What was ypur cheapest weekend trip to Disney & how?

mbfaith406

Mouseketeer
Was wondering if anyone ever book just a weekend trip and how it was and how you did it?

Not a truly 'weekend' trip but a quick overnight last month. We were visiting in the Ft Lauderdale area, so figured maybe a quick trip to WDW was in order. So, we drove north (3 hrs!), stayed at Pop for the night (got a great AP rate of $80), hit the parks that night and the next day...both have APs so no addtl pass needed. We booked Coral Reef for dinner. All this was booked 2 days before we went.
I've also booked a very last minute trip in the summer...about 7 years ago. Got a great last minute rate at Pop, decent airfare ($150 pp r/t!) and off we went. That was booked about 6 days prior to travel.

Well at one time we were getting 39 a night with AP passes to pop century and 119 for AKL and WL those were the days.

i've used Pricleline twice to stay off site at motels near main entrance for $35/night. Had a car.

Offsite house rental and annual passes from a previous trip made on trip really cheap.

We live in Maryland and the kids wanted to go to Hershey Park, Pa for a weekend last Sept. I did the math. Drive two hours north, gas, hotel, park admission and food (can't take food in the park), came up with $400 ballpark.

We fly free so we flew down to MCO Friday night, took ME, stayed in Pop for $89 per night, brought our own food. We went to Blizzard Beach all day Sat and flew back Sunday Morning. Spent around $220 including airport parking.

Was wondering if anyone ever book just a weekend trip and how it was and how you did it?
Not really a "weekend" but I have a 3-night trip with my brother coming up next month. My nephew is marching with his high school band in the MK.

1. Airfare covered by using Rapid Rewards points. Bags fly free and I only paid the 9/11 fee of $5 because I don't need pay extra for Early Bird check in if I'm flying alone. My brother is flying out of another airport. We'll use DME to get to and from the airport in Orlando and Disney transportation onsite.
  2. PAP purchased last year using the DVC discount. I've reached the point where the "cost per park day" for the PAP is lower than the cost of any park hopper I could have bought this year.
  3. 1 night at ASSp using the amazing rate that I got on the expedia.co.uk website (£54.09 with tax). I have a "no foreign transaction fee" credit card that took care of the currency conversion.
  4. 2 nights in an OKW studio using 20 DVC points.
  5. Dinner at Yak & Yeti using gift cards I got through an online rewards program and my $25 "birthday bonus" on my Landry's Select account.
  6. Breakfasts prepared in the room using food like instant oatmeal, packaged fruit and coffee that I will pack in my extra bag.
  7. Other meals paid for using Disney Visa rewards dollars and a Starbucks gift card from another online rewards program.
  8. Tips for DME, skycaps and bell hops paid for by cashing in the change in my change jar.
I haven't figured out the final cost. I would have to figure out how much it cost me "per night" for my DVC ownership and that's not an easy calculation. And the actual "cost per park day" for the PAP would really need to be determined by the number of days that I eventually use it this year. But regardless, I'm not spending a lot out of my pocket to go next month and that makes me go :cool1:

i've used Pricleline twice to stay off site at motels near main entrance for $35/night. Had a car.

I did the same with my youngest son, we already had non-expiration tickets, rented a car for $11.00 a day total. We had a great time.:cool1:

I did a solo (week-end) trip in 2001. I had free air-fare (Air Tran) I paid, I think, $29 per night for one of the All Star resorts. I did 1 park (Hollywood Studios). I even arranged a mini-DIS Meet while I was down there. We had a very nice turn out of about 10 people!

Funny story about my solo trip...I did not breathe a word of this trip to youngest DS. I planned it for a week-end he was going to be with his dad. While at Hollywood Studios, I bought a cup with a straw in the lid. It had Mickey on it with a director's megaphone. I came home and wouldn't you know it DS noticed that cup right away. He said "where did that come from"? I said, "Oh, I've had it". ;)

TC :cool1:

Awhile back I was taking a class in Orlando near the airport. The company I was working for at the time paid air and lodging during the class. I extended the weekend -- stayed for $29/night at the Marriott near the airport for a couple nights, then moved out to 192 near World Drive (I want to say Comfort Inn, but I'm not sure) I think that was around $40 a night (for about 3 nights). I had an old 5 day park hopper (this was pre-MYW) that a family member was unable to use, so I didn't have to spend any additional money on tickets. Since I was on my own on that trip, I ate cheap. And I still have one day left on that park hopper (I think it was purchased in 2001).

The cheapest trip is the trip that is starting tomorrow. Here is the break up.
4 day 3 night at ASM with Dinning
$688 Paid with Disney Visa Rewards
Military Salute Tickets
$338 Paid with GC from Xmas
Gas
$280 More Xmas Gift Cards.
Pet Sitting
$250 Paid with cash back from Mastercard
Tips and extras
$200 Disney gift cards (from bdays) and left over point Disney Visa

I did a Halloween two nighter for a little over $600 including airfaire.

Airfare was about $200.
2 Nights at POP for like $110 a night
1 Day Park Hopper
1 MNSSHP ticket

I ate light and bought no souveneers. I think I did all right!

Three nights, three days at AKL (arrived late at night):

Airfare - $250
Rides to airport from DBF - $0
Rented last-minute points at AKL - $250
Took breakfast items from home - $0 addt'l cost
Food and one souvenir - $150
tickets - AP

Did a three day weekend last fall for the cheapest we've ever done, around $1000:

Studio at SSR via DVC points
Airfare on frequent flier miles
2 day park hoppers plus MNSSHP tickets
Order food from garden grocer

I did four days last September with my infant DS. Stayed with my sister and her DH. He's a CM, so we go into the parks for free with his guest passes. We did two days at Disney (MK and DHS) and one day at US/WWoHP. Sister is on staff at Universal, so we went for free there too. I paid $300 in airfare, about $50 for the MNSSHP ticket with the CM discount, and spent about $150 on food and souvenirs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter