• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What was your worst eating experience at Walt Disney World?

Hands down, SI-FI (9/28/06).

It took 10 minutes for the server to greet us, at which time we placed our orders. Nearly 15 minutes later we finally received our drinks (sodas) and appetizers (all together). We never saw our server again until the meal was over (someone else delivered the food, but never said a word, such as "is there anything I can get you?" or "enjoy your meal").

Unfortunately, we were never brought any catsup to go with our fries, and my meal came out COMPLETELY COLD. I'm a mom, so eating not-so-hot food isn't an issue for me. But everything on my plate was completely cold. Ironically, DD8's meal and plate came out very hot (not good for a child's meal when the plate is too hot to touch). Not only was the food cold, but the rueben was disgusting, with no flavor. I've had better at our local greasy spoon (and I won't even eat those anymore).

I told the server about my cold food and no catsup after he came to clear our plates. Too late buddy!! What really made me mad is that I walked away from the meal still hungry (I was too disgusted to order dessert, especially since the entire dining experience lasted over 1-1/2 hours for 1 adult & 1 child). The server still got his tip (dining package), I wasted a TS credit, and I never saw a manager/supervisor to complain to.

The only "positive": My appetizer was good...spinach & artichoke dip. Only there was almost no green/spinach in it. It was white and creamy with a few green flecks. Not what I would consider "spinach dip" but did have a great flavor. Thank God for that!

It's a toss up between Mama Melrose's and Concourse Steakhouse....the food at MM was very bland...and the bisque at CS was horrible...they are definate NEVER AGAINS!!

Spoodles for breakfast. The waiter was just plain rude and acted like he couldn't be bothered with us. There were 4 other families in the place so they weren't busy. DH had the endless breakfast platter and not only did he not bring DH something more he asked for, but told DH "he probably didn't need it anyways". He was very rude to our then 3 yr old telling her she was wasting food (she didn't finish her pancakes). He wasn't joking. I had had it. I have never summoned a manager before but that put me over the edge. We weren't charged for the meal but the manager did not apology or offer any type of explanation. He invited us back to try them for dinner but no thanks, wouldn't take that chance again.

Absolutely the restaurant in Italy, L'Originale Alfredo di Roma! The food & service was horrible. :crazy2: Our waiter was not only slow & rude, but dishonest. He tried to encourage us to "pay cash only" & our bill was not correct - at all. We haven't been back since.

The Electric Umbrella in Epcot, the food was absolutely tasteless and awful.

My vote is for the Princess Dinner in Norway! We were trying something new. Well that something new made me want to puke up my dinner for 3 hours afterwards! Our server was a real treat also...no sense of humor! Literally rolled her eyes and scolded us while trying to pronounce the traditional Norweigian dish on the menu. Yucky Yucky!!

Maelstrom still rocks though! :thumbsup2

Hollywood and Vine at MGM. This was back some years, when they had a character breakfast with Minnie, Goofy, etc. in old time Hollywood outfits. The food was fine, but we had problems with the waitress. This was back when you got one free "perk" (I'm sure they used some other term for this) per person. My parents and sister were using theirs for this breakfast, but I was not, but the waitress used mine as well, but then still charged us for one breakfast. We gave her a fifty dollar bill; she brought change for a twenty, and only when we said something to her did we get the rest of the change. I didn't find out she had used my "perk" for the breakfast, but luckily All-Star Sports put it back on my card. Probably we should have reported that waitress.

Cinderella's - we had gone several years ago and were disappointed.Last year,we thought that we would try again-mistake.The food is at best mediocre and I know you don't go for the food but really when it's so bad that you think McDonalds is gourmet in comparison? Our server was surly.I do have to say that the hostess was very nice.

It sounds like there are no good restaurants at Disney - maybe you should have asked for a good experience (Crystal Palace breakfast thumbs up). But the fast food restaurant at Tommorrowland - can't think of the name - where they have burgers, dogs etc. is so bad. We ate there during the Christmas Party last year and all got violently ill, sat in restrooms most of the party.

Wolfgang Puck....itty bitty portions compared to the humungo bill, BAD service and temperature inside was SOOOOOO hot...in mid September.

Also, Mama Melrose. Terrible service....sooooooo slow. Also, food was BAD...not hot, over seasoned for some things, underseasoned for others, my bread was stale and my drink was watered down.

:sad2:

Coral Reef! Horrible service and worse food. Our server brought out the wrong dishes more than once. The kids ended up asking another server for refills and she brought them right away! The fish tasted like it had soy sauce drenched all over it! yuck! We have some pretty good seafood places where we live, and we are all seafood fans, but this was just not edible! (spelling?) Maybe it was just "Our luck" or lack of for that matter but we will NOT be going back to Coral Reef any time soon!!

Not really the restaurants fault, and a bit more funny than horrible....After we got our food at Pecos Bills, a giant bird swooped down a took the hot dog right off the bun as I was carrying the tray to our table. Scared me to pieces! :scared:

I had the turkey sandwich at the backlot restaurant by Indy Jones. I guess the sandwich was ok....but it was raining, I was wet, and I ordered a cheeseburger.

btw

kangaroodle said:
Not really the restaurants fault, and a bit more funny than horrible....After we got our food at Pecos Bills, a giant bird swooped down a took the hot dog right off the bun as I was carrying the tray to our table. Scared me to pieces! :scared:

Oh my God!!!!!....that's kinda scary

We tried LTT for the first time our past trip in July and the food just did not do it for us. We loved the atmosphere of the restaurant and all the detailing put into it; but we won't go there again.

H&V...we ate there in 2004. The food was awful. My DH, who eats just about anything, said if we ever come back to Disney, we will NEVER eat there again.

I've posted this before, and I'll probably post it again - here's my story:

New Years Eve, 2003, Rose and Crown. Oh, the setting was beautiful, and the beer was good , but the server was a very unpleasant sweaty girl with a bad attitude. And when I say sweaty, I mean that she was unclean. With dirty, stringy hair. And big sweat stains under her arms. And I don't believe that she brushed her teeth that month. I'm not kidding. We knew the restaurant would be busy, and we were planning on sitting for Illuminations, so when she finally got to our table (on the patio), I immediately gave her a $20, and explained that I did it so she wouldn't have to worry about getting stiffed on a busy night (I estimated how much my husband and little boy and I would eat for dinner, and how long we would be there over and above the time it would take to eat a regular sit down dinner, and figured out that starting with $20 as a tip would be about $10 shy - that $10 would come at the end of the night. In case anyone is keeping track, that is assuming a 15% tip on a $200 check, which would be a VERY large check for a table with 2 adults and one child). I may as well have not bothered - we still waited OVER AN HOUR for our first drink (the place was not THAT busy - just normally full), and then about another hour for a cheese plate (which was vile - and I like cheese! And tiny, although I realize it's hard to complain that it was bad AND small) and a bowl of soup (OK, that was very tasty, lamb and barley). I had to get up and go find her for a second round almost 2 hours after we sat down.

I have to give kudos to the manager, though, who when she stopped by our table and found out what we were experiencing (she had sat us, so she knew exactly how long we were there, and said something about how this was not the first complaint about this young lady) bought us back a round.

This would not stop us from going back, but it did put a damper on the night. I mean, I tried. We were very nice, I tipped up front (and did let her know that we would be tipping more at the end of the night, which we stupidly did - heck, I had just seen the WDW NYE fireworks from a ringside seat at Epcot!!), but her grumpy, dirty service did put a big boo hoo on an otherwise perfect evening. Plus, I didn't care for the cheese plate.

Now, I have to say, I've been back since, and the food and the service were fantastic. The mushroom ragout, in particular, is splendid. So it just goes to show, even a great restaurant can be spoiled by a lousy server or a bad day.

KC :sunny:

OMG ABC Commisary HANDS DOWN!!

We just went in for burgers, you cant mess up a burger right??
WRONG!!
And mind you I like the burgers everywhere else in WDW, but I still cringe every time we walk by the commisary building

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter