What was your experience with MK or Epcot Shoots BEFORE wedding?

honey2741

DIS Veteran
Hello Everyone! :flower3:

I am thinking it would be better for me to schedule my MK Shoot the morning of the wedding. For those who have done a photo shoot on the day of their wedding (PRIOR to ceremony), what was your experience? Did your dress get dirty? I'm trying to take advantage of the fact I will be already have makeup and hair done without having to pay extra. My ceremony is at 10 am. Thanks for your input.

I know I have read TR's with brides who have done it, but I cannot remember who (maybe it was on the private site). I don't remember reading anything bad about the experience. I think it is a great idea! You already have to be up early, and are paying for your makeup and hair to be done, so why not!!!

I'm doing the Epcot shoot before...but it's a VR and it's on the Cruise and we will be at WDW before the cruise so there really isn't any other way to do it! :rotfl:

I do know of 1 bride who did it......she said it was fine and really does save you money! Plus...i think it will prevent that rush rush rush right before the ceremony since you will have already been ready for a long time! You'll have more time to relax and take everything in. And you can hopefully have DPS capture your First Look!

That is exactly what we did. That way I only paid for hair and make up once, only had to rent the tux for one day and didn't have to mess up the rest of our trip worrying about it or getting dressed up again. We also had a 10 am ceremony at the YC Gazebo.

Basically, Ana arrived at 4am (or 4:30 ??) and my husband slept through all the commotion of the hair and make up festivities. I woke him up when it was time to get dressed, we met Ty from DPS in the lobby around 5:30, went to the MK, did our photos, came back, slipped out of my dress for a short time, sent hubby down to the bakery to grab some breakfast (we were at the Boardwalk). We ate, redressed, the photographer and wedding party started showing up and we were off to the wedding. Timing was perfect, no major lag time, plus, like I said, no 2nd hair/make up or tux rentals. We were able to enjoy the rest of our honeymoon ! We even closed down MGM at 2am that night !

We had our Epcot photoshoot the morning of our wedding. The shoot started around 9:15 am and our ceremony was at 2:30 pm... we had plenty of time to eat a light lunch and change back into our wedding attire. I thought it was fun to do it in the morning... it really led up to our wedding and it was nice to get my hair and makeup only done once. My dress was perfect... no wrinkles or dirty spots and my makeup held up all day and night. I say go for it! :thumbsup2

We also did our MK and EPCOT shoots the morning of the wedding, for all reasons stated above.
I'm glad we did it that way actually.

Patricia showed up at like 4am, and did my hair and makeup, DF took his shower, DPS picked us up at like 5:45 I think for our 6am shoot time, but we were running a little late, we did MK, then EPCOT then back to BW. I got out of my dress for a little bit and DF took a nap (LUCKY!) I couldn't because I didn't have much time before Patricia came back to do my MOH's hair and makeup and the MOB and MOG.

Our ceremony was 2:30 at SBP.

I thought we'd be tired by the end of the DP that night, but we weren't, the day went great and we even stayed up until after midnite for EMH at EPCOT! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter