• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What will Disney mail to me and when will they do it?

Chelmarie53

Undercover Princess
My trip is still far away (unfortunately :sad2::laughing:) but I've already paid it off in full just to get it out of the way.

We have a MYW vacation package.

My question to you guys is this, is Disney going to mail me some kind of receipt some time soon? Or will they only be mailing me materials when I hit the 45 day or less mark? I know I'm able to view my reservation online using the Disney website, and I love that feature, but I've just been wondering if Disney is going to send a hard copy to me. I know they'll send me my stuff (Magical Express stickers, etc) when the trip gets closer...but do they send anything before that? :confused::)

Thanks! :flower3:

You will receive a receipt in the mail -- it takes up to two weeks -- and then at about 1 month out you will receive your other documents, separately. You will get a packet from ME, and a package from Disney. Enjoy your trip!

Thanks for the quick response! :)

My receipt should be coming in the mail soon, then! :cool1:

Well its not really a receipt just a statement on your account and showing a 0 balance. I got ours about 5 days after paying the trip off, and if your using DME you will get a envelope with the yellow DME luggage tags and a booklet with your vouchers for the ME inside, look them over as mine had the wrong return date. I called DME and they updated the computer with the correct info. Then I received an envelope with the WDW travel luggage tags, 1 for each in your party, and a booklet with your resort info in it and the planet hollowed vouchers, mini golf voucher and the sea raycer voucher, nothing big really but kind of cool as it makes it more official!!

^LOL, anything from Disney, even just a sheet of paper with the balance on it excites me! Makes things seem more real! :goodvibes

We booked our vacation through american express travel (used our bonus points to pay for most of it) We leave in 10 days and haven't received anything other than our ME packet. I know we are in the system because I booked our ADR's. Do we not receive anything if we used a travel agency--should I be worried?

We booked our vacation through american express travel (used our bonus points to pay for most of it) We leave in 10 days and haven't received anything other than our ME packet. I know we are in the system because I booked our ADR's. Do we not receive anything if we used a travel agency--should I be worried?

The TA should have the stuff, I would call and ask, not sure if you need the ME stuff but will make it easier for you also the WDW luggage tags are nice.

What if you're overseas? Do you still get anything?

As far as I can tell we miss out on some stuff booking from overseas as they won't mail anything internationally (luggage tags for example), but I'm worried all I'll have to show is a bunch of email print outs with confirmation numbers.

Any way I can confirm (phone, whatever) whether it's all ok?

Am worried about flying in from the other side of the world to arrive and be asked "where's you paperwork? Sorry, no reservation pack, no check in".

Any other international guests know?

I haven't received a final receipt in the mail for the last 3 trips I've booked with Disney. Just emails confirming I'm paid in full. the only thing I ever get is my DME tags as well as a packet from Disney with all my vouchers. They might even all come together, now I dont really remember. :(

we got our Mickey Mail last week and everything came in one envelope, vouchers, luggage tags and zero balance bill.

On a side note-I kinda miss the lanyards with the pins they used to give out.
Just me maybe...I never go to planet hollywood so thats kind of a waist and my kids are too small to do the sea racers. I think these "vouchers" are kinda lame and I'd prefer something else like a free snack voucher (woohoo funnel cake!) or something like that or one family appetizer at dinner yum-o. Here to wishing right...:wizard:

On a side note-I kinda miss the lanyards with the pins they used to give out.
Just me maybe...I never go to planet hollywood so thats kind of a waist and my kids are too small to do the sea racers. I think these "vouchers" are kinda lame and I'd prefer something else like a free snack voucher (woohoo funnel cake!) or something like that or one family appetizer at dinner yum-o. Here to wishing right...:wizard:[/COLOR]

Agreed, the vouchers are a waste of paper, 1 (one) round of free mini golf, what are the rest of the party going to do, not going to pay $20 PP for putt-putt.........:rolleyes: :sad2:

Planet Hollywood, I have had better meals out of a can!!!.......:sick: :sad2:

It would be nice if Disney would put useful vouchers in the booklet...;)

What phone number do you call for magical express? We leave in 20 days and have not received ME documents yet.

I ordered the free maps that Disney offers on their website. Very very cool, comes printed on thick paper with suggestions of what to do based on your picks with a customized letter head with your family name on it.

Co-workers who have been to Disney several times and never ordered the maps were impressed by them and they are a nice keepsake as well as something to get the kids excited.

We went in February this year and I made the reservations on disneyworld.com. I recieved an invoice in the mail every time I made a payment, a few weeks before the balance was due and after I paid the balance.

We are going back in September and I made the reservation over the phone. I've never gotten anything in the regular mail. I did received one confirmation e-mail when I made a payment, but I didn't get a single invoice or reminder when my balance was due or even after I paid the balance. It was weird to me, but it shows we are paid online, so I didn't worry about it.

Thanks for the quick response! :)

My receipt should be coming in the mail soon, then! :cool1:

We leave in 37 days and got our Magical Express package yesterday. Our resort package will probably come 3 weeks or so before our arrival, so very soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter