What Was Your Worst Character Greeting Moment?

Limited release on November 11, 1992. Wide release November 25, 1992. :goodvibes

OK, 17 years I'm ok with, but I'm not ready to be able to say "20 years ago..." :rotfl:

I think I met the peppy one back in September....she reminded me of a cartain popular fairie if you know what I mean. ;)
:tinker:

We met ours a few weeks ago, and she was great. She's on our meet and greet Youtube. She had a very hearty laugh that reminded me of a friend of mine. I've never actually heard any other Aurora laugh. :upsidedow

I was kind of pushed by Minnie at Disneyland last year. For whatever reason, characters seem to walk around DL with character attendants and Minnie was doing a meet and greet alone at the front of the park. As Minnie kept meeting more and more people, she kept moving herself backwards to be shaded under a tree. So it's finally our turn, but the family in front of us isn't really getting out of the way so we were waiting for them to move. Minnie's wildly waving her hand like "c'mon hurry up" so we get over there. My friend tried linking arms with her and she pushed her arm down. Got our picture taken, I said thank you and as I'm walking away Minnie pushes forcefully on my back and I'm like what the...? She was obviously toasty in her costume, but I'm not sure if the push was because she was mad we were "slow" or if it was like "OMG get help." Definitely weird.

On our first time eating at Princess Storybook Bkfast, all the princesses were wonderful---except Aurora! She had zero personality and acted half asleep!! Our DD's were little, and didn't seem to notice, but DH and I make sleepy princess jokes the rest of the trip!

Every time I have met Aurora, I have found her to have zero personality. I don't get it.

Last christmas we stood in line for about 30 minutes to see Mickey at Camp Mini Mickey. A large family/group was in front of us. They were loud and extremely rude the whole time. For example, we could have done without the burping contest! The mom won. Anyway, after 30 minutes they got up to Mickey just as their youngest threwup all over Mickey. Everyone was horrified. Poor Mickey had to run off backstage. A Disney moment we woudl all love to forget!:headache:

About 8 years ago at the Land buffet, a 10yo boy in the next booth told Mickey when he stopped and put his hand out to "get away you pervert". And he wasn't just trying to be funny-he was very serious, Mick just put his head down and walked away. It was sad and uncomfortable.

I don't remember this bad character visit, but my mom does. She still has a thing against poor PLUTO (one of my favorites)! This took place in '77 before all the character queues and dining experiences. The characters freely roamed the parks so you could run up to them and talk, get photos, etc.

PLUTO was out and about in Magic Kingdom. My mom tried to get a photo of me with the dear ol' pooch. I was not quite 3, and other kids (bigger ones) started pushing their way in to see Pluto....crowding me out. Mom really wanted to get a photo so she asked these larger children to move a bit so she could see me in the photo.

Pluto got really upset...waved his paw at her as if to say, "I've had enough of this."...and left. :confused3

My mom has ill-will toward Pluto to this day. :rolleyes1

Last christmas we stood in line for about 30 minutes to see Mickey at Camp Mini Mickey. A large family/group was in front of us. They were loud and extremely rude the whole time. For example, we could have done without the burping contest! The mom won. Anyway, after 30 minutes they got up to Mickey just as their youngest threwup all over Mickey. Everyone was horrified. Poor Mickey had to run off backstage. A Disney moment we woudl all love to forget!:headache:

Ewwww! I think this one takes the prize for worst! :rotfl2:

This happened to my Mom back in 1983, and she still talks about it to this day. My DD3, now DD28, it was her first trip to WDW. She loved Chef Mickey's for breakfast (remember the days when you could just walk up and sit down there?). We ate there each morning. One day, Goofy came over and somehow stepped on my Mom's foot and cracked her toenail. She was NOT a happy camper that day, and is still not a fan of Goofy.

This wasn't a really bad one, but I noticed last time we went to Chef Mickey's, that Goofy was a little bit too goofy. He was acting as if he was drunk. Now I know that Goofy is suppose to act goofy of course. But this one was acting drunk. Now I'm not certain, if at Chef Mickey's if the characters take breaks or of they magically reappear, after like 5 minutes....in other words....there was now a "new" Goofy. But I know that we did end up seeing Goofy twice there, and the 2nd didn't seem drunk. So either he sobered up, or it was a "new" Goofy.

As far as Aurora. We have only had one meeting with her, when my DS was a year and a half and she was great with him. And gave him a big ole kiss on the cheek, which lasted for a good portion of the day.

And I know that we are suppose to talk about our worse experiences. But I have to say, that alot of times one Mickey is better than another. Or one Minnie and so on. But two for us, which have never disappointed us, have been Tigger and Stich. They are always a blast. We have great interactions with them.

My husband and I went last December when I was 8.5 months pregnant. I was very excited to meet the Evil Stepmother and Stepsisters after hearing about all the fun interactions here on the Dis. While in line the handler kept saying, oh they are going to have such a fun time with you since you are pregnant. I hope you are ok with teasing. I assured him I was. We got up to them. Boooorrring. Despite us trying to engage them it was as if they just decided to turn it off. I was so bummed out.

And yes, I agree....all Auroras seem to be much duller than the other princesses.

ok this summer were go to wdw get to h/s were there like 20 min get 1 ride on toy story mania its me my wife and my 3 boys one uses a wheel chair one is adhd and the last is 2 and a cranky pain in the but.

so we go across the way to visit buz and woody my 3yo middle sons fav character in the world is buz!

so the nice cm lets us wait for a few on a bench and back doors us through the exit to see buz and woody. my oldest wheels himself in and my wife takes the 3 yo who runs to buzz as im video taping and walkin in with the 2yo his hand in my hand. the door closes wich is a big metal and glass door
and i hear a scream! my 2yo son has stuck his fingers in the door jam
!!

the cm opens the door he screams bloody murder my wife grabs him and runs out the door to the bench and i round up the other 2

hes cut bleeding and smushed 2 fingers!

they call emt and like 4 manger cms
emt looks at it and says probably not broken offers ambulance but recomends go to 1st aid for ice and tylenol . so we go
the cm manger walks us over even pushes the stroller and stops and buys us water and all 3 kids iskadoodles so the hurt kid can hold the cold ice in his bad hand! verry smart cm!

long story short it wasnt broken he tuffed it out and we went back in to the park to ride had a great time that is untill he fell in the room at pop and smacked his head on the mirror on the back of the bathroom door and cracked it but didnt cut himself at all!! i dont know what to do with him hes
a walking disaster!!!

scott

ok this summer were go to wdw get to h/s were there like 20 min get 1 ride on toy story mania its me my wife and my 3 boys one uses a wheel chair one is adhd and the last is 2 and a cranky pain in the but.

so we go across the way to visit buz and woody my 3yo middle sons fav character in the world is buz!

so the nice cm lets us wait for a few on a bench and back doors us through the exit to see buz and woody. my oldest wheels himself in and my wife takes the 3 yo who runs to buzz as im video taping and walkin in with the 2yo his hand in my hand. the door closes wich is a big metal and glass door
and i hear a scream! my 2yo son has stuck his fingers in the door jam
!!

the cm opens the door he screams bloody murder my wife grabs him and runs out the door to the bench and i round up the other 2

hes cut bleeding and smushed 2 fingers!

they call emt and like 4 manger cms
emt looks at it and says probably not broken offers ambulance but recomends go to 1st aid for ice and tylenol . so we go
the cm manger walks us over even pushes the stroller and stops and buys us water and all 3 kids iskadoodles so the hurt kid can hold the cold ice in his bad hand! verry smart cm!

long story short it wasnt broken he tuffed it out and we went back in to the park to ride had a great time that is untill he fell in the room at pop and smacked his head on the mirror on the back of the bathroom door and cracked it but didnt cut himself at all!! i dont know what to do with him hes
a walking disaster!!!

scott

I don't know if this is something you want to win. But I say you win for the worst experience.

After an almost 12 year absence from Disneyland, I was more anxious than ever to go as an adult to this magical place. One of my missions going there was to find my favorite character, Donald Duck, and get a picture with him. I had read on boards like this and others that Donald was somewhat of a rarer character, but I was still determined.

I get to Disneyland and the first line of business was to find out where Donald would be, so I asked the CM at the information desk on Mainstreet. Since they just opened, the guy who deals with the characters wasn't there so they asked me to check back with them later. Many rides later I return and asked again... this time the CM said Donald was at mainstreet at that very moment and I should hurry down there.

I rushed to the center of mainstreet and there he was in all of his glory, DONALD! I stood up there and started waiting, that's when a CM came up to me and said, "the line has been cut off". I couldn't believe my luck and could only stand there as the duck took pictures with people. The last person was through and I quickly walked up, hoping they would make an exception, but instead Donald just looked back at me and waved... I was turned down by Donald Duck. :sad2:

Luckily before I left Disneyland I found out again where he would be and finally got that photograph with him, but I'll never forget getting turned down for a photograph by my favorite duck. Good times.

Peter Pan this past August was kinda creepy. He was like a creepy little boy my mom, sister and I felt awkward taking a picture with him. Haha!

Anyone got a picture of 'creepy' Peter? I'd like to see if we saw him this past September.

My "bad" experiences were still pretty good!

Feb., 2008: lunch at the Crystal Palace. Eeyore accidentally smacked my daughter, right upside her head! He couldn't see very well, and knocked her glasses crooked. I only wish I'd gotten a picture. It was very funny!

Sept., 2000: At the Polynesian, our character meal was supposed to feature Minnie Mouse, and she didn't show. It was our daughter's 5th birthday, and she was very disappointed. We did get an autographed photo, but it wasn't the same. :(

January, 2008 I took my 8 year old goddaughter to Akershus for breakfast. When Mulan came up, my goddaughter excitedly told her that she knew how to say "hello" in Japanese. Mulan snapped - loudly enough for people at the surrounding tables to hear - "I'm Chinese, not Japanese" and then left. My goddaughter was mortified, and I felt so bad for her. She had been so proud a moment before. :sad1:

If I'd had any idea she was going to say that, would've quietly explained the difference. And the "Mulan" (who, btw, didn't look Asian at all) could've been polite about it. :sad2:

In September 2006, Mom and I had dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern for my birthday. Minnie was wonderful, Pluto was great, Chip-n-Dale were the best BUT Goofy stunk. He was horrible. He hardly paid any attention to anyone and was just all around awful and I usually think Goofy is one of the best.

This year - September again - we were at the character meet-n-greet at Epcot and Donald stunk. Now, I was excited because I usually never see Donald. He was just bad. Had his arms crossed like it was boring...even the CM was trying to get him in the mood.

Oh, well!

We took our daughter to WDW for the first time last November. She fears NOTHING so I wasn't all that worried with her meeting the characters. We met the fab 5, most princesses, the fairies, etc etc. Made our way over to Rafiki's planet watch and met Jiminy and Pocohantas without a problem. Typically she would bolt into their arms and give the biggest hug ever. Until we met Rafiki...

http://

For some reason she did NOT like him. Lion King is one of her favorites and she just can't bring herself to like him. We will be back in two weeks and I asked her last night if she wanted to meet him and she said NO!

I have 2 bad character experiences. One was Sleeping Beauty (I'm noticing a trend here!). My DD was about 6, and SB was her FAVORITE princess by a mile. We were at a Princess breakfast, and all of the princesses were wonderful, very interactive, etc. EXCEPT Sleeping Beauty! My DD was so excited to see her, and she was a real dud! DD had on a SB t-shirt, and showed her, and all she did was say like a robot "you are my special friend" without even glancing at her, posed for a photo barely smiling and left. She gave us the least amount of time of all of the princesses. I still remember the sad look on my DD's face. :sad2:

The other bad experience was with Piglet at CP. This Piglet had attitude, and was insisting for like 5 minutes through gestures that we put our DD2 back into her high chair for the photo. She was our youngest, and my other kids were all posed and ready for the shot, we had taken DD2 out so she could stand by Piglet, and this Piglet just did not want the photo taken that way. He/she was actually being rude. Very strange. :confused:

DH did not like Peter Pan when we were there in March. Cannot remember the problem he had with him (he is in Atlanta on business at the moment) but the look DH is giving Peter

DH adding-
Peter made some type of comment (cannot remember what it was exactly) and I just gave him the look.
Out of the 76 characters we met during our visit, how perfect the CM's fit their characters, Peter just totally took the magic away during this meeting.
How I wish I could remember what he said.

20090319_0422.jpg

20090319_0423.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter