• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What will you celebrate - extras for honeymoon

Melissa07090

Earning My Ears
I was just curious if anyone has been to Disney this year on their honeymoon and had marked on their reservations that they were on a honeymoon and if any of the restaurants or places gave them any freebees. We are going in September and I was just curious you get any special treatment for wearing the buttons or hats of have ADRS with honeymoon marked on them. Thanks

From what I've heard, the "What Will You Celebrate?" campaign has actually cut down on a lot of the pixie dust honeymooners usually experience at WDW because now everybody there is celebrating something. I've had people tell me they experienced nothing like the surprises we got on our honeymoon last year, and when we went for our anniversary this year, I noticed that only the Signature Dining restaurants were giving out free desserts (which are a big deal to me :rotfl:).

(Edited to add: On both our honeymoon and our anniversary trips we were decked from head to toe in "Just Married"/"Anniversary" garb - hats, T-shirts, pins, etc. The more you advertise it, the better your chances!)

Your mileage may vary. You can't ever predict pixie dust - the important thing is not to *expect* any special treatment because of your honeymoon, and then you'll be surprised when you get it! I know everyone always says this, but I didn't listen and found myself bummed out when we didn't get a room upgrade because I'd just expected it. :rolleyes:

Our honeymoon just happened this past June...we were decked out in the ears, shirts, pins...and we got nothing.We did however get a pin...at the airport gift shop. :) Other than that, just a lot of congratulations.

From what I've heard, the "What Will You Celebrate?" campaign has actually cut down on a lot of the pixie dust honeymooners usually experience at WDW because now everybody there is celebrating something.

Yeah, as soon as they announced the "What Will You Celebrate" promotion, my first thought was, "Great, now EVERYONE will be celebrating and our honeymoon won't be as big a deal to them as it would have been."

But I'm sort of over it. The point is to be in WDW, anything more is just a bonus! :bride:

7 DAYS!!!

We got absolutely nothing. Wait, we did get the celebrating placemats at 1900 Park Fare. We didn't get any other special things at restaurants, parks, FPs, etc.

Still had a blast. We went in expecting nothing.

DF put it best...After I made him put on his "Just Engaged" button...We didn't get anything as far as pixie dust goes....but we did get embarrassed quite a bit!!! :lmao:

We were congratulated by everyone that saw the pin. Actually one grounds keeper said "Oh! You have a pin! Congratulations!" :rotfl: I'm guessing b/c it was a new promotion at the time, she was trying to keep up...Really it was too cute.

On DCL, we got congratulations on a plate in chocolate...That was in Palo-but only after DF told our server that we were just engaged.

Pixie dust is what you make it. Some of our best moments were things like pulling some silly pranks on our server...and getting the head server involved as well!!! :rotfl2: Other things were CMs taking the time to talk to us...Some of them have some great stories and it's fun to see where they've been and what they've done.

We've never gone to WDW or on DCL and expected pixie dust...but I can tell you every trip that we've been on has been more magical than the last.

:wizard:

My DF has serious delusions of pixie dust:wizard:. He thinks that Kool and the Gang will come over from EPCOT (where they're playing on or near our wedding day - I can't remember when) and play "Celebration" for him LMAO :lmao:

Other than that, I'm going in the way I did on my birthday - not expecting anything! When something did happen, it was magical! :thumbsup2

We just got back and ended up getting a MILLION congratulations for like everyone, free champagne at Le Cellier....and one night at the GF we got into find rose petals all over the floor and entrance to the room ....rose petals in the shape of a heart on the sheets pulled back, two glasses and a bottle of champagne on ice. Also there was a congrats card from mickey and also the staff with a box of two wrapped truffles!! VERY Sweet!!

We were married in 2006, wore our buttons and hats on occasion and didn't get a ton of items either but we didn't expect to. We did get a free photo at the Contemp Grill which is an awesome shot and possibly a free dessert.

Best advice is if you want something - say a room upgrade - then pay for it as there are no guarantees it happens and then you won't be disappointed.

Disney treated us like royalty on our honeymoon. We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter and they upgraded our room for free when we got there. Boma's Restaurant brought out a plate with truffles and in chocolate they had written happy honeymoon. Ohana's put lei's around our necks and had us get up and dance at the restaurant. The Coral Reef Restaurant at Epcot seated us right up by the glass of the aquarium. It was well worth wearing the buttons!!!

That's a bummer.

In 2005 (or was it 2006? Man I have terrible memory!) we went on our first trip to a deluxe resort on AKL to celebrate our anniversary and my recovery from a lot of very complicated and life threatening medical issues. DH just made a mention that we were there for our anniversary and one day we returned to our room and found two beautiful wooden figurines and an autographed photo with Belle and the Beast. It really came out of the blue!

We got fastpasses to nearly everything from CM's, tons of congrats, about 3 different magical moments certificates, a bunch of free desserts, plus DH got to be Lancelot with the World Showcase Players and I got to be the princess for the October fest celebration at Biert Garten (Did I spell that right? I seldom get it right)... it was embarrassing, but oh so much fun! :rotfl2:

It was one of the most magical trips we have ever taken. But a lot of it had to do with having a great attitude, and just walking into the right places at the right time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter