What were you not allowed to order on the Dining Plan?

The only restriction we ran into was at the Sci-Fi Dine-In -- I was allowed to order a milkshake as either my drink or my dessert, but it wasn't allowed as a drink or a dessert for the kids' meal.

I am on DP for my December plan, along with DH and DD8. We are using a TS each for the CP dinner package at Le Cellier. On allears it states "Dinner packages do not include lobster entrées". I contacted DD to find out if this applies to those who are using the DDP because I have not read anywhere that there is a restriction on which entrees can be ordered. DD said they did not see a note pertaining to any restrictions on entrees, regardless of whether you have the DDP or not.

Also, has anyone not been able to order a dessert for there age 3-9 children because it was "not on the child's menu"?

When I called to get an ADR changed, I mentioned to the CM that we were dining at Teppenyaki and seeing the CP on our first night. She offered to upgrade it to a CP package. She explained all the jargon about not cancelling and being charged. I then asked "are there any restrictions with the package that I wouldn't normally have for the DDP?" She said "No, all the rules are the same."

MMMM gladware....not a bad idea!!!! What about creme brulee? Do you think they'd notice if I took off with their little ceramic dishes? :earseek:

Everyone always asks about what constitutes a non-alcoholic beverage at a TS but no one ever asks about the CS!! I think Oogie-boogie was able to get the Jasmine iced green tea at the terrance noodle station as a beverage. Anyone else get an unusual drink? I'm curious if the frozen cokes at Backlot Express count as a beverage or a dessert. Of course, I'll be there in Dec. and a frozen coke may not sound all that great if its 50 degrees outside.

I read on another thread that a recent tripper was able to get a virgin strawberry daquari as her beverage at Ohanas. I'm going to ask for a pina colada. It never hurts to ask! :goodvibes

At Tony's we purchased the smoothies in the keepsake glass for my dd5 and dd7 -- we knew we had to pay for them so no problem. But after dinner my dd5 wanted a chocolate milk (she hadn't had a drink w/dinner besides the Smoothie). The waitress was very put out and said that it wasn't on the dining plan and we would have to pay for that too. I inquired wasn't she supposed to get a drink with the plan but waitress very rudely said no so we paid for the milk instead of dealing with the hassle.

we ate in Japan on 9/27 and were only allowed salad as apps and ice cream as desert.

also pepper market only cookie or muffin for desert.

Kona, Concourse Steakhouse, allowed virgin pina colada, and Rose & Crown allowed strawberry smothies.

snacks at Riverside Mill varied by time of day. Some things didn't come out till 11 so it depends on what time of day you purchase. They allowed milkshake as desert.

WDWorBUST said:
The only restriction we encountered was at Pepper Market only being allowed a cookie or muffin - and I still am ticked about it. We wouldn't have gotten two regular desserts if we had known that. But we weren't told until we went to pay. And then when I spoke to a manager (he just happened to be standing there - I didn't seek him out) that they need to let people know that and I felt like it should be more consistent from restaurant to restaurant since we were allowed banana splits at the All-Stars he just said "I hear it every day" and was totally dismissive of me. That is probably what made me angrier than anything.

Another reason we don't eat at Pepper Market anymore with the dining plan. The Q&C vouchers were great there though! We could have really great desserts at the all star resorts though! Like you mentioned...

The only thing we noticed different this time is that last time they encouraged us to get smoothies for the kids on the dining plan (that we paid for in June) and this time the ONE time we asked about having smoothies.. they said it wasn't allowed.

Pandamom- that waitress was wrong. They are supposed to get a drink with the plan and that is totally uncool that they charged you for both the smoothie and the milk!

That is crazy for a place to not allow you a dessert to go. Unless ofcourse they meant they had no stuff to put your dessert in FOR you to take it to go. but I assume that would mean you could have it to go- like if you wanted to take it in your hands (LOL) or had gladware with you like someone else mentioned. LOL (which btw might not be a bad idea- even the places that do have stuff to put your food in to go don't have lids that shut well or wrap it in foil which we all know doesn't keep well and everything gets smooshed. Like my smores dessert from Primetime was just too paper plates put on each side of the smores- nothing to hold it together! That didn't last long... the smores stuck to both plates and I couldn't pry them apart later- the marshmallows were like glue on those plates LOL)

Both trips we got lobster tails dinner at Captain Jacks with the dining plan. So that's atleast one place that we know of that allow it on the dining plan. :)

We just got back a week ago and were allowed the dessert samplers in Alfredos, Le Chef de France and anywhere else that had them. They did take 2 credits but there is no way you could eat one by yourself anyway, they are huge!

We were just there 9/28-10/3. We had the free dining plan added to our package. We didnt know what to expect, but were pleasantly suprised. We knew we had 5 table service each, 5 counter service each, and 5 snacks each. There were 2 of us. We didnt even think about what was covered, we just ordered a regular counter lunch and a regular dinner with salad and desert and usually bottles of water as our snacks, Any time we had alcohol, we just paid for it and tipped accordingly. The tip for the meal is already covered in the plan, so we just tipped on the alcohol. I think it is the easiest plan to follow. I dont understand all of the saving points for this meal or paying out of pocket for some things to use the plan on other things. Why not just use the plan the way it is designed to be used? It works great.

taylorl25 said:
We just got back a week ago and were allowed the dessert samplers in Alfredos, Le Chef de France and anywhere else that had them. They did take 2 credits but there is no way you could eat one by yourself anyway, they are huge!

I must need more coffee but this confuses me. How can the dessert portion of the meal require 2 credits? I'm assuming these are TS credits, correct? Is that the only item you ordered? Would the entire meal have been only 1 TS credit if you hadn't ordered the dessert sampler?

Off to get more coffee... :)

The dessert sampler counts as two dessert credits, so two people must share the sampler, we were told the same thing at Le Cellier.

diznyfanatic said:
I must need more coffee but this confuses me. How can the dessert portion of the meal require 2 credits? I'm assuming these are TS credits, correct? Is that the only item you ordered? Would the entire meal have been only 1 TS credit if you hadn't ordered the dessert sampler?

Off to get more coffee... :)
2 people had to order the dessert for it to be covered on the dining plan.
HTH

BBGirl said:
2 people had to order the dessert for it to be covered on the dining plan.
HTH

Oh I see! So two people had to agree to use that as their dessert and share it for it to be covered. Thanks for the explanation!

That not getting dessert to go is crap. Basically that's a lazy waiter.

We were on the silver plan and the waiter at Alfredo's packaged up our desserts, put our coffee in paper cups with lids, AND gave us bottled water. Now that's service.

diznyfanatic said:
Oh I see! So two people had to agree to use that as their dessert and share it for it to be covered. Thanks for the explanation!

The sampler is priced and sized for sharing.

someone had posted the manager at Teppana (sp??) in Japan said that disney audits every check and will not remburse them for items they don't cover ie Lobster. I think you will see many more adjustments being made as the bugs slowly get worked out.

We were there September 22 - 26.

At Tangierine Cafe you could only have baklava for dessert - mind you it was delicious so we didn't complain haha!

At Kona Cafe for BREAKFAST, you couldn't have the specialty coffees and appetizers and desserts weren't allowed at all. We WERE able to order those awesome smoothies, but next time I'd think twice about wasting a TS credit when you don't get a 3 course meal. I love Kona Cafe, but I'd probably pay for the meal so I could use the TS elsewhere.

At Pepper Market for breakfast you lost your dessert credit obviously, but for lunch or dinner, we were able to get a combination of THREE items for dessert. We each got a churro, a cookie and a brownie and they all counted as our one dessert.

goodferry said:
The dessert sampler counts as two dessert credits, so two people must share the sampler, we were told the same thing at Le Cellier.
You might want to check out the updated menus on AllEars...the sampler is no longer on LeCellier's menu. I'd have been happy to share it, but it's not available any longer.

This is very minor- at Pecos Bills, Cosmic Rays & Tusker House, we were given LARGE sodas when we ordered our soft drinks. So, when I ordered lunch at Yakitori House and said, "Large soda" she quickly said, "No, small soda on dining plan." She could have very well been right, but I thought it was odd all the other places gav eus the gigantic sodas.

I remember at Wilderness Lodge I believe it was, the waiter told us, "No appetizer if you eat the all you can eat meal (I think I already assumed that), but you can get an appetizer if you choose an individual entree." Made sense to me. He also said, "You can order a milkshake for your drink, and then a dessert later, but say you would like a Coke later on in the meal, then your milkshake will count as your dessert." Again, made sense to me.

Other than that, I cannot remember anywhere else where we could or could not order anything different than was on the menu. We found it very easy to navigate. The lady at Tusker House was EXTREMELY nice and easy going;; I said, "Gosh, I really am not in the mood for another dessert, so can we just skip it?" She said, "Well, how about you order some grapes instead? You can do that." I thought that was awesome! I think you HAVE to get the dessert if you are on the plan- at least counter service must count their desserts at the end of the night and see if they gave out the right amount according to how many dining plan people there were that day. At Pecos Bills I said the same thing and she gave them to me anyway. I'm glad there- those peanut butter mousse things were TASTY! :goodvibes

We were allowed milkshakes for the kids drinks, but beware as the kids dessert is ice cream (you will find most of the TS places are ice cream for kids) so that was a lot of ice cream that day for them, they were not complaining though!!

We were NOT allowed anything but sodas at Tepanyaki, I would not go to the place again BTW...no lobster...appetizer was a SMALL TINY salad...like 1/2 c salad...and we were told BEFORE we even ordered, nothing but sodas and NO LOBSTER...also nothing for desert except ICE CREAM (even for adults) even though they have another desert menu... :confused3
with all the unique places is WDW, I will try another place at EPCOT next time.

At CM we were allowed shakes(kind of icy, not creamy or smooth) and smoothies (good but tart for little kids my dd said) and our waiter told us up front we could order any kind of beverages off the menu non alchoholic...he was really nice

the Sci fi waiter was helpful too...

Captain Cooks at the Poly was VERY VERY generous with credits and they have a LONG list for you to look at if you are confused over what counts for what BTW...the lady INSISTED I take a desert :) I like that kind of service actually...she said I should get my monies worth! :goodvibes

I have read of some people getting poweraides with snack credits, at the parks we were not allowed to do this, I wonder if the resorts are more liberal with credits??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter