What was your most memorable moment on your cruise?

Wow...these are really great...your stories gave me chills...they were so sweet. Thanks for sharing!

Sure hope most of you got pics of your little ones with these fabulous characters at that special moment.

A tie: When they had that Graduation ceremony for the kids clubs-got teary-eyed because they had so much fun and I didn't want it to end! AND at the shows my 2 yo (read: 25 months) DD would OOH and Aww and sing and clap along to the shows in the theater every night.

We've got some great memories of our three Disney cruises. However, the one that comes to mind quickly was when dh said on our cruise last year "I think we should book back-to-back cruises." We're booked for next August and we can't wait!!

for us- watching our children have the time of their lives! from Taylor dressed in her princess gowns meeting her favorite princesses, to her walking like a princess down the atrium stairs to Gary having a blast in the mickey pool or just sitting on the deck eating his favorite ice cream with sprinkles- they all were priceless and unforgetable!

Does this count? We haven't even sailed yet... but today, in the mail box was the confirmation of our ressie... It's my DS's (5) "responsibility" to get the mail each day and when he came FLYING to the house he was screaming... "Mommy, Mommy, Mickey Mouse sent some mail!!!"

Inside was the postcard (I hid it quickly) from Mickey that shows the ship docked and Minnie and Mickey in the forefront.... so, a couple of hours later, I wrote my son's name and our address on it and snuck it back into the mailbox.

I then asked him if he was sure if he got all of the mail... and he said "I'll go check"... Well, the first time he was FLYING.... the second trip back to the house he was on CLOUD NINE!!!

So, we haven't sailed yet... I have so many more memories to look forward to!! :wave:

On our first cruise when our then 4 year old Justin locked himself in the bathroom on the last morning. He had such a grand time that no way was he leaving. Well, we called maintenance and they unlocked the door and 4 year old Justin left the ship. Fortunately, we have sailed again and will do the repor in a few weeks, Now ten year old Justin will probably not lock himself in the bathroom, but wishes that he still could!!!!! :goodvibes :earsboy: :sunny: :flower:

:) That is so sweet. I wonder how many kids maintenance has to recover on the last morning. :)

Our first cruise: hearing the Disney horn for the first time.

Our Spring Break cruise in '04: having the new Queen Mary II signal the Magic until the Magic sounded the famous Disney horn.

Another memory, being on a family vacation and our blended family didn't have one fight between the teen sibblings. The best vacation ever for our family is on a DCL cruise.

One more: seeing a launch from Cape Canaveral from the ship. Spring Break '04.

Kathy

My favorite memory was the night one of DD's friends, a counselor in the club, was to eat with us. We told our servers ahead of time that Molly would be eating with us that night and when we arrived at dinner, there were places set for five adults(me,DH, DD, GMA and Aunt) and one child, complete with bumper seat, crayons and child's menu. Imagine Molly's surprise when she arrived to find that her place was set for a "child" so she would feel comfortable. We all laughed till we cried...then DD(25) ordered the Mickey Ravioli and a Mickey bar from the kids menu as she and Molly worked all the puzzles on the kids menu.

Every night after that we had to have a kids menu for the "adult kids" so we could color the pictures and work the puzzles. A very special second childhood for all of us.

It's funny what sticks out for me... we had so many great experiences on our cruise, but I love this one for some reason. DD, 4 at the time, was much more a Minnie girl than a princess girl. She LOVED Minnie. After we got on the ship and got the little things done we went to register the kids for the clubs. We got her registered but she and I were waiting for DH to finish registering DS in the lab and were just standing there in front of the area all by ourselves. A CM came over and beckoned my daughter to the alcove overlooking the lobby and pointed up one level. There, across from us, was Minnie... completely alone in the alcove above and across and looking right at us. She waved and blew my DD a kiss and it truly felt like she was the only child on the ship at that moment, having a private audience with Minnie. We were both glowing when we walked away. Although many magical experiences followed, maybe because it was our first bit of pixie dust on the ship, it remains my favorite.

Oh good heavens! This thread needs a tissue alert! These stories are all so heartwarming they bring tears to my eyes.

alikat99 said:
We received a call right before sailaway that our clothes had arrived and they were on their way.

Way to go Disney for going out of their way to help us, especially since we weren't staying at an actual Disney hotel!!!

WOW! Now that's real guest service!

Joel

The most memorable experience was the experience of being able to still spend time with my family. My girls still enjoy going with us on vacation!

4f464804.jpg

On one of our cruises, when DD was about 7. we were getting off the ship at CC. Just as the elevator doors opened on Deck 1, the CM doors opened and Mickey and Minnie ::MinnieMo came out in their beach clothes. Minnie saw DD, grabbed her by the hand, and they skipped off the ship together(this of course was pre-9-11 days) and DD stood with the characters waving as people came off the ship. DH and I just stood there, with our mouths hanging open. I, of course, had no camera or video camera...

DD, now almost 13, still talks about this experience. And I can remember it like it was yesterday.

Phyllis :earsgirl:

I know my DS' favorite memory: the shows! He was 2 1/2 when we cruised last January and loved to clap his hands. And when we went back home, he wanted to go to the show before going to bed!

Try explaining that the boat is very very far away and that other people are on the boat now...

He stills remember the bubbles from the sailaway party too.

When we went to San Pedro last June to see the Magic, he asked if that was ''his'' ship (but he knows that he has to share so other people can see the shows too).

I can't wait to go back to see what DD (who was only 8 months when we first sailed) will like best! Last January, she just enjoyed waving to everyone in the elevator!

well on the two Disney Cruise's i have been on as a Guest...those would have to be celebrating my parents 25th wedding anniversary and my 23nd birthday. you are never told old to vacation with your family. ...and i'll never forget the first time my dad put on the lifevest, we laughed during the entire lifeboat drill...

and of course i have tolds of memoried from being a Member of the Cruise Staff on the Magic between October 2004 and June 2005....highlights include..

My First Cruise as a Crew Member...
Meeting a great friends like Dazzler, Pikey and Kaz...
getting pelted with white puff balls during Pirate Deck Party...
The First Repo Cruise thru the Panama Canal...
the family's that made each cruise special...
My 24th birthday...
When my Parents sailed while i was workin...
Dolphins in Cozumel...
hanging on the beach in Cabo San Lucas...

but i'd have to say a very special moment was meeting a little man named Doug who turned 6 on the same day i turned 24. if not often you meet someone who has the same birthday .... and even less likely that you'l have the same name.

and finally it was always a great feeling when on a Friday night right after Pub Night, family's would let us (myself and the entire cruise staf team) know "you were our favorite part of the trip...thank you"

....i have a box of tissues around hear somewhere.
to all who read this and know who i am ...thank you for making Disney Cruise Line a great chapter in my life...and who knows i may return.

Dougie

A moment I will never forget on the May repositioning cruise -- it was late at night I went downstairs, I don't remember why exactly.

There were people sleeping in line to get their Disney pins the next day. They were sleeping in line on a cruise ship!

I had never witnessed such stupidity before. It was unforgettable.

One of my favorite moments on the last cruise was sitting on deck 4 with my daughter who was 6 at the time, in those comfy chairs. We were just relaxing. A few minutes later my daughter stood up and came over to sit with me. We sat that way, watching the water until she fell asleep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter