What will Cars Land WDW look like?

This year, I don't think they are going to get the boost they got last year from Frozen Summer Fun. Seems like a lot less buzz about it this spring, as well as about the movie itself.

You can also book it almost anyday...

It has it's appeal - no doubt...

But is probably already stale for what it is.

I mean...you've got what Star Wars fans are hoping is a movie that Will represent a 32 year release valve on anticipation that transitioned into frustration for the last 16...not for everyone but for many.

They couldn't run a Star Wars event through the summer that capitalized on that to freshen it up?

They are really pumping the summer resort discounts...so that tells me their down. Extending the Star Wars weekends that is actually unavailable to a little section of the country know as the "northeast megalopolis" - because of school calendars - would have solved that problem.

Management is just really short sighted now. Even when there's money to be made in some cases.

I don't like how slow these expansions are taking place. They could turn around the whole of Hollywood Studios in 18 months if they wanted but because of cost and other expansions, they are spreading it over time so its a smaller hit on yearly profits.

Magic Kingdom has had its expansion. Animal kingdom and Disney Springs are having theirs now. Hollywood Studios is on the cards and i really hope future world in Epcot gets the attention it deserves.

After them expansions and crowd attendance continuing to rise, they've got to start thinking of more resorts and a 5th Gate

I don't like how slow these expansions are taking place. They could turn around the whole of Hollywood Studios in 18 months if they wanted but because of cost and other expansions, they are spreading it over time so its a smaller hit on yearly profits.

Magic Kingdom has had its expansion. Animal kingdom and Disney Springs are having theirs now. Hollywood Studios is on the cards and i really hope future world in Epcot gets the attention it deserves.

After them expansions and crowd attendance continuing to rise, they've got to start thinking of more resorts and a 5th Gate
I agree except I don't see more resorts in the near future just DVC expansion. I really do wish they would do things faster.

part of the problem is a labor issue. imagineering is all on major projects mostly in shanjai. and disney has to compete with all the other parks in the area for construction work and right now two parks have major construction p[us they are finishing up at poly. then they are starting work on the wilderness project so several things are put on the back burner until they can get the labor.

part of the problem is a labor issue. imagineering is all on major projects mostly in shanjai. and disney has to compete with all the other parks in the area for construction work and right now two parks have major construction p[us they are finishing up at poly. then they are starting work on the wilderness project so several things are put on the back burner until they can get the labor.

You just barely beat me to this point. Between Avatarland, DTD, resort construction, limited construction at Epcot and DHS, plus everything else currently under construction in central Florida -- at some point there just aren't enough qualified construction companies to do the work, and the ones that are available have prices driven up because of demand. As long as DHS can limp along, Disney has no incentive to bid against itself for contractors to build a Star Wars land.

Actually you'd be surprised most imagineers are working on Shanghai from inside the U.S. The work going on with shendi and Disney has some sketchiness too it. Disney doesn't have a labor problem with imagineering and many imagineers work on multiple projects at a time. A lot of it has to do with money. Disney doesn't want to put forth the money to get projects done and spreading them out over multiple budgets helps that. DVC projects are much smaller scale compared to park expansion.

How does Universal build things so quickly?
Comcast sees that when they build people will come so money is put forth to get things done. With Comcast owning universal it's much different than how it was operated prior.

Comcast sees that when they build people will come so money is put forth to get things done.

This. It is not just about the raw cost, it is about the return on investment. Building the new Harry Potter lands was going to lead to gigantic spikes in attendance, which in turn fed a couple of new value hotels. The sooner those lands opened, the sooner they could start raking in huge amounts of cash.

In contrast, building new stuff at WDW doesn't lead to massive spikes in attendance. Those parks are already pretty crowded, and they can goose attendance with special events and hotel discounts that cost much less than building entire new lands. It makes less sense to "overpay" for construction at WDW by insisting on rush jobs.

WDW certainly could build quickly if they wanted to, just by paying overtime or paying enough to get crews to come in from out of town.

Disney doesn't want to put forth the money to get projects done and spreading them out over multiple budgets helps that. DVC projects are much smaller scale compared to park expansion.
Articos has said that labor contractors remain a major issue. Orlando is undergoing a construction boom making it difficult for Disney to compete. He told me that there's much more than just money that is informing construction times.

Articos has said that labor contractors remain a major issue. Orlando is undergoing a construction boom making it difficult for Disney to compete. He told me that there's much more than just money that is informing construction times.
I was referring more the imagineer point. I don't think their is a shortage with them. I agree with what you said.

OK so that's why when I was there last month all of the construcions zones at Universal were hives of activity, while the ones at WDW were abandoned? Actually, the Polynesian had a lot of construction workers. If disney wanted to pay, the construction would be complete, but they don't care.

OK so that's why when I was there last month all of the construcions zones at Universal were hives of activity, while the ones at WDW were abandoned? Actually, the Polynesian had a lot of construction workers. If disney wanted to pay, the construction would be complete, but they don't care.

Seeing where Disney focuses their construction resources - in your example the Polynesian (meaning DVC) - shows where their priorities lie.

They're not even finished with the Polynesian and we've already seen plans for Wilderness Lodge work and permits filed. No plans visible yet for anything with Pixar or Star Wars material. Wouldn't surprise me in the least that the next resort to have more DVC added is already the subject of future planning meetings. Probably already have the schematics drawn up and a pretty model sitting on a table.

The proof's in the pudding. Disney can build what they want when they want.

imagineers are put on ateam and once something begins construction they foxus on that project and they are the ones who do the designing so if they are all or most of them are working to get china up and running because its over budget and way behind schedule do to redtape and greasy palms. It was supposed to open this month and as of right now it will be late 206 if they are lucky getting it up and open. I realise that china is one of the worlds most populous countries but frankly with all the trouble they had with hong kong. I think Iger really screwed up with this one like eisner did with hong kong. any time you deal with a government as a partner you have tons of problems

That would be an instance where money comes into affect

imagineers are put on ateam and once something begins construction they foxus on that project and they are the ones who do the designing so if they are all or most of them are working to get china up and running because its over budget and way behind schedule do to redtape and greasy palms. It was supposed to open this month and as of right now it will be late 206 if they are lucky getting it up and open. I realise that china is one of the worlds most populous countries but frankly with all the trouble they had with hong kong. I think Iger really screwed up with this one like eisner did with hong kong. any time you deal with a government as a partner you have tons of problems
Disney has plenty of imagineers. Shanghai will open most likely May 8th 2016 based on what I've heard. As I have said with the involvement of Shendi the Shanghai government a lot of the imagineers that are working on the project are working on it from the U.S. Disney imagineers also do sometimes work on several projects at once. China is a brand new market for Disney they are represented very little there. It's not like the U.S. Where Disney is every where. A lot of people there don't know much of anything about Disney.

Comcast sees that when they build people will come so money is put forth to get things done. With Comcast owning universal it's much different than how it was operated prior.

And I personally believe that Comcast thinks it is important to diversify since there's a lot of competition and changes happening to their core business (Cable TV)

My guess is right about the time they finish DTD Disney will announce something solid about DHS. As we know Disney hates doing too many things at once even if it is as obvious as a slap in the face that it should be done yesterday.:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter