• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what will AAA do now that soda is free on the ship?

christisamantha

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know what AAA will offer now that soda is free on the ships? Part of our incentive for booking with AAA was that they offered the "soda and mugs" for those who booked through them...now I am not sure what the advantage would be?

Thanks for any info.

Getting a $50 shipboard credit is nice, I believe that AAA is better priced over other travel agencies.

For the time being, AAA is offering stateroom credits instead of the drink mugs. The amount of credit is based on category level and length of cruise.

"Beginning June 12 on the Disney Magic® and June 13 on the Disney Wonder®, AAA/CAA Travel
will receive a new member benefit. Clients who purchase a Disney Cruise will receive an onboard
credit good toward merchandise, spa treatments, shore excursions and other onboard activities. This
benefit replaces the complimentary soda program, which will now be available to all Guests at the
24-hour beverage station on Deck 9 Aft and during meal hours at Topsider Buffet/Beach Blanket Buffet.
Complimentary sodas will also be available on Castaway Cay at Cookie’s Bar-B-Q and the adult-only
beach, Serenity Bay. Sodas will remain complimentary in full-service dining rooms.

The following AAA/CAA exclusive member benefits still apply:
• 10 percent discount on merchandise onboard at Treasure Ketch with a minimum of $75 purchase
• 10 percent discount on snorkeling, bicycle and .oat rentals at Castaway Cay
• AAA Vacations® Diamond Card privileges and access to the AAA VIP Lounge located in
Tomorrowland in the Magic Kingdom® Park (one visit per party) when Theme Park admission
is included in a 7-Night Land & Sea Package.
*Any unused portions are non-refundable and non-transferable. Onboard credit is combinable with other
onboard credits. Onboard credit amounts shown in U.S. dollars.

Itinerary Stateroom Onboard Credit*
3 or 4-night cruise Categories 10-12 (Inside) $ 25 per stateroom
3 or 4-night cruise Categories 1-9 (Outside) $ 50 per stateroom
7-night cruise Categories 10-12 (Inside) $ 75 per stateroom
7-night cruise Categories 1-9 (Outside) $150 per stateroom"

I am not sure if you would be able to combine credits (ie - if you received a credit for booking onboard) or how long this will be offered by AAA. Hope that helps!

The above post is totally correct. For example, we have 3 category 6 cabins for our upcoming trip and we will have a $150 credit per cabin.
Robin M.

Have I missed something here? Since when is there no charge for soda onboard? It's always been free at sit down meals...Mark

This has just happened in the last week. There is still a charge for soda at the bars and room service, but you can get it for free at the beverage station on deck 9 anytime. No more soda mugs or stickers.
This has an effect on everyone, but especially people who had already booked with AAA--since that is one of their major perks (the soda mugs for everyone in the party) they are offering this stateroom credit.
Robin M.

Right everyone, the free soda on Deck 9 affects those of us who booked with AAA.

Yesterday my AAA TA said she was going to check on what compensation DCL will give us since we booked our Thanksgiving cruise back in January. She knew that those booking in the future will receive the onboard credit based upon which category stateroom you book, but it still wasn't clear if we would be eligible for such a credit since we already booked.

:confused: So, my question for the ever wise DISboarders is...anyone already booked with AAA under the free souvenir mug deal and now getting a stateroom credit in place of that mug deal?

Thanks!
Laura ºoº

MOMSGOOFY:

I was told by my AAA last Friday (when we transferred our ressie from DCL to them) that DCL has to do something to compensate for the mugs because that has been a big incentive for AAA and DCL for years. She said they just came out with the new incentives, so she doubts this will change (for the onboard credits). Since our's is for the August 2005 cruise, DCL could not send confirmation to my TA because they will not have the 2005 incentives posted until September. But they said it should still remain as onboard credits to replace the soda package.

We shall see....

i talked to my AAA rep yesterday and she said we would be geting a $150 onboard credit and we booked last year. we are in a cat 8. i believe 9 thru 12 are getting $75 on board credit.

Originally posted by mark & sandra
Have I missed something here? Since when is there no charge for soda onboard? It's always been free at sit down meals...Mark

It started last week. I guess you were to busy making the Repo Cruisers Laugh, me especially, thanks, that the topic never came up! Plus aren't we drinking Zinfindal anyways!LOL

Scratch
pirate:

momsgoofy -
We booked last fall as well under the "free soda" program. I called my AAA TA as soon as I heard about the change in soda
program on DCL. She looked into it and called me back promptly. The bottom line - YES, we now get the stateroom credit in its place. (We cruise in August).

happy sailing!

DDluvstitch - Good for you. I am glad to see AAA do this for you. - Mike

DDluvstich,

Thanks for the info! I will give my AAA TA a call later to check bases with her.

I know I can always count on the DISboards for answers!

Laura ºoº

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter