• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What was your group

Vocal music group. They were nice kids, mostly interested in pursuing some kind of life in the music world. I'll agree with the others here who just weren't all that into high school. There were some good times, but much better times followed.:)

I'm not sure, and I don't really know what group people would say I was. I got along with anyone that was nice no matter what group they were in. I was a cheerleader, but I didn't really fit in and ended up quitting for a bit, even though I tried so hard for 4 years of try outs before getting picked. The girls were pretty brutal. I was more quiet and shy, no make up, rock n roll / heavy 80's metal of type girl, and they were popular, lots of makeup and more wealthy. I got picked on a lot, so I quit. My senior year, I tried out for varsity and made it, and I didn't give up that time, or let them get to me. A few on the squad were nice. Basically, I had some friends in every single group. I sort of did my own thing.

I was in the color guard, so we got lumped in with the band geeks since we traveled & performed with them in the Fall.

I also got lumped in with the weirdos, since I was into creative writing and Lord of the Rings/comic books/Star Wars.

I posted a TBT picture from the yearbook from my junior year a few weeks back on FB. The pic was of me with three guys in a band I used to follow in HS, and I referred to them as the 'cool kids'. The lead singer of the band said he always considered me one of the 'cool kids' so maybe I was a bit misguided back then, lol.

My friends and I called ourselves the Rainbow Nerds because most of us were gay, bi, or gender non-conforming. (And we were all nerds.)

We gave ourselves the title of "Misfits" back in high school (late 80's) b/c we really didn't fit in with any particular crowd. There were 5 of us at that time. I was the "Goodie Two Shoes" (still am to a degree), DH (boyfriend back then) was the Geek but not quite Nerd who liked heavy metal music, one was a cross between a skater punk (as DH puts it) and a role playing gamer, another was a little of a Preppie and my BFF at the time was very similar to "The Breakfast Club" character, Allison Reynolds (aka "The Basket Case").

DH considers himself the "glue" that held us together b/c he was friends with people from every "Sub-strata" (his words, not mine) of every clique in high school. Over time we began to drift apart. DH and I obviously got married. Our "Preppie" friend moved after college and we haven't heard from him except for one time a few years ago. DH keeps in touch with the other two for us via FB (I don't have a FB acct and don't want one).

I considered us the "cool nerds". Sorta sporty. Honors and AP classes. Save the Earth clubs. I loved high school.

I considered myself a bit of a floater. My core friends were band kids, but I also had jock friends and preppy friends and some of those people also overlapped into the band group. LOL I was a bit of a nerd I think. Not so much a nerd that got picked on, but also not one of the "cool kids." See? Even now, nearly 20yrs later I can't nail it down! LOL

I was definitely part of the "out" crowd. Misfits. My DH was on the yearbook staff so he was friends with everyone from all different groups.

I was with the older kids. My DH was in college when we met, so I just hung out with his friends.

I was in the "no in a group" group. Hung out with about 3 people. We played a lot of sports together, none of them school teams, all outside. I think I may have been the only one to ever attend one of our High School football games. 8 to 3 Monday through Friday was enough of school for us.

There were two groups, one of which was strictly my senior year. That was my then-girlfriend, a weird sort of brainiac guy, and me. We hung out mostly in Physics class and after school. My main group though was the ROTC. Well, actually the National Defense Cadet Corps or NDCC, but the only difference was in where our funding came from and we were still called Rotcees. Since it was the late 1960's, we were NOT popular, so we formed a fairly tight social group.

I did sports (track, cross country and wrestling) but I mostly hung with the higher echelon of nerds and band/drama geeks, especially after I got into drama, and sort of became a drama geek myself.

I guess you could say nerds, though honestly my little group of friends was so varied, its hard to lump it into one group. I was the resident emo/punk kid at my school, one of my friends was class Valedictorian, my other friend was a book worm, and another friend was the free-spirited eclectic type. Most of us also were involved with the "popular" crowd from time to time.

I don't know how I'd describe us exactly. Maybe the 'nice private school girls'. We were fairly cool (maybe 3rd or 4th coolest group) and most of us were friends with cooler people too, but we were well behaved, wore our uniform correctly, etc. There was another group that we often joined forces with who were cooler than us, so I think that helped us by association. A lot of us were into music and theatre, house activities (a big thing in Australian schools), raising money for charity (and that doesn't help get you into university here). We were fairly smart too: most of our group, bar one or two girls, were in the top 5% of the state in our final results, with a few in the top 1%, although we all tended to be good at humanities, languages, etc. rather than maths and science. We were probably exactly the type of girls that the school wanted as its poster girls and a few of us definitely were (including the school captain, who also happened to be a model).

The "I didn't want to move to a new HS my junior year!" :sad:

Much less one where the main groups were "farmers" and "freaks". :scared:

I did make a few friends that I hung out with during school and after we graduated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter