• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What will you celebrate tour: Chicago UPDATE time and date

GabbyMom

<font color=darkorchid>I dropped my pager in the t
Where: Michigan Ave - Pioneer Court
When: September 28 and 29 from 11-3
Why: I want a cool mickey head balloon
Who: DD and I are going, anyone else?

As I find information on time I'll update.

What? How am I the last person to find out about this....

Does anyone have a link to a little more information on this?

I'll go as long as it is downtown somewhere. I work downtown and can't make it out to Schaumburg or suburbs during the day. If it pops up on Michigan Avenue or something, I'll head up there on my lunch hour!!

We're going. I haven't heard where it is though. If anyone hears ---where it's posted.
I'm always up for a celebration!!!

When you click on Chicago, it lists "Michigan Ave - Pioneer Court".

That's ok, I'll be too busy to go, anyway trying to get stuff done for month end at work. ;)

When you click on Chicago, it lists "Michigan Ave - Pioneer Court".

That's ok, I'll be too busy to go, anyway trying to get stuff done for month end at work. ;)

Thank you. It didn't say that yesterday.

Where specifically are you clicking to get the location info for Chicago?
I want more info on Indianapolis - but whether I click the green balloon on the map (Lime green? ;) ) or on the city name at the bottom - I just get the popup with the date & location.

Where specifically are you clicking to get the location info for Chicago?
I want more info on Indianapolis - but whether I click the green balloon on the map (Lime green? ;) ) or on the city name at the bottom - I just get the popup with the date & location.

If you click on the car on the front page it will bring you to a map with green mickey ears on each city location. When you click on the Indianapolis green ears it will tell you the location; which, for us is Monument Circle.

Editing: I see what you mean now. Disregard my previous comments.

If you click on the car on the front page it will bring you to a map with green mickey ears on each city location. When you click on the Indianapolis green ears it will tell you the location; which, for us is Monument Circle.

Editing: I see what you mean now. Disregard my previous comments.

Since I haven't seen your previous comments, I wanted to add that I was able to see the US map with the cities highlighted with those green Mickeys. I clicked on the Chicago Mickey to see, but I was curious about other cities. The cities that would be visited in 2009 weren't updated with locations...at least the cities in the west that I peeked at. :)

For Chicago, the official site still just shows "Michigan Ave. - Pioneer Court" without indicating the time of day.

It seems to me that Disney is really aiming these promotional events at people who happen to out on the streets anyway when the events occur, not at people who would have to make a trip in.

If that's the case, then it's strange that Disney published the tour schedule at all.

If it's on Monument Circle, I'll definitely be there (since my office is on Monument Circle, 6 floors up!) :cool1:

Minneapolis, MN was yesterday. While it was cool to see the Mickey balloons peppered through out downtown as everyone brought them around offices etc, I'm not sure it is something to really travel far for. The balloons deflated before the night was over, and the information that was attached to them on how to enter, is the same thing that was available on the web.

Certainly not to be a downer, but I'm just sayin' if it isn't coming near you don't feel too overly miserable. If it is in your city and you can catch it, it's kind of a fun Disney break during a normal work day. ;)

Its Sept 28th, not 29th
Interesting! Thank you for catching the change.

Originally, the press release said: "9/29 Chicago"

A couple of days ago, the official site still said:

Tour Schedule
9/29/08
Chicago
Michigan Ave. -
Pioneer Court​

Now the official site says:

Tour Schedule
9/28/08
Chicago
Pioneer Court​

Interesting! Thank you for catching the change.

Originally, the press release said: "9/29 Chicago"

A couple of days ago, the official site still said:

Tour Schedule
9/29/08
Chicago
Michigan Ave. -
Pioneer Court​

Now the official site says:

Tour Schedule
9/28/08
Chicago
Pioneer Court​

With my Dad in the Hospital I hadn't had a chance to look today. Thank you for correcting me.

I'm glad you guys are there to catch it.

I wonder why they changed it?

The Cm downtown said today was an extra day added on at the last minute. They didn't have any Mickey Balloons yet they ae due in tomorrow.
The time tomorrow is 11-3 same bat time same bat channel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter