What Will Be Served At Star Wars Breakfast?

MickeyEars

DIS Veteran
I apologize if this has already been asked but has the menu been announced?
If not does anyone have any idea when it will be?

Thanks!!

Carla

Assortment of pastries, choice of fruit cup or yogurt parfait, choice of entree (these are still unknown) and a beverage.

Assortment of pastries, choice of fruit cup or yogurt parfait, choice of entree (these are still unknown) and a beverage.

Thanks for the reply!! I would love to know the entrée choices since DH is a picky eater.

Carla

I am curious too! DS is very picky especially at breakfast. I am hoping for at least a waffle or pancake choice!!

Disney's description (above) is lousy for the price. It sounds like a quick service meal..... Just more price gouging by Disney. I hope Disney comes up with something better/nicer for the menu or we might just cancel. I'm also hoping that it is more of an "experience" and not just the Star Wars characters walking around. I wonder if it is good enough to see the characters at Hollywood Studios during Star Wars Weekend. I don't have to get their autograph or even a picture with them.

For us (2 adults and 1 child) the breakfast is $134 or 2 DDP credits each person. To compare, Tusker House breakfast and lunch with characters is 1 credit each or about $96 out of pocket and it's a huge buffet with all kinds of delicious food.

We also reserved the Hollywood and Vine dinner which is also 2 credits per person or $168 out of pocket. That's outrageously expensive too. For that much, we could go to California Grill and have appetizers and a nice bottle of wine too!!!

Disney's description (above) is lousy for the price. It sounds like a quick service meal..... Just more price gouging by Disney. I hope Disney comes up with something better/nicer for the menu or we might just cancel. I'm also hoping that it is more of an "experience" and not just the Star Wars characters walking around. I wonder if it is good enough to see the characters at Hollywood Studios during Star Wars Weekend. I don't have to get their autograph or even a picture with them. For us (2 adults and 1 child) the breakfast is $134 or 2 DDP credits each person. To compare, Tusker House breakfast and lunch with characters is 1 credit each or about $96 out of pocket and it's a huge buffet with all kinds of delicious food. We also reserved the Hollywood and Vine dinner which is also 2 credits per person or $168 out of pocket. That's outrageously expensive too. For that much, we could go to California Grill and have appetizers and a nice bottle of wine too!!!

Since a it's Star Wars they're charging a fortune just for the theming. I agree with you, though.

Disney's description (above) is lousy for the price. It sounds like a quick service meal..... Just more price gouging by Disney. I hope Disney comes up with something better/nicer for the menu or we might just cancel. I'm also hoping that it is more of an "experience" and not just the Star Wars characters walking around. I wonder if it is good enough to see the characters at Hollywood Studios during Star Wars Weekend. I don't have to get their autograph or even a picture with them.

For us (2 adults and 1 child) the breakfast is $134 or 2 DDP credits each person. To compare, Tusker House breakfast and lunch with characters is 1 credit each or about $96 out of pocket and it's a huge buffet with all kinds of delicious food.

We also reserved the Hollywood and Vine dinner which is also 2 credits per person or $168 out of pocket. That's outrageously expensive too. For that much, we could go to California Grill and have appetizers and a nice bottle of wine too!!!

It's ALL about the experience and the "limited time" only! Though doesn't this menu sound like CRT? Do we know if it's AYCTE or just "one" entree?

Since a it's Star Wars they're charging a fortune just for the theming. I agree with you, though.

Our ADR is not until May 22 so I look forward to feedback after this starts. DS8 is kind of done with the regular characters but I think he will really like this since it is Star Wars. He enjoyed doing the Jedi Training Academy and will have me riding Star Tours over and over again. I'm hoping this will be more of an "experience" or "show" with the Star Wars characters acting out scenes or shooting or something. That would be fun! If the characters are just going to walk around for photos and autographs, that will be boring for us.....

Our ADR is not until May 22 so I look forward to feedback after this starts. DS8 is kind of done with the regular characters but I think he will really like this since it is Star Wars. He enjoyed doing the Jedi Training Academy and will have me riding Star Tours over and over again. I'm hoping this will be more of an "experience" or "show" with the Star Wars characters acting out scenes or shooting or something. That would be fun! If the characters are just going to walk around for photos and autographs, that will be boring for us.....

I'm hoping for that too! We will be going on the first day as that was already our planned DHS day - at least you will get some reviews first :) I think it's only the "bad" guys but hopefully they'll still put on a "show"!!

I wonder if it is good enough to see the characters at Hollywood Studios during Star Wars Weekend. I don't have to get their autograph or even a picture with them.

If all you want to do is see them from a distance, you do not need the meals. if you want to meet them, whether that involves just interacting, or includes photos or autographs, the meals would likely save you hours in line. (For what it's worth we did have one post from someone who said they know that Darth Vader will not be walking around, your party gets a photo op with him.)

I don't think anybody believes they are charging that much (and people are paying it) based on the food. This is a special event and people have been clamoring for the Star Wars characters. If that doesn't interest you much, there are plenty of far less expensive character breakfasts to choose from.

It's not price gouging- it's ridiculously expensive, but it is charging what the market will bear; that's supply and demand. It's a luxury product, not something people need. Gouging is profiteering off of products that are basic needs.

People don't even know what food is being served and many of the meals are fully booked. Clearly the product isn't the food- it's the characters!

We booked it once we heard about it but I figured it would be a buffet. For the price, Vader should be serving you himself!

We are paying a premium for the characters. I expect a basic breakfast similar to what I would get at another Disney breakfast. I'm sure there will be Mickey waffles and bacon somewhere in the options and a vegetarian option available.

If it bothers anyone enough to take away from their enjoyment, may I suggest not going? No need to ruin your morning over a breakfast.

I understand Disney charges what people will pay and many will defend the high prices. It's still ridiculously expensive for what Disney gave as a description of the meal. Come on... for that much money, they could make the menu more special. My point was it sounds like a QS meal. I reserved the breakfast and the dinner (at H&V). Although H&V is not my favorite for food... at least the description of the menu sounds like something much much more than a QS breakfast. I guess we will all have to wait until the 1st review. Then I'll decide whether to keep the breakfast or not.

If all you want to do is see them from a distance, you do not need the meals. if you want to meet them, whether that involves just interacting, or includes photos or autographs, the meals would likely save you hours in line. (For what it's worth we did have one post from someone who said they know that Darth Vader will not be walking around, your party gets a photo op with him.)

I don't think anybody believes they are charging that much (and people are paying it) based on the food. This is a special event and people have been clamoring for the Star Wars characters. If that doesn't interest you much, there are plenty of far less expensive character breakfasts to choose from.

It's not price gouging- it's ridiculously expensive, but it is charging what the market will bear; that's supply and demand.

People don't even know what food is being served and many of the meals are fully booked. Clearly the product isn't the food- it's the characters!

We booked it once we heard about it but I figured it would be a buffet. For the price, Vader should be serving you himself!

:chewy:I am assuming whatever Aunt Beru was making for Luke and Uncle Owen in Episode IV. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I understand Disney charges what people will pay and many will defend the high prices. It's still ridiculously expensive for what Disney gave as a description of the meal. Come on... for that much money, they could make the menu more special. My point was it sounds like a QS meal. I reserved the breakfast and the dinner (at H&V). Although H&V is not my favorite for food... at least the description of the menu sounds like something much much more than a QS breakfast. I guess we will all have to wait until the 1st review. Then I'll decide whether to keep the breakfast or not.

I agree it sounds like a QS meal. But I still think you aren't paying for the meal. They could probably charge just as much for a Star Wars meet and greet and skip the food altogether. Food just provides a way to have the organize people in an orderly fashion (sitting at tables) and make them forget they are essentially waiting in line for their turn (because they are occupied with eating).

Also I'm not DEFENDING the high prices. Yes, the prices are high. But you aren't paying for the food. You could go to several restaurants on property and purchase a similar breakfast for a quarter of the cost. You're paying because you want to have Star Wars characters come to you, instead of waiting in line to see them. And they may spend a little longer with you than a quick sign and run because there won't be as many others waiting.

The breakfast has a LOT of bookings even without knowing exactly what is being served. Including mine. I don't even like breakfast, nor do I like character meals but I'm an old school Star Wars fan. I just want to see what they do with the place, and meet some bad guys without spending 2 hours in line. I haven't met many of them because I won't do the lines. And it already sounds like quite a lot of food to me, maybe that's because I'm not a breakfast lover. Dinner is the same old Hollywood & Vine, the food isn't going to change, but they can charge twice as much because people want to see these characters.

They should get it together to serve some blue milk though...

........ You're paying because you want to have Star Wars characters come to you, instead of waiting in line to see them. And they may spend a little longer with you than a quick sign and run because there won't be as many others waiting.....I'm an old school Star Wars fan...... I just want to see what they do with the place, and meet some bad guys without spending 2 hours in line......They should get it together to serve some blue milk though...

That's what I was thinking. I was spoiled by low crowds on my past trips. I think it's great that Disney is having these SW character meals on other days of the week (not Star Wars Weekend). I'm looking forward to enjoying that... then just "rolling with the crowd" on Star Wars Weekend without worrying about lines for characters or having to be there at 5am to line up... but depending on the celebrities, I may be there 5am anyway. I saw the original Star Wars in the movie theater when it came out in 1977. Wish I was going in June when "Luke" will be there. I know nothing about the sequels like the Clone Wars so I'm buying/renting some of these films. Not so sure about the blue milk!!!

I apologize if this has already been asked but has the menu been announced? . . .

I think the menu includes
. . . Wookie Waffles
. . . Endor Eggs
. . . Padawan Potatoes
. . . Sith Suasage and Grievous Gravy
. . . Mindtrick Melons
. . . Qui-Gon Quiche
. . . Jeti Juice
. . . Hyperspace Hot Chocolate

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter