When I realized that I would be late to Crystal Palace this July for Brunch*, I called and let them know. They said it was fine & that I had a 15 minute to 20 minute grace period. Well, we arrived half an hour after that & brunch was OVER :sad1: So, the cast member asked us to wait on the porch and we could be seated for first available Lunch! I was so thankful ! :-) How would I have explained to my 3 yr old that she wasn't going to see Pooh & friends? pooh:

*(ticket & transportation center booth had too many closed cashiers & we were all there just for my in-laws will call, since they didn't want the magic bands - it took FOREVER - and I could've sworn that w the late brunch reservation, there was No Way that we would be late :rolleyes2 we left early enough to allow time for long crowds, etc. ).

Last edited:
I will say that what occurs at Crystal Palace may have very little resemblance o what occurs at B&C. For one, CP is about 20x bigger.

There is no official policy. It is up to the restaurant at that time. Even if you call ahead the person on the phone is not the person at the restaurant, and cannot tell you what will happen.

There are usually 3 things that can happen: They can seat you, no fuss. They can seat you with a bit of a wait. They can tell you you missed your time AND charge you the per person no show feel. So how comfortable are you with all of those things?

• Is there a grace period if you are late for an adr? I found a late reservation for beaches, but we have a dinner adr in MK that will probably end about the time everyone is making a rush for the gates. We would have from 7:40pm to 10:30 to eat dinner and get from BOG to Beaches. MK closes at 9 that night. Is it possible? If we are a few minutes late will they tell us no and charge a cancellation fee?
It's a little risky getting there late at B&C given its size and popularity. I'd say you should grab a taxi once you get out of MK and you should be fine. If you wanted to use free disney transportation, there's a good chance you might not make it in time. I'd also recommend that you keep seaching for a later BC ADR. I wouldn't suggest looking for an earlier BoG ADR, because dinner there is hard enough to find, let alone a better time!

If you are looking for ice cream forget beaches & cream and go across the lake to the boardwalk. Ample Hill is amazing! Some find the flavors a nit on the sweet side. I cut that sweetness by doing one scoop of flavor paired with either one scoop of chocolate or vanilla.

We hit ample hill three times during our recent trip.

I also suggest getting ice cream at the Ice Cream parlor on Main Street. I like enjoying my sundae while watching the hub bub on Main Street

BOG for dinner often runs behind. I've eaten there 3 times for dinner so far and each time been 30 minutes past my ADR time before being seated.
Just something for you to be aware of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter