• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What week in May do your kids get out of school for summer?

What week in May do your kids get out of school for summer?

• First week ( April 29 - May 5 )

• Second week ( May 6 - May 12 )

• Third week ( May 13 - May 19 )

• Fourth week ( May 20 - May 26 )

• Fifth week ( May 27 - June 2 )

• My kids get out after June 2nd

Results are only viewable after voting.
We get out on May 24th. Teachers still have to work on the 25th. So, we planned our trip to start on the 29th. We've never been during this busy of a time. We've always been during the Fall season because I wasn't working back then.

Next year our schools do not start until the last week in August causing us to go into June before summer vacation begins.

My kids get out near end of June.... what is this with making up snow days?? My kids had 2 this year and other years some but our school district does not make them make them up

May 22nd here in Orange Cty, FL.

Next year will be a little later since a FL law was passed and schools can't start more than two weeks before Labor Day now - They will go back Aug 20th instead of what would have been August 6th, so in 2008 they will get out the first week in June.

My kids get out near end of June.... what is this with making up snow days?? My kids had 2 this year and other years some but our school district does not make them make them up

School has to be in session a specific number of days per year, and if the district does not build any extra days into the calendar for snow closings (etc) then the time is made up at the end of the year.

Here in FL we obviously (hopefully) don't have snow, but we do have Hurricane (Bad Weather Days) - instead of making them up at the end of the school year, certain scheduled days off are marked as make up days and are taken away as needed. In 2004 it was a nightmare schools were closed so much due to the hurricanes. They took several days away and then added 1 hour to the school day every Wednesday (which is typically 1 hour early dismissal every week) to make up for the rest of the days so as not to impact winter and spring breaks.

Here in GA we're getting out on May 18 (actually 17th, my birthday, we leave on the 18th for The World) :) We started this year on August 7th.

Kids around here don't get out til June 16th!

In this part of the nation most schools are out by the end of May. But they typically go back well before Labor Day. Some districts used to start around August 5th, but they'd have lots of nice breaks scattered throughout the school year. That was until this coming school year. The state has passed a law requiring that schools start no earlier than August 27th.

Our kids go back well before Labor Day too and still don't get outtil the middle to end of June.

In Shreveport LA, we get out May 19th- I tell everyone I know to go immediately to beat the rest of the country that gets out later than us.

In our NJ district they always factor in 2 snow days, if there are more than 2, they reduce the Feb. break. If there are more than 2 after the Feb. break, than they will add on at the end. We've had only 2, :goodvibes so nothing has changed and we still get out June 20th. They began September 7th.

Western NY they get done late June (usually between 20th-25th ish). We don't have to make up snow days. They cut their President's Week holiday from 5 days to 2 instead.

If we get anymore, they will shorten Easter break.

Although shortening the breaks is rare, we had that freak storm in October that closed the schools here for a week or more, so that is why they did it. Normally, they factor in enough snow days that the kids don't have to make anything up. :)

Oh, and we go back the Wednesday after Labor Day, so this year: Sept 5th.

They started September 7th and their last day will be June 15th. No snow days here this year. However if there had been they would have tacked on the days to spring break.

Our school district runs through the second week of June ... unless we have to make up snow days and then it would run later.

Since when do kids get out of school in May?!? Kids in Michigan are let go in early to mid June. Usually around my birthday (the 13th).

My 23rd here. I'm in my 40s now, but I always remember getting out in May. In fact, the 23rd seems a little late to me, but we started a little later this year, too. Of course, the other side is that we go to school in early August. It got so crazy here that a law was passed stating school couldn't start before a certain date, so we're starting Aug 20th next year. Seems so late to me.

We're out on May 24, which is probably right around when most of the Florida schools will get out since we all started about the same time.

Hmm, I think we'll plan another trip for late May since all you "snow day" people will still be in school!

My kids get out the second & third weeks in June. I'm home schooling next year. Looks like Mickey in early May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter