What was your first resort?

Technically, Disneyland Hotel. That was my family's favourite when we were growing up.

My first WDW hotel though was All Star Music! I had no idea what it would be like, and it was nice, nothing to complain about, Disney touches, it was a solid value resort. However the next trip I stayed at Coronado and found the mods more to my liking! I love Coronado, some think it's huge, but I actually found it the right size for me :-)

Pop Century! It suits our needs. We don't hang out much at the hotel so we don't need a fancy resort. We loved the Skyliner, too!

I went over 15 times before I ever stayed onsite. My family had a home in Daytona Beach so we were day trippers or we stayed off site in I-Drive (I think it was called the International?) or in Kissimee. I was actually looking at offsite for my honeymoon in 2006 when on a whim, I priced out staying onsite at all star movies (I love dalmatians), then I found all the disney message boards, then I learned about CL and the WL and the rest is history. Our first onsite stay was in Sept 2006 CL at the WL (go big or go home) for our honeymoon.
As a kid I remember riding in on the monorail going through the Contemporary and seeing all the people on the concourse and I just thought that they were so lucky they got to be there. I never realized until researching my honeymoon that is wasn't as unobtainable as I somehow thought. I made sure to eat at the old Concourse Steakhouse at the 2006 trip. I loved that meal.
Since then we have returned to the lodge twice more with a third trip this fall. We have also tried Poly, AoA, CBR, and POR.

Stayed at the brand new Villas of the Grand Floridian on our "once in a lifetime" trip in 2013. Our 9th trip will be in May, split stay at Riviera and our new home resort, VGF. We've stayed on the GF hotel side a few times, but this will be our first time back to the VIllas. We've also stayed at POR, POFQ, PBV, and BRV. All were great, but that first trip hooked us.

We stayed at Contemporary on our honeymoon in 1974. We stayed there a couple more times then Polynesian and Disney Inn (formerly Golf Resort) and every other resort with the exception of Grand Floridian before purchasing DVC

First, POFQ, then Pop, then YC, then back to POFQ, and next upcoming is POFQ again. It's the resort that seems to fit our style the most. I'd be willing to do another YC/BC/BW, as it was probably my second favourite, but only if the price point was comparable to staying at POFQ (when all things are considered, like say Free Dining).

All Star Movies-TS section for my seriously obsessed 6 year old DS at the time. It was suppose to be the one and done trip so we could say we took the kid. That was 2001. DS is now almost 26 and we've been every year since-but not always with the DS now days. :p

We stayed at BLT for our first visit and have returned there for one other visit. We absolutely love the location and prefer BLT over CR because the tower rooms can sometimes be noisy due to Chef Mickey's below. We've stayed in almost every other deluxe onsite but you just cannot beat a short walk back to your room from MK!

Contemporary in June 1981. We loved every minute of it. As DVC members we stay at BLT quite a bit and purchasing it was an easy decision due to its location! :lovestruc Every once in a whole we stay in the tower for a few nights. It always brings back wonderful memories.

We stayed at AKL our first trip. We were originally scheduled for CBR but received a postcard about upgrading for little to no cost... we were going the summer after 9/11 so not as many people were traveling. That upgrade actually ended up costing us a lot in the long run... we fell so in love with AKL that we became DVC members at Kidani. We’ve tried other resorts on a few trips, but nothing feels quite the same as “going home” to Kidani.

Our first two trips were 1977 & 1980. We stayed at the Polynesian. I can no longer afford their rates but still love the resort and the memories made there. Only the Magic Kingdom in those days and it was not hard to ride multiple times.

First resort with my parents was CBR (stayed offsite two trips before). First trip as an adult who paid for their own accommodations was a split stay at Poly/BCV. First trip taking my kids (DS1 was 6 months during the Poly/BCV trip, so I don't think that counts) was at YC, and that was the trip that started my yearly trips with extended family...kids come every three years, but siblings and I and sometimes parents meet for a short trip yearly since.

I'm just curious where everyone stayed for their first on-property trip. Have you stayed at that resort again? Is it one of your favorites?
The first time was the Disney Golf Resort in 1981. never heard of it? Maybe you might remember The Disney In? No? Well, it’s Shadesof Green now....so..have not stayed there since. Second time was the Contemporary garden wing. The wing we stayed in was demolished, so, can’t stay there again...

My first resort stay was the Contemporary garden wing in 1981 when I was little. I don't remember too much about it and I haven't stayed there again. My second onsite stay was in 2000 and we stayed at the Disney Institute! A friend of mine was a CM and got a great deal. They closed the Disney Institute resort in 2003 and turned it into Saratoga Springs...so I haven't been back. I remember our room had a living room with a kitchenette and a bedroom with 2 beds.

My first resort was grand floridian, club level, theme park view. That was back in the day when they were steeply discounting rates. Got it for less per night than a standard room at the poly on our recent trip. *sigh* those were the days. Have never been back because the prices now are outrageous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter