What would be best for us from the airport?

kilarney

Esteemed Member
We are arriving at CDG with two kids and bags. Our gate is in Terminal 3. We land at about noon. At Disneyland, we are staying at the Hotel Cheyenne.

I was going to take the train, but now I am not so sure. Our package does not include Express Luggage Service. At 16 pounds per adult as an upgrade, it doesn't really seem worth it.

So if we have to check into the hotel itself on arrival (I am assuming we do if we don't have Express Luggage Service), what would be the best transportation option? I am now leaning toward the shuttle bus, as this would drop us off directly at the hotel.

the train you get from CDG to DLP isn't the Eurostar, its the TGV cross-country service. You only get the Disney Express service on the Eurostar service from the UK to DLP, so you won't be able to use Disney Express from CDG I'm afraid.

The TGV between CDG and Marne-la-vallee (DLP station) is available, it is quick, but if you have young kids and a lot of luggage it may not suit.

The VEA coach is now the most expensive and slowest method of transfer between CDG and DLP.

You could also look into a shared shuttle/private shuttle service with rstransports or ezyshuttle.com (check their websites for prices). The shared/private shuttle service is by far the most convenient way of transferring.

Thank you, that is very helpful. The shuttle route sounds like the way to go.

What are your thoughts regarding shared versus private for a shuttle? The price difference is not that huge for a family of four - only about 13 euro.

Also, any idea on how a private shuttle compares with a taxi? We would need a larger taxi, though, since we have two adults and two children along with baggage.

you usually get a minibus type vehicle if theres 4 of your plus luggage with the shuttle companies.

I always pick the shared shuttle option, because there are only 2 of us in my party. I've not had to share with any other party yet though, despite paying only the shared price :) (this is with rstransports).

I have to agreee.

The best thing about private shuttle is that you get dropped right at the door of the hotel and get help with your bags etc. They decide what time to pick you up at both ends so you don't need to think about that AND if there are any delays with the flights, they are aware and change their plans accordingly. My experience of private shuttle so far has been very good.

As DLPdaft said, you could book shared and almost definitely will be on your own. The worst that can happen is that you will have to share with fellow DLPers. Can't be that bad :-)

I can't praise the shuttles highly enough.

Have used RSTransport & Ezyshuttle. My personal preference is for Ezyshuttle but only because they took the time to check little details like the ages of my children so that they had appropriate car seats.

Only once have we ended up on a shared trip but there was bags of room on the bus for all of us.

I can't praise the shuttles highly enough.

Have used RSTransport & Ezyshuttle. My personal preference is for Ezyshuttle but only because they took the time to check little details like the ages of my children so that they had appropriate car seats.

Only once have we ended up on a shared trip but there was bags of room on the bus for all of us.
would you use this method above aprivate taxi we have been quoted £170 return from CDG to DLP but will share the fare with my friend

the shared shuttle price for 2 people is only 38 euros one way (so 76 euros return total) - thats a whole lot less than a private taxi would cost you.

There are four of us. Two adults and two children. From what I can see, a taxi is competitive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter