• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What were your top three toys you received at Christmastime?

Kitty 34

Hums in her sleep
My gas station/parking garage I got from Santa when I was 5.

A really cool "town" mat in which I could move the cars on the roads by way of magnets under the card table.

A 6-story cardboard hospital with a moving (with the help of me cranking it up or down) elevator. This was my all time favorite gift as a child from Santa. :santa:

My gas station/parking garage I got from Santa when I was 5.

A really cool "town" mat in which I could move the cars on the roads by way of magnets under the card table.

A 6-story cardboard hospital with a moving (with the help of me cranking it up or down) elevator. This was my all time favorite gift as a child from Santa. :santa:

Rub-a-Dub Dolly. I wanted her SO, SO bad I thought I was going to die if I didn't get her.

I got her! :thumbsup2

She's in the middle: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...=G&gbv=2&tbs=isch:1&ei=8o0STZbFEI6ksQO-gu2HCg

SO SORRY! I was so excited about sharing Rub-a-Dub and finding a picture of her I forgot the other two:

Skates. I wanted skates and I got them. And yes, I mean the kind with the metal wheels.

Money. One year Santa gave me a box of money. I was a freakin' MILLIONAIRE!!!!!!!!

I loved dolls when I was little and can still remember the actual moments of finding many of them under the Christmas tree. :goodvibes

As a teen, a new car in the driveway was the best! :thumbsup2

ETA: Forgot the 3rd thing...a nurse's kit. LOVED it!!! Little did I know that 19 years later I'd be using the real thing on actual patients.

Barbie Plane!
Barbie Dream house
Crissy doll

Barbie Plane!
Barbie Dream house
Crissy doll

NO WAY! You got the Barbie Plane! We got the Barbie car, NOT the Corvette, and the Barbie pool. I loved that pool but I had to share it with my sister.

Three things pop to mind. An avocado-green colored toy stove. It was not the cheap plastic types that are sold these days. It was pretty big and made of a light metal. Another favorite toy was Animal from the Muppet movies. Oh, and as a teen, it was a drum set.

The most meaningful was a little doll that my mom bought. It was just a cheap little doll, but I was not expecting any presents that year because we were so broke that there were times when we didn't know where our next meal was coming from. That gift meant the world to me.

NO WAY! You got the Barbie Plane! We got the Barbie car, NOT the Corvette, and the Barbie pool. I loved that pool but I had to share it with my sister.

I remember that little cart the most- the little soda cans - oh I loved it.

desk and chair from Santa when I was 5....we still have it. Painted it and DD loves it (and she is 28 :rotfl:

life size doll in a princess dress....and DM got one too

Barbie doll with a complete wardrobe that an aunt made and won some award for...still have her and all her clothes

ToP three is tough....I will limit it to actual childhood :)

3. Wheel of Fortune game. LOVED that show and that we could play at home!
2. 1st Cabbage Patch Doll: Candace (she was later dollnapped by my wretched step-sister when she went back to live with her mom. UGH!)
1. Cabbage Patch: Twins. Just gave them up when we moved up here. They were kept in a trunk in the garage and hadnt seen the light of day in years.

Top gift as a teen was when I asked for and received (to my shock and delight) a Gucci purse. But that wasn't a toy and it would have bumped someone off of the above list.

-Chatty Cathy doll from my maternal grandmother.

-A ballerina doll. She was a large plastic doll with a crown on her head. When you pushed on the center of the crown, she would twirl around on one toe. From my paternal grandmother. My mother told me what the gift was before we went to their house because for some reason she thought I wouldn't like it. I LOVED it. I also really enjoyed the fact that my very staid and uptight grandmother loved that doll herself and kept making it twirl. Funny how memories are-- I know I played with that doll a lot, but my only real memory of it is watching my grandmother, standing in her dining room, making that doll twirl around while saying, "See? This is how you do it. Did you get that? Let me show you again..."

-A birdcage music box.

1. Holly Hobbie Easy Bake Oven
2. McDonald's Playland set, with train and McDonald's characters...it was pretty cool!!
3. Not a toy, but I remember going CRAZY over a pair of denim "gauchos" that I got, with a macrame belt! I must have been in 3rd or 4th grade. I thought I was hot stuff!!:rotfl:

Hi Kitty! Guess what! I got a gas station/parking garage when I was five too! I thought I was the only female who liked things like that! My other fave two were (and this really dates me) a Chatty Cathy doll and a red wagon. Hope that you have a very Merry Christmas!

my favorites were

spirograph

vacc-u-form a machine that you plugged in and put a sheet of plastic on
it with a mold (like a car, coin, etc). when the plastic got hot,
you lowered the plastic down over the mold and pumped a thing
on the side to cool it down to form the shape. i tried making
barbie shoes but no luck. it would be banned today because it
was really hazzardous.

hotwheels the loop drag set

i was a tomboy who did like dolls and dollhouses. my dad had as much fun
with the vaccuform and hotwheels as i did.

A jack-in-the-box..I was really little then.. That was the year that my sister was in the hospital with polio for 9 months and I remember sitting in the waiting room (with my older brother) playing with it..

A very large two-story doll house - that was actually a model house from a real estate firms front window.. Don't ask me how my dad scored that one - LOL.. He probably swapped them a couple of mink or something.. (He raised mink for a good number of years - in addition to his regular job..)

Figure skates.. Loved to skate when I was a kid - would love to do it now, but at my age (61) the fear of breaking bones in a possible fall is just a little too risky for me.. Dang! :headache:

:santa:

Well I thought I was the cat's meow the year I got
the Fisher Price Village!
One year it was a Baby Dear Doll
and one year a Cotton Candy Maker

In chronological order-

1- 1972, got the Fisher Price Little People schoolhouse. My cousin got the Little People farm the same Christmas, and we played with them for hours.

2- 1974, got the Barbie Townhouse!!! 3 stories with the cool elevator- Malibu Barbie, Skipper, and Ken all lived there.

3- 1980, Minnetonka moccasins in white. I wore those shoes everywhere with everything all through high school!!

Honorable mention goes to 1975, when I was in the middle of my figure skating craze. Got really nice Rydell skates and Mom made me a beautiful lavender skating dress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter