What, when?

macfamily

Mouseketeer
HI there!

My family's going to Disney in December this year, and I was wondering at what point in the planning should I be, at 5 months from the date? I don't want to put anything off until it's too late...

Is there a trip-planning timeline somewhere that I might be able to work with?

Thanks! :)

At this point, I would be getting my reservation for my resort in order...even if you are waiting for a possible code to come out, you can always change/cancel it..(make sure you have that option when you make your ressie, most times it is 5 day cancellation, with packages it is different, I think.)

If you have any dining reservations/character meals you should check out how far in advance you can make them...some are 90 days, 120 days..call the dining reservation phone number now, tell them what day you want the ressie, and they will tell you exactly what day to call back...call EARLY for the reservations-when the phones open...(9:00 EST, I think???) for Cinderella's breakfast, seconds can make the difference of having a ressie, or not!

Start saving your money...you should have been doing that for about a year by now... :rotfl: :rotfl:

If you haven't bought one yet, pick up an Unofficial Guide to WDW...great resource for info, and really great way to get excited about your trip..I have been to WDW many times, and I still enjoy reading it!!(they have a good strategy for making your Cinderella ressie..)

Not much else I can think of right now, anyone else??

Have a great time!! :thumbsup2

You didn't say if you'd already made reservations. If not, I'd do that ASAP. We going in December too. We've made all our ADR's, except for the CP package. We've already got our MVMCP tickets. Just waiting to go now :hourglass

To get breakfast At Cyn Castle you have to get those ressie fast. The phone lines open at 7am EST. You must call right at 7 because by 7:05 they are all booked. It took me 4 days strait of trying. We got them though. Good Luck.

I'm going in December as well. :wave: I already have all reservations, including ADR's, tours and MVMCP tickets. Don't panic though as people on these boards tend to be a little freaky :crazy: when it comes to the planning. I am waiting until things are a little closer to do my itemized daily itineraries although I already have a loose idea of where we will be when. The guide books and this board are great places for information special things to do so have fun with the planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter