What was your game plan for moving out???

ro80

DIS Veteran
With flights coming out today, I am finalizing the game plan for moving my daughter out. She has to be out Jan. 2 - so am I giving her and myself enough time to get everything out she needs? I am arriving on the 1st and leaving the 3rd. It's just such a really busy time down there and I'm trying to do is with the least amount of stress possible.....:)

With flights coming out today, I am finalizing the game plan for moving my daughter out. She has to be out Jan. 2 - so am I giving her and myself enough time to get everything out she needs? I am arriving on the 1st and leaving the 3rd. It's just such a really busy time down there and I'm trying to do is with the least amount of stress possible.....:)

Well first off are you 100% sure she won't extend into the Spring?

My daughter had originally planned on only one semester but ended up extending.

That said it was very hectic getting her moved out even in the Spring. She worked every day her last week up until 6:30 pm the night before she had to be out. We were there to help her but it was still time consuming. They also have to allow time to get their costume turned in and keys turned in.

On the day she has to be out she will have to be done and out by 11:00 am. So you will be packed up and ready to return on the 3rd.

Good luck.
Liz

so coming home on the 4th won't benefit me, or will it??? Or should I leave on the 31st??? I am going down in November so maybe I could take some stuff home then?????? I'm a newbie at this and right now she doesn't plan on extending.....

so coming home on the 4th won't benefit me, or will it??? Or should I leave on the 31st??? I am going down in November so maybe I could take some stuff home then?????? I'm a newbie at this and right now she doesn't plan on extending.....

Well the benefit to staying later would be you could perhaps play in the parks (although she will no longer have an ID so it would be a paying ticket).

We were down there a week early (because we like to play in the parks and just like the area) My daughter worked long late hours that whole week so we got very little packed up before her last night. She had worked at packing up stuff though here and there.

I personally would want to be there a day or so ahead of time to facilitate the moving out process but its entirely a personal opinion on how much time you really need.

I was down there in November too but there wasn't really anything to take home - in fact I brought more stuff with me - a warmer coat, some more of her DVDs, etc -- I just added to the pile.

Liz

Well, I booked Dec. 31-Jan. 3. The flights were high but what can I do...I didn't have a choice. Hopefully they will go down or I'll get a DING....!!!

I'm still livign with my parent. o_O

I'm only 21 though, and I'm hoping to be married "relaively" soon, so shouldn't be long. Though I still love being iwth my family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter