• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What were your favorite TV shows when you were a kid?

DisneyLoverUSA

DIS Veteran
I'm showing my age by telling mine.

Mine were The Bugaloos, Sigmund The Sea Monster, Land of the Lost, HR Puffnstuff, The Partridge Family and the Donnie & Marie show.

Brady Bunch, Land of the Lost, Little House on the Prairie

ETA - How could I forget Romper Room?! I seriously didn't go back far enough.

This really, really dates me, but I will be 58 in a few days----Captain Kangaroo!!!:thumbsup2

The first shows I remember enjoying were Land of Play, Romper Room and Captain Kangaroo. :goodvibes After kindergarten I remember enjoying Father Knows Best, Lucy, Ozzie & Harriet, The Donna Reed Show, and Leave it to Beaver.

When I was older I loved The Monkees, The Banana Splits, The Monroes, Bonanza, Gunsmoke, Twilight Zone, Perry Mason, Land of the Lost, HR Puffnstuff, Here Come the Brides, The Brady Bunch.

Then in later high school years it was Little House on the Prairie, The Waltons and Happy Days.

Oh, and Dark Shadows. :lovestruc

I'm showing my age by telling mine.

Mine were The Bugaloos, Sigmund The Sea Monster, Land of the Lost, HR Puffnstuff, The Partridge Family and the Donnie & Marie show.

You've listed a lot of mine, but you forgot Shazam and Oh Might Isis!

Of course, Brady Bunch, Apple's Way and all those Battle of the Network Stars shows!

Younger years were Dukes of Hazzard, Wonder woman, Little house, The Muppet Show

Later years were Cosby show, Cheers, Night Court, Roseanne, Full House

Leave it To Beaver

Dennis the Menace

Dark Shadows when I hit Jr High

Brady Bunch, Partridge Family, Wonderful World of Disney, Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, Nanny and the Professor, My Three Sons, The Flying Nun

the Brady Bunch, Bugs Bunny and Road Runner show, the Dukes of Hazzard, Little House on the Prairie, the Waltons, the Smurfs, then later, Full House, Perfect Strangers

The Muppet Babies, The Wuzzles, Dumbo's Circus, Reading Rainbow, Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego, Growing Pains, Mr. Belvadere, Facts of Life, Silver Spoons,Rainbow Brite, Strawberry Shortcake, Punky Brewster, Kids Inc. , TGIF, SNICK, basically every 80's kids show. :rotfl:

Where do I begin?

Cartoons
SMURFS!
Bugs Bunny
Garfield & Friends
Scooby Doo

Sit-Coms
Cosby Show
Happy Days
Mork and Mindy
Brady Bunch (reruns)
Benson
MASH
The Wonder Years

Other
Love Boat
Fantasy Island
Rip Tide
A Team
The Fall Guy
Remington Steele
Scarecrow and Mis. King
Moonlighting

Pre-School
Mr. Rogers
The Electric Company
Sesame Street
The Magic Garden (with Paula and Carol)
Wonderama

Uggh. I know there's bunches more. And I complain about my kids watching too much!

Ultraman
Good times
Gilligans Island
The Jeffersons
6 million dollar man
Bionic woman

I grew up in Tampa, and my all time favorite was Creature Feature with Dr. Paul Bearer on channel 44, Saturday mornings at 12.

Every week was a different "Horrible Old Movie" like Return of Mothra or Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Most of them were ABC shows, for some reason: Brady Bunch, Partridge Family, Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, Welcome Back Kotter and Mork & Mindy. And for some reason, The Love Boat on Saturday nights.

Where we lived we got good reception on our TV antenna for the ABC and NBC stations but reception for the CBS station was marginal at best. So we really had to like a CBS show to endure the "snow" and other reception problems. My parents loved All In The Family and spinoffs The Jeffersons and Maude (also Good Times, which was a spinoff from Maude, which made it a spinoff of a spinoff).

Little house, Bionic Woman, Happy days. I watched Gilligan's Island and Brady Bunch because there were only 10 channels and other than talk shows there was nothing else on in the late afternoon after school! I loved saturday morning programming-especially loved the Premier show they would show one friday evening in August before the saturday morning shows would begin again.

also snuck in watching MASH and QUINCY - I absolutely loved Quincy but it was on past my bedtime.

The Lone Ranger
Sky King
Circus Boy
Mickey Mouse Theater
Yogie Bear

I grew up in Tampa, and my all time favorite was Creature Feature with Dr. Paul Bearer on channel 44, Saturday mornings at 12.

Every week was a different "Horrible Old Movie" like Return of Mothra or Creature from the Black Lagoon.

We had Creature Double Feature up here in Boston. It was on channel 56 on Saturday afternoon. Everyone who grew up in the 70's still remembers it.
images-creature+double+feature.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter