What were your parent's occupations?

Mom was the infamous homemaker...and a secretary.

Dad was Chief Test Engineer for an engineering company.

Mom was a waitress/cake decorator, Dad is a truck driver, bio father was a steel mill worker

Mom was a SAHM
and
Dad was a Philadelphia Highway Patrol Officer. :)

My Dad was part owner of a large trucking company in the Chicago area.

My Mom was a SAHM. With 6 kids spanning 16 years oldest to youngest, I'm sure she would have enjoyed getting out a bit more. My Mom was involved in the PTA at all of the schools we attended. Since my Dad wasn't home much during the week, Mom did a lot of raising of us alone.

My father was a "launch pad scientist", working at Kennedy Space Center for 20 years.

My Mom was a HS teacher.

My MIL is a retired physician and full-time world traveler.

My FIL was a psychologist/counselor & Episcopal Minister prior to his death. For you "Chicagoites", he founded the counseling center for the Episcopal Cathedral (St. James???) in Chicago & is buried in a little side garden between the Cathedral & the street.

Nice to see other professors' kids here!! :wave2:

btw...My dad was a Biology professor.

NHAnn....my middle DS is heading off to college to hopefully become a CPA. :)

My Dad is a funeral director (but not a creepy dull one! hes funny!!) ,works for the Dept. of Homeland Security, and is a member of DMORT (Disaster Mortuary Operational Response Team... he is a nationally recognized leader/trainer for the group..go Dad!!) He is a man with a big heart that just likes any chance to help people...
Mom works at Childrens Hospital as a psychomotrist (sp?) ... she tests kids for the psychologists and is also a leaders of NAP (national association of psychomotrists).

Mom was SAHM, dad was in the restaurant industry.

My mom does marketing for an insurance salesman.
My dad worked for the phone company...he did computer stuff (training) before he retired.

My Mom--homemaker, housecleaner and then Administrative Asst. (oddly enuf, she always wanted to be a hairsylist---MY current profession!!)
Stepdad--he was professional (high management) in firm that builds ball bearings (passed away in '88)
Biological Dad (er, I mean "sperm donor")--he was an embezzeler (passed away in '98)

My father was a regional claim manager for a large insurance company based in Hartford, Ct. he retired in 1988. Every time he was promoted, we moved to a different area. We lived in a lot ot towns in Texas, a couple in Louisiana, Ohio, Connecticut. He ended up in North Carolina for 20 years before he died in 1998.

My mom is a very active retiree at 74. She taught middle and high school before she met my dad and until the older of my baby brothers was born
(when I was 13). She was a SAHM after that.

My dad was an engineer for the government and he was head of the engineering crew that built fertilizer factories for the government.

My mom worked as head of logistics for the same company that my dad worked for, and after that she worked in newspaper publishing.

After they retired, both worked together building houses and running a cable factory with another partner.

Both of my parents took early retirement packages. Mom was a patent secretary; Dad was a tool & die maker.

My mom is a full time certified pain in the *** and my dad is a quality control auditor. :)

Dad: Navy, now retired and works as a contract employee---has engineering and business degrees--whatever he does combines those efforts and his military background.

Mom: Navy, medically discharged became trained chef but had to quit and is now 100% disabled and will finally get to enjoy life instead of wasting it behind a desk and in pain. She now e-bays for fun :)

Mom: teller at a credit union

Dad: drove big rigs/18-wheelers for many years, but now owns a small moving company

PS I learned finances thru my mom and being a clutterbug and seller-of-junks from my dad - he sells his surplus that his customers don't want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter