What was your first car?

I've driven cars that my parents bought used for my siblings and I to drive, but the first car I purchased on my own was a 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse. I'm on my third car now, a 2009 Hyundai Sonata.

1962 pale yellow Ford Falcon. Stick shift (unsyncronized) on the steering column. Great fuel economy (when gas was 28 cents a gallon) but a pain to drive. Can't remember what I paid for it--a few hundred bucks was all.

1990 Red Dodge Shadow. The air and heat were both broke. And I had a 2x4 to hold up the hatchback when I went into the trunk. I have since bought 2 new cars (2000 Cavalier & 2008 Rav-4) and all have been red. The funny thing is I don't even like red.

74 Dodge Dart. With broken linkage. :laughing: Tons of fun in HS getting out and pushing it back and forth until it stayed it in the parking space. :rolleyes1

:goodvibes I had a '67 Dodge Dart! The front seat would not even pull far enough forward for me to reach the accelerator with my whole foot. I either had to have a pillow behind my back or drive with my toes.

The first car I bought myself was a '93 Misubishi Diamonti a little after I got out of college.

1968 Camaro. It was 20 years old when I bought it for $200. It had rot holes the size of my head and was held together by coat hangers and duct tape!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Mine was a 1976 Spitfire convertible. Candy Apple Red, with Leather Interior and real wood paneling on the dashboard.QUOTE]

Me too! Mine was a 1979 Spitfire convertible. Orange-red with a black top. It had black and white houndstooth seats. Mine had the same wood paneling and would leak from underneath the dashboard every time it rained. The heater was about as warm as lighting a match and it had no air conditioner, of course. However, I loved it and would welcome it back into the family in a second if I came across it again!

This is a very interesting thread. Sadly, I've had a full driver's licence for 2 years, but I still haven't got a first car.

1978 ford pinto :lmao: I loved that car til i hydro planed and hit ditch when i was 13wks pregnant with my first child. We were fine but the car totalled..My inlaws gave me their 1980 mustang...that was the ugliest mustang....sold it about 10yrs ago...lol
I'm waiting for my DH to fix my 1987 honda civic...i love that car...it kept over heating and now needs new heads...

The great thing about this story is that Kitikat's '78 Pinto was my first car too. My dad and I bought it for $100 I think in '83. We put a new engine in it. It ran like a sewing machine. I later sold it to Kitikat, who was my girlfriend at the time, for $400 in 1988. And she still married me two years later in 1990. :cool1:

Mike

The first car that was "mine" to drive was an '82 Honda Civic station wagon. Alas, this car met an untimely demise on the Cape when a woman named Tandy ran a stop sign. The first car I paid for myself (with a car loan for $1800) was a 1985 Ford Tempo.

My first car was a 1976 AMC station wagon sport with rally rims. Bought it in December of 1994. The guy who sold it to me drove it up here from Florida, it was his grandmother's and she had passed away. It had one little spot of rust on the passenger side door and was in great shape.
The air conditioning worked and had a setting that said "desert only".
I loved this car!!!
It came with all these manuals about the car the kind of books shops keep so they can refer to them.
It was ivory in colour, with tan interior!
When I sold it I got almost what I had paid for it and the guy who bought it was wanting to restore it. Which by this time needed it. Age was not being kind!

1978 Ford Mustang (one of the worst years for Mustangs), white with a wide aqua blue racing stripe. Bought it new and after a year it constantly needed repairs!

1967 Buick Special. This color was called "Electric Blue"

77023k_27.jpeg

I will have to post a picture of my babay!
Bought it in 1994, and in 1998 they were making a made for tv movie in our neighborhood and I was the only one who did not have to move my car off the street, as it was period for the movie! :rotfl::rotfl:

I drove several 1960 & 1970 something Ford or Mercury Station Wagons - the classic had two oscillating fans mounted just behind the driver and passenger seat.
I also drove a Capris that the pop out window behind the driver had fallen off along the way & a Pinto Station Wagon. Since my father always bought these used and under $500, their life spans were fairly short, as generally they already had 1 foot in the grave when he bought it.

The first car, I purchased was a 1994 Saturn SL1. I saw the Prototype Model at Epcot in May 1991 and fell in love with the Saturn - so I saved my pennies and bought it in November of 1993.

The first car that I bought was a burgundy 1988 Ford Mustang notchback. It looked good but it only had a 4 cylinder engine-just not right in a Mustang.

The first car that I got to drive (to school and work) was a brown 1978 Ford Zephyr. That car was ugly but it could move. :car:

Mine was a 1977 AMC Hornet Sportabout station wagon! It was clean and I kept it looking good but there was a problem....it backfired. :eek: :rotfl:

The picture below will probably bring back a few memories for you.

My first car was a 1976 AMC station wagon sport with rally rims. Bought it in December of 1994. The guy who sold it to me drove it up here from Florida, it was his grandmother's and she had passed away. It had one little spot of rust on the passenger side door and was in great shape.
The air conditioning worked and had a setting that said "desert only".
I loved this car!!!
It came with all these manuals about the car the kind of books shops keep so they can refer to them.
It was ivory in colour, with tan interior!
When I sold it I got almost what I had paid for it and the guy who bought it was wanting to restore it. Which by this time needed it. Age was not being kind!

It was a 1976 Hornet X Sportabout Station Wagon, with 140,000 miles on it, but real clean.
For car buffs out there, the new owner had a new (1970's) crated 401ci engine he was going to install for drag racing purposes.
The picture was taken just before we sold it.

Katsfirstcar.jpg

(not my house in the background)

Now, my first car was a 1972 Mercury Rideau 500 2 door, with a 351W.
Bought it for $200 in 1980 and had to put new floorboards in the driver's side and numerous holes in the wheel wells (no holes allowed in Ontario for certification).
This thing was a tank, 22' long and the doors were about 6' long.
This picture was taken on the day I was going to court for my first traffic accident. :lmao:

firstcar1981.jpg

And just to throw it out there, my next car was my favorite, a 1974 Roadrunner, fiberglass front end, which I threw a 1968 440ci into with headers and a duel feed drag carb.
Man I loved that car.

74runnerin87.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter