What would be your dream WDW solo trip?- here's my schedule for Jan '08...

Scott2tune

Mouseketeer
I have always dreamed of setting up a trip like this and my DW of 22 years said- "go have your fun". I was going for just an extra 4 days but she said to get it out of my system. Well that will take nearly 12 days- she gave me the proverbial "hall pass" and said go for it. And so here it is- my ultimate WDW trip. I'm flying my DS19 from Univ. of Colorado at Boulder to meet me Thursday night late at Orlando airport and then we'll hit the ground running from Friday through MLK day. Then my WDW solo-dream trip begins. Any additional thoughts...suggestions....

1/18/08 AK Concierge- AK followed by Sunset Safari- followed by Epcot Evening Magic
1/19 MGM- Sci Fi Cafe- MGM-Fulton's Crabhouse- Cirque de Solei show
1/20- VIP 2 park US/IOA Emeril- Blue Man Group front row
1/21-Seaworld adventure VIP tour Luau
1/22- SOLO begins:
Move to Boardwalk concierge- Behind Magic Tour- Bistro Paris
1/23-Undiscovered Future Tour-Victoria & Albert's dinner
1/24-Keys to Magic Kingdom tour-Hoop Dee Doo
1/25-Backstage Safari Tour-MGM-Brown Derby- Fantasmic
1/26- Epcot Le Cellier lunch-Yachtman's Steakhouse dinner
1/27-MGM- Sci Fi- & Brown Derby again
1/28-Epcot Coral Reef lunch-Artist Point dinner
1/29- MK last day Liberty Tree Tavern lunch- Spirt of Aloha last night

Well- that should do it. Yes I'm doing much of this solo- and you know what- I'm excited. With a backpack of magazines- and I'm happy to strike up conversation- I really can not wait.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Wow, this sound great... I'm sure you'll have tons of fun!!! please write a trip report, can't wait to hear how it went.... Have fun!!!

boy you have a bunch more energy than I do!!

sounds like a great trip - you will definitely learn alot!

It's a pretty ambitious schedule- and on paper it sounds great. I just hope that I don't hit the proverbial DW wall!

:) You will enjoy Victoria and Alberts .I dined there solo last year and did not feel out of place. It is a great experience. The Keys to the Kingdom and Epcot tours are nice. Yachtsman became a favorite of mine last summer.

Wow, it sounds fabulous. But, I don't think this trip will 'get it out of your system'. I have found that the more solo trips I have, the more often I want to go. When you have a really wonderful time, you just want more!! Enjoy.

js

Im currently making my dream WDW solo (with help) 50th birthday vacation
Flying down and back solo, meeting up w/friends while at WDW.
Fri-Sun 11/9-11 - staying at Pop (asked for 50s section as Im turning 50 and was born in the 50s)
Fri 11/9 - Food & Wine festival, Food & Wine pairing
Sat - cheese tasting
Sun-Fri 11/11-16 - staying at BCV so Im close to the "men in skirts" (Off Kilter!) Main reason for coming to WDW for 50th birthday bash
Sun - Rose & Crown lunch
Mon - Segway, Norway princess lunch, MVMCP
Tues - 50th! Yacht Galley brkfst (will be celebrated w/friends), Dolphin encounter, LeCellier lunch (friend joining me), Off Kilter
Wed - GF Cafe lunch (calling for slipper dessert at 1 month), joining another family for the Wishes birthday cruise from the WL
Thurs - Morocco lunch, Osborne Lights
Fri - 50s Prime Time lunch

Looks like a great itinerary! I've done the Keys to the Kingdom tour and highly recommend it. This is the only tour I've done. I have a solo trip planned for Dec. 07 and am trying to decide what tour I'd like to take on that trip. It will probably be one of the AK tours.

I am jealous of your 12 day trip! I've been averaging 2 trips per year, but usually only 3 nights each.

Rick

Im currently making my dream WDW solo (with help) 50th birthday vacation
Flying down and back solo, meeting up w/friends while at WDW.
Fri-Sun 11/9-11 - staying at Pop (asked for 50s section as Im turning 50 and was born in the 50s)
Fri 11/9 - Food & Wine festival, Food & Wine pairing
Sat - cheese tasting
Sun-Fri 11/11-16 - staying at BCV so Im close to the "men in skirts" (Off Kilter!) Main reason for coming to WDW for 50th birthday bash
Sun - Rose & Crown lunch
Mon - Segway, Norway princess lunch, MVMCP
Tues - 50th! Yacht Galley brkfst (will be celebrated w/friends), Dolphin encounter, LeCellier lunch (friend joining me), Off Kilter
Wed - GF Cafe lunch (calling for slipper dessert at 1 month), joining another family for the Wishes birthday cruise from the WL
Thurs - Morocco lunch, Osborne Lights
Fri - 50s Prime Time lunch

I just have to tell you I LOVE OFF KILTER. I actually have there CD in my car stereo right now.

How exciting.:cool1: I look forward to the day when I can do my solo trip. For now I will be going with the family in February but who knows what is next to come. I really hope you right a trip report or at least share your pictures.

Wow - I am thinking of a January solo trip (just 4 nights) and your trip has me inspired. I would like to go with DH, but my kids are back in school and need a grown up home to watch them.

How are the crowds during MLK weekend???? I like your idea of bringing your DS for the begining of the trip. Maybe I could do something like that with my kids and DH and then send the packin' :lmao: MLK would be a good time for them because of the 3 day weekend, but if its crowded I would rather go the first weekend in January.

Too many tours, take away on stage quality time. Just read some books or visit hiddenmickeys.org for all the good secrets.

Aha! I know this itinerary from listening to it being read on a "Mouse" podcast. ;) What really got me yelling at my iPod was their suggestion that you needed to eat dinner at Jiko. They apparently didn't realize the Wanyama Safari included a nice dinner spread at Jiko. Maybe you can call in and expand their knowledge base a bit. ;)

As for the tours...coolio! I've taken tours, but never so many on a single trip! But I am repeating my Around the World Segway tour because I liked it so much the first time I took it a couple of years ago. :) I am comfortable dining alone, but I don't think I'd have the nerve to do V&A's solo. It seems kind of daunting to experience that particular restaurant solo, even though I have no problems dining alone anywhere else on property.

BriarRosie:

Too funny- yep those Disney "experts" blew it. I too was listening and yelling at my laptop. Those guys are great but that was a miss on their part. Funny you noticed it too- I decided to call and leave a voice message. Thanks for the input- I am really looking forward to this trip.
Thanks -Scott

I did V&A solo last January. It was amazing. The service is greatly top notch. Plus, I was able to talk to the manager about my upcoming wedding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter