What will replace Kouzzina? Trattoria al Forno

Perhaps the most disappointing part of all is that this doesn't lead me to believe that a breakfast will be returning to that spot. I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed. Maybe they'll do frittata.

We'll stick to Via Napoli. It's good and we'd rather dine in Epcot than at the Boardwalk.

Seriously? Of all the endless options they went with yet another Italian restaurant. Why not just bring Olive Garden inn? #completelyuninspired

Since we stay at BWV often, I'm ok with these. Can't complain about a place that will be able to satisfy the whole family.

Great. More over-priced, mediocre Italian food at WDW. At least at Olive Garden, you don't need to take out a second mortgage to afford dinner. HOW does Italian fit into the Boardwalk theme? Lame, Disney, LAME.

This is going to sound snarkier than intended, but was Via Napoli really too far to go for wood-fired pizza? I'm all for having a better pizza option on the Boardwalk to replace the pizza window. But I was really hoping for something different to replace Kouzzina. I'm only eating one Italian dinner on vacation, no matter how many Italian restaurants Disney throws at me.
Well ... yes since I definitely need reservations at Via Napoli (which I love, BTW). A lot of times you can usually walk-up to the resort restaurants as long as you're willing to wait about 30 minutes. FWIW, I never tried Kouzzina because it never seemed "Greek" enough or exotic enough for me. I was very excited when I heard that Chef Cora had a restaurant there but the description of the food never rung my bell. Wood fired pizza is right in my wheelhouse.

BUT ... I can understand the disappointment that the restaurant isn't more interesting. In the meantime, I'll enjoy the pizza.

oh gee.....not too happy.
Loved Kouzzina.......can't eat most Italian food....no pizza, pasta, etc.
Glad we have a Kouzzina ADR for late Sept.

Living in the northeast, we have many high quality Italian restaurants to pick from including a wonderful wood-fired pizza place 5 minutes from my house (and we live in the woods).

Italian on vacation? Nope.

Disappointing and overdone.

--pennyplanner

Living in the northeast, we have many high quality Italian restaurants to pick from including a wonderful wood-fired pizza place 5 minutes from my house (and we live in the woods). Italian on vacation? Nope. Disappointing and overdone. --pennyplanner

Exactly! We live in Brooklyn, NY and have a couple of favorite Italian restaurants that we frequent. I also cook Italian food for dinner a lot. The only Italian restaurants I've brought myself to go to at WDW are Via Napoli (on our last trip, which I enjoyed very much) and Tutto Italia when we go next week. But that's it...only in the Epcot Italy pavilion. No Tony's or Mama Melrose for us. But, on the bright side, I'm thinking they might have an excellent breakfast...I'm hoping for that to at least be unique.

Pizza and pasta are mostly comprised of inexpensive ingredients.

Yes!!! They will make. Bigger profit by serving pizza and pasta than what they currently serve at Kouzzina, I'm sure.

Bingo. We have a winner. First they get everyone to believe that "pre-paying" for the Dining Plan is some kind of wonderful benefit, then they start swapping out the previously exciting, creative and unique restaurants (ie, high expense) places for homogenized, high-profit cafeteria crap. Say goodbye to the formerly great Disney dining scene - it's all about the money now, and as long as people are lining up to hand over their money 10 months before a trip without knowing where or what they are eating or even caring whether it's good or not, this is what we're going to get: Crammed sardine style into "themed" areas that serve variations of the exact same 6 or 8 "popular" meals, made production line style with little to no care and absolutely no creativity.

They've got 6 Italian places within 2 miles serving menus that are comprised mainly of canned tomatoes, flour, water and yeast ... and if those are the only places you can get an ADR to utilize the "entitlement" you already paid for, than that's where you're eating. And for those who are thinking about staying off property, you can just enjoy paying $35 OOP for a Chicken Parm dish that costs them $2.25 to make.

Sorry to get on a Pete Warner-esque rant about it, but when I compare the dining scene at Disney from 10 years ago to what I see now, I get a little angry. The wife and I love to cook, and we love to eat well on vacation - and what's going on of late in the World is making it less and less attractive as a vacation destination to us.

This seems like it would replace the pizza window not a top notch resturant....

Not sure the point of this place? I guess it saves a 5 min walk into Epcot?

If Disney keeps knocking down good table service just to make steak houses, seafood huts, and Italian food count me out in the future. If someone wants a dining plan give them something else and leave the high end creative food in place for cash only.

Bingo. We have a winner. First they get everyone to believe that "pre-paying" for the Dining Plan is some kind of wonderful benefit, then they start swapping out the previously exciting, creative and unique restaurants (ie, high expense) places for homogenized, high-profit cafeteria crap. Say goodbye to the formerly great Disney dining scene - it's all about the money now, and as long as people are lining up to hand over their money 10 months before a trip without knowing where or what they are eating or even caring whether it's good or not, this is what we're going to get: Crammed sardine style into "themed" areas that serve variations of the exact same 6 or 8 "popular" meals, made production line style with little to know care and absolutely no creativity.

They've got 6 Italian places within 2 miles serving menus that are comprised mainly of canned tomatoes, flour, water and yeast ... and if those are the only places you can get an ADR to utilize the "entitlement" you already paid for, than that's where you're eating. And for those who are thinking about staying off property, you can just enjoy paying $35 OOP for a Chicken Parm dish that costs them $2.25 to make.

Sorry to get on a Pete Warner-esque rant about it, but when I compare the dining scene at Disney from 10 years ago to what I see now, I get a little angry. The wife and I love to cook, and we love to eat well on vacation - and what's going on of late in the World is making it less and less attractive as a vacation destination to us.

Its been like this for a while now imo. This is nothing new but maybe it may open a few more peoples eyes to how much the DDP has reduced the quality of the food at WDW.

Great. More over-priced, mediocre Italian food at WDW. At least at Olive Garden, you don't need to take out a second mortgage to afford dinner. HOW does Italian fit into the Boardwalk theme? Lame, Disney, LAME.

Did a modified Greek restaurant fit the Boardwalk theme?

True. Unfortunately, the masses like cheap comfortable foods comprised mostly of flour.

I'm not exactly part of the dining masses, but I never stepped foot in Kouzzina, despite several BWV stays in the last 6 years. Don't really care for Greek food and while at Disney sometimes I just need a decent, normal meal between park hop, etc... Having said that, I've been to Tutto Gusto once and Spice Road twice since they opened to try something new. And I regularly eat dinner in World Showcase. But even though I know Swolphin has some of the best restaurants on property, it's just not as convenient sometimes.
This new restaurant will be convenient and comfortable for those staying around Crescent Lake as well as those hopping from Epcot to HS. And although I can't say I'm overly thrilled with another Italian place, what else were they going to put there??

Talk about an un-inspired choice--

But maybe the thinking was (if you can call it that:)) that since 2 other places have already failed at the same location, and since competition against the Flying Fish wasn't intended--maybe an ordinary "a lot of filling food for the $$" spot was the answer.

For me--if its Italian I want, it's Il Mulino

The average Disney guest doesn't have an annual pass so will probably not want to go to a park for a meal if a) they don't have hoppers or b) it's not a park day. There's no admission charge to visit the Boardwalk so I can see my family (for ex.) wanting to spend an evening enjoying good pizza and enjoying the evening entertainment. There are plenty of options for Italian other than pizza and pasta so hopefully the menu will reflect that - grilled fish, chicken dishes, veal dishes, variety of stuffed ravioli, etc.

I'm sure Il Mulino is great but as a family with 2 children under 9 who enjoy the character meals, we always end up getting the dining plan so that's where I try to limit most of my meals to rather than paying more OOP to go to places that are not on the DDP and then leaving credits left over to boot.

If we were adults only, totally think I'd be singing a different tune. But I think this will appeal to many families. And I'm hoping it's done right.

Living in Boston and close to the North End, its hard to find good Italian food in most other places. I have tried Napoli and Tutto, both sub-par to me.

I stay at Boardwalk for most of my vacations and this restaurant will not be on my radar. Sad it's not something more interesting

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter