• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what will replace Captain Eo?

Hobbes

DIS Veteran
sorry if this has been discussed recently-I did a quick search and couldn't find anything!:confused3
Has Captain Eo actually finished now and if so is there any word on what will replace it? Is HISTA coming back? What rumors have people heard;)

I don't think there's an actual end date for Captain EO yet, but there are a lot of rumours that a new show will come after. I haven't heard more details than that though...

HTH! :goodvibes

I'd be happy with just about anything. Well maybe not the training films from my high school job. But that's about it.. anything else:lmao:

My wife was SO fired up that I got to see Captain EO since it was a childhood favorite for her... I had to fake enthusiasm afterwards that I thought it was awesome. I think she knew I was faking it. But... hey, she probably fakes things for me, so it all works out.

My wife was SO fired up that I got to see Captain EO since it was a childhood favorite for her... I had to fake enthusiasm afterwards that I thought it was awesome. I think she knew I was faking it. But... hey, she probably fakes things for me, so it all works out.
:cool1: Best Dis Response Ever:cool1:

Yeah, I'd be pretty happy with just about anything replacing captain EO. I wish there was a way for them to "clean it up" so to speak and improve the 3D graphics. I felt motion sick when I left. But I felt the same way about HISTA.

Saw Captain EO in December and hated it. I was looking forward to it, but I was so disappointed. Hoping for something new soon.:upsidedow

I was just at Epcot last week and it was still there. It's a bit corny, but it was nice to see Michael Jackson again at his prime.

Wow. We got a kick out of Captain Eo. I'm not much of an MJ fan either. Then agian, almost anything is better than HISTA. That was just horrid and embarrassing for Disney.

Capt Eo is a Precursor to HISTA. It stars Michael Jackson in his prime, and harkens back to the early Star Wars days. It also bears a striking similarity to the Star Trek "Borg."

Yes, it's a bit cheesy. If you simply let it take you back on a journey to the days of big perms, then it's a fun little romp. No, it's not an e-ride type attraction, but it's not meant to be.

I have also heard th rumor that after CE a new concept is on the horizon.

the Imagination pavillion sorely needs a new attraction. That baby should WOW and instead the whole thing currently sputters.

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2::lmao::lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

Wouldn't be anything Marvel. Universal has Marvel. Would like to see something Tron, but after my honeymoon next year. My fiance's never been and I think he's enjoy Captain EO like I did when I was a kid.

I hope Eo goes soon. I was excited to see it on my last trip but after I did I realised that once was enough. That whole area is so dead now. When I was little I loved figment and those jumping water fountains. It's sad to see what that area has become

Disney owns part of Marvel now. That's why the stores carry spiderman and hulk items. What WOULD be sweet is if they did something with Iron Man.

OK CALLING IT: Iron Man to replace EO in the future.

my wife was so fired up that i got to see captain eo since it was a childhood favorite for her... I had to fake enthusiasm afterwards that i thought it was awesome. I think she knew i was faking it. But... Hey, she probably fakes things for me, so it all works out.

ha, ha, ha!!!!!!!!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::worship:

Disney owns Marvel now, but can they build a ride?

Disney owns part of Marvel now. That's why the stores carry spiderman and hulk items. What WOULD be sweet is if they did something with Iron Man.

OK CALLING IT: Iron Man to replace EO in the future.

Its been discussed a lot mostly in the Rumors and News forum.

Yes, Disney owns all of Marvel, its just that Universal owns the rights to all the characters that they currently use at their park and pays Disney for those rights.

Disney would have to buy back those rights in order to use them in Florida.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter